Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-29-2013, 06:57 AM   #1  

Lightbulb Supporting Each Other on our Weight Loss Journey

Hello friends.
I used to "run" a thread here on 3FC for a very long time and had a nice group of people who came and talked and worked together. I got away from it and I got away from many of the things I was doing right. But, over this long journey, I have done many things correctly as well. I am no where close to goal weight and there are tons of things in my closet that I am not fitting in to, but I have a fresh attitude and I really need help from people as far as motivation goes.
I blew it this weekend, particularly last night.
I searched my soul and said I need some support. I need people to applaud what I have done well and right and to keep me on track. I need YOU!

So, my goal for today is to plan ahead what foods I shall eat and to stick with it. I shall cut up some veggies to have as snacks and I shall monitor each calorie that goes into my mouth. I am going to clean out the candy in the kitchen cupboard and perhaps throw lots of it away. I have a sweet tooth that is making me crazy in the afternoons. There is no excuse and I need to power through those times.
I need to do slimming and toning exercises today and I will get on my treadmill for 1/2 hour.
What will you be doing? What are your goals for today and the week? What obstacles will be in your path and perhaps we can help you with those? Please help!
derrydaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:31 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Linda, welcome for your return. Sounds like you have a good plan.
What will I do, step on the scale, first thing and then follow the menu plan that I prepare every day.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:48 AM   #3  

Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargoo View Post
Linda, welcome for your return. Sounds like you have a good plan.
What will I do, step on the scale, first thing and then follow the menu plan that I prepare every day.
Thank you for responding and the welcome. So, what is on that menu?
Just prepared a healthy breakfast and I did clean out that candy!
Old 04-29-2013, 04:33 PM   #4  
Susan

S/C/G: 200/170/130

Height: 5' 5"

Hi Linda...I recently joined the Forum. My name is Susan and I'm 55. I started my diet 7 weeks ago and have lost 14 lbs so far, which is right on target with my hoped-for 2 lb per week average. I'm really happy, because 7 weeks ago I also quit smoking, and I'm overjoyed to be losing weight at the same time. So far, I've been good...no cheating on my diet, although sometimes the exercise suffers on days I end up having to work more than 12 hours. They're just aren't enough hours in the day!

Today, I had a coffee and protein shake for breakfast; lunch was grilled rosemary chicken with steamed veggies; I had one-third of a power bar as a snack a few minutes ago; and supper will consist of baked salmon, grilled broccoli and a small salad. Believe it or not, I don't normally snack unless I'm dieting, but my son (a personal trainer) told me I should eat something every 3-4 hours (but stop at about 7pm). He said it would keep my metabolism active...he seems to know what he's talking about, so I listen.

As far as exercise, it's raining today, so I won't be going out for my usual power walk. However, I bought a new treadmill on the weekend and the delivery guys are putting it together right now. Once they're finished, I'll be off to try it out! I will also do a 20-minute upper body workout before supper.

Good for you cleaning out the candy!
Tuscany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:13 PM   #5  

Susan, sounds like you are doing so well.
Bar goo, I also wanted to add that I am so iimpressed by your loss do far.
You are both doing a wonderful job.
I stayed within my calorie range today and am happy!
Old 04-29-2013, 07:22 PM   #6  
Susan

Good work on the calories, Linda...how did you fare on the exercise part?

And, yes, bargoo, I didn't notice earlier, but fantastic work on the weight loss to date. How does it feel to be in maintenance?
Old 04-30-2013, 08:04 AM   #7  

Exclamation A good day yesterday, whew!

Yesterday, I was a perfect angel and did well. I hope that today will be similar.
I have to remember that I am human and forgive myself when I fall off the wagon and that will happen from time to time.
Today's goals:
1. eat healthy, plan the meals and make sure you plan a few snacks that are healthy as well. Fruit is my best friend, as are veggies.
2. Work out. It's hard when you are busy to take the time but in the end it makes you more effitient. 1/2 hour of body toning and 1/2 hour on the treadmill. No excuses today as tomorrow I probably will be too busy.
3. grocery shopping is on the list of activities for my day. I have to plan the meals that appeal to me that fall in with my healthy guidelines. I can do this.

What are your goals?

I am enthusiastic as there are some small results. I think I note my belly reducing in size a bit and for that I shall be grateful. I have to try on some old clothing again soon that has not fit in awhile. I can't zip my old jeans and really close them, but the day WILL come when I can do that again.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:06 AM   #8  

Default Exercising

[QUOTE=Tuscany;4723812]Good work on the calories, Linda...how did you fare on the exercise part?

I did pretty well on exercise and plan to do that again today. It is so hard to stay motivated, but I have to. I need to find a way to reward myself for that. But, not with food! Wonder what I should do?
Old 04-30-2013, 09:33 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 221/177/150

Height: 5'6"

Welcome back and great job with sticking to plan. I decided to track my calories the day before and pre measure all my food for the day which is so much easier.
Rose426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:50 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscany View Post
Good work on the calories, Linda...how did you fare on the exercise part?

And, yes, bargoo, I didn't notice earlier, but fantastic work on the weight loss to date. How does it feel to be in maintenance?
It feels great to be in maintenance but I don't take it for granted. It takes work to stay at goal just as it did to lose.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:14 AM   #11  

Good morning.
All went well for me yesterday. Worked out and was on my treadmill for 1/2 hour. Do you all find it difficult to exercise and fit it in to your day?
What do you do to help that situation along?
What things might be difficult for you to work your way through today?
For me, it is a quilting group where there is always FOOD. We work and take a break and food is very much a part of it. I'm bringing my own stuff today in hopes to staying away from the temptations.
Old 05-01-2013, 08:03 AM   #12  
Susan

Morning Linda! I'm glad yesterday went well for you...for me too. Yesterday morning, I did 30 minutes on the treadmill and about 5 minutes on the elliptical (I find that SO much harder than the treadmill). Later in the afternoon, I went for a 2.5km power walk/jog outside. Had hoped to do a workout, but didn't find the time.

And yes, without a doubt, time is my number 1 problem. From Nov to Apr, I typically work anywhere from 70-90 hours per week, which doesn't leave much time for anything other than work and the bare necessities of life. On the plus side, things will start to slow down from now through October, and I will only be working 40-60 hours a week, which is much more manageable.

Today should be a relatively easy day....I hope! Good idea to bring your own food to your quilting group.
Old 05-02-2013, 07:17 AM   #13  

Yesterday, no exercise, but today I have to make that happen. Yesterday was busy and I had an "emergency" doctor's appointment to deal with, but all is well in the end with that and I can still move on and be healthy with my eating and movement.
Life has it's way of getting in the way of your plans at times.
I did so well eating yesterday, I was proud as I was at a meeting in the morning and someone brought in a chocolate cake. I found it was so easy for me to resist it. Usually, I would not have had control. Sometimes certain foods are trigger foods for me and I find "excuses" to eat them. Those excuses are usually "it's a special occasion" or "she made it for us and it's rude to not eat it". But, I did it and I am glad. It is what Weight Watchers used to call a "non scale victory".
Today's goal:
1. eat healthy, stay on track and have lots of fiber
2. take time to exercise in the afternoon
3. go to the fish market and splurge on a beautiful piece of fresh fish to have with asparagus for dinner. : ) We are lucky to have a fish market in our town, the driver (we are in southern NH, right on the MA border) personally drives to Gloucester MA (about an hour away) each morning and buys local fish fresh right off the boats each morning. On your table less than 24 hours after catch.
I hope you all have a wonderful day and stay on track with all your plans. I am so glad to be here and glad to have support.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:31 AM   #14  
Susan

Hi Linda. You and I had a similar day yesterday. I stayed on plan with the food, but fell short on the exercise front. I did manage to get in a 1.5 mile power walk, 10 minutes of weight lifting, and my squats, but I then stubbed my toe and was limping, so that put an end to any exercise. Yesterday it was bright purple and swollen. Today it looks and feels a bit better, not perfect but I can at least walk normally.

I'm now on Day 2 of the Squat Challenge, so I must do 60 squats today, plus my walk, 30 minutes on the treadmill (already done) and whatever else I can stuff in. And today I must call to schedule my pool opening. I can't wait for the weather to warm up so I can go swimming again.

Good for you, saying no to the cake...I know all about those excuses!
Old 05-02-2013, 09:26 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 195/145/145

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscany View Post
From Nov to Apr, I typically work anywhere from 70-90 hours per week, which doesn't leave much time for anything other than work and the bare necessities of life.
Wow! And I thought I was a hard worker. What kind of work do you do?

F.
freelancemomma is offline   Reply With Quote