View Single Post
Old 04-26-2013, 08:02 PM   #62
Ruti

S/C/G: 230/210/150

Height: 5'3"

Hi,

I had to share my new discovery! I've been obsessing over trying to find a suitable, very low fat salad dressing and I hit upon something so good, I would eat it if I wasn't dieting!

I used 1/2 a carton of mori-nu silken tofu (they didn't have light at the store I was at, that would decrease the fat even further), a handful of fresh basil and cilantro, a garlic clove, half a green onion, salt, pepper, and a tablespoon or so of apple cider vinegar or lemon juice, then pureed with an immersion blender (one could use a magic bullet, blender etc...wouldn't recommend a food processor though)

basically this creates a luscious creamy sauce that can be further thinned with water or more acid or used as a dipping sauce, or as a pesto aioli...I made delicious coleslaw with it, and as a mayo type spread for mini turkey sandwiches with the potato rolls!

I am really excited about it! It's all tofu and veg so you can subtract a fraction of an ounce from your protein allotment for the day rather than your use up your precious oil!
Ruti is offline   Reply With Quote