Old 04-26-2013, 09:42 AM   #1  

Smile Just starting-- quesion about HNS flavors

I have just finished up the preconditioning week and week one--- and a few questions:

The HNS's---- they are SO STRONG. I am having a difficult time getting them down because they are so strongly flavored!!! Are there any that are "blander" than others or not as sweet? I have tried grape, pomegranate, mixed berry (not bad), lemon (not bad), and orange. The orange tasted JUST LIKE the orange drink I remember from the glucose test when I was pregnant. wheeee. I need some suggestions.

We went for a meeting last week with others just starting. Are there other meetings like this, or from here on out do we just meet with our representative?

THANK YOU!
tennesseemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:08 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 225.5/179/150

Height: 5'8"

Hi mfirkins and

From my experience, the first meeting where you get your meal plan is a group meeting then from there out you meet one on one with a counselor. At my center, the first couple of times I met with the person that signed me up then they switch up counselors each time I go in so after a while I've seen each of them. I have noticed that each counselor has a different approach and different goal encouragement, such as one focuses on the amount of water intake and encourages upping or keeping up drinking the water amount and another one focuses on setting goals then what I want do to treat myself for reaching the goal...etc.

For the HNS's, in the beginning I mixed them with extra water to make them less as strong. One counselor suggested freezing a box of the kiwi-melon so that when I wanted a sweet treat I'd have a frozen HNS popsicle. So I tried it and WHOA it was super sour and strong, I couldn't do it.

It has been recommended to mix them with the flavored water (check your plan for which ones you can have, if you don't know then call your center and they should also be able to tell you where to get it, usually Wal-Mart carries several flavors), I do this for when I make a creamy vanilla shake in the evening sometimes.

A helpful hint that worked for me, read through this forum, they have tons of ideas and recipes that are really good. Glad to see you here and I look forward to hearing about your journey!!
Work In Progress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 03:12 PM   #3  
Living Intuitively

S/C/G: Heavy/Happy/Free

Height: 5'6"

The wildberry can be a bit mild. I agree with adding extra water.
lunarsongbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 06:09 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 189.5 / 145.5 / 140

Height: 5' 4"

I always mixed them in an entire bottle of water, or 16 oz of crystal light.
rwquilts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:16 PM   #5  

I usually mix mine with 3/4 bottle of water. Most of the time, I mix mine into a smoothie for breakfast. I'll do orange HNS with an orange and ice, or pineapple with any fruity HNS. The strawberry banana jell-o actually works perfect in a smoothie since I miss bananas and hate jell-o. Try different combinations of HNS and fruit for a smoothie. The chocolate pudding+ice+coconut extract= Almond Joy smoothie. One of my more recently discovered joys was decaf coffee and the hot chocolate HNS. It's super rich, and I won't use the whole HNS next time, but it's a good extra bit in the morning or evening. Also, the strawberry flavored water from Walmart with a lemon HNS- yum!
grumpygrump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:06 AM   #6  

thank you!
tennesseemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 07:45 PM   #7  

I have used club soda with HNS too, to give it a spritzer soda taste, I like how strong they are, but adding more water helps if you think its too strong
abc12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 07:44 PM   #8  

Green tea cranberry seems to be the least sweet. I, too, use sparkling water (16 oz to dilute).
dkmd27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 10:06 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 236/173/125

Height: 5"3

Maybe you should order health wise drinks
SatinDoll is offline   Reply With Quote