View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013, 08:46 PM   #239
veggiedaze

S/C/G: 113/117/110-120

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernMaven View Post
Xena - moving out of "diet thinking" is hard and something no one does overnight. But skipping meals "because you're afraid of gaining weight" is definitely diet thinking. So even though I realize it's a difficult thing to do, you really need to eat when you're hungry and listen to your body's signals. You can see what the result was when you didn't do that.

Others have given their thoughts on the scale, and I'm glad to see that you've decided to go the app route just to see the overall pattern.

The other day I did weigh for a specific reason, and the number was about where I thought it would be. It didn't affect me in the least. But the next day I put on a belt, one where I went between the first and second hole, never beyond, and to my great surprise I went to the third hole with a little room to spare! That was shocking. I've never been able to get it to the third hole - not even since I bought it a few years ago. What here on 3FC they'd call an NSV (non-scale victory).

The number on the scale - although slightly down from over a month ago (when I last weighed) - would never have indicated that would have happened. That's why scales are so unreliable.
That's so great southernmavin. Congratulations!