PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 04-24-2013, 03:39 PM   #1  

Default Antral Follicle Ultrasound and IVF

I'm not sure this is the forum I should post this but I figured it was the best place.

Have any of you had an Antral Follicle Ultrasound to count the eggs in your ovaries for IVF? I'm a google-aholic and researched a whole bunch before going for my appointment last week. The doctor doing the procedure didn't discuss anything with me but of course I heard what he was telling the nurse. I know it depends on your age and other factors but I'm freaking out that I won't be able to get pregnant. I also have an irregular cycle so I don't even know if it was the right day of the month to be looking.

I have a follow-up appointment on Friday to discuss all the test results (not just the ultrasound) and I'm so paranoid about this. I also googled the test results from all the hormone tests I had done (I get the results online) and just have myself all worked up.

Between my diet issues and IVF issues, I'm making myself crazy(ier). I was just wondering if any of you have been through this ordeal.
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 04:55 PM   #2  
Dukanista

S/C/G: high263/current257/ticker/198

Height: 5'7"

I haven't done it myself but I belong to another online community where a lot of the women have. And the bottom line is that the numbers are information you can use to make decisions but nothing is ever a guarantee when it comes to TTC - but that's for good or for bad.

I've seen women with high FSH and low AFC still conceive and carry a healthy baby. So try to not borrow trouble. The numbers will help your doctors figure out a good protocol for you, but the numbers in and of themselves will not tell you whether you will conceive.

And all the positive thoughts and prayers from so many here are definitely going to count for something!
April Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 05:58 PM   #3  

Thank you for your reply, April!! (And I'm glad to see you here. )

I get so wrapped up in the little details and not grasping the big picture, then get myself all wound up and negative.

My husband said the same as you, it's the whole picture and all of the details. (See, he listens to the doctor when he tells us information. )

I'm trying to keep an open mind about everything but it's just so much information. And then when the doctor's office called this afternoon for me to come in on Friday, I just about freaked out as I wasn't expecting them to see me so soon (but I'm glad they are!). I don't wait very patiently. And it seems like all I do is wait lately, either pound wise or baby wise!

Your message brought me back to reality and both my husband and I thank you so much. He came home just as I was reading it and I think he was happier you talked me down than I was.
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:52 AM   #4  
Dukanista

S/C/G: high263/current257/ticker/198

Height: 5'7"

So glad I could help!

I know way more about TTC and ART than I should as I've been very involved with this other group for many years. So feel free to post or PM if you've got any other questions or just want to vent about it.
April Snow is offline   Reply With Quote