Old 04-24-2013, 10:57 PM   #1  

S/C/G: See ticker

Default Riding Solo

Hey everyone, I am on about week 4 of my 6 week MRC "trail". I have loved the fact that I have lost weight about 14 pounds since April 2nd and 18 inches.

But

I really hate going into the center, doing blood pressure, weighing in and talking about my plan. Including detox I have yet to go off plan and I am not feeling any temptation. I hate to say it but I know that going in talk and the positive reinforcement helps others but it isn't helping me....I am going to stop after my 6 weeks but I am going to buy more shakes when I am about to leave and continue with my plan on my own.

Has anyone here had any success with doing the plan on their own? Anyone feel the way I do?
slick776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:34 PM   #2  
I can do this!

S/C/G: 242.5/137.5/145

Height: 5'3

They will have a different menu for you later on so I wouldn't quit completely. Is there one particular person you are not liking going to that has turned you off? I know I used to hate to go when I got this one girl but she doesn't work there anymore. Talk to your center about how it isn't helping you to come weigh in and maybe you could do it every other week or something. Also, if you need to a boost in metabolism later on they will switch your menu for a bit. I used to not like going in really either, but it was just because I didn't want to talk about the plan. I was doing great and never cheated like you so I felt like there was no need to 'talk' about anything. I loved stepping on the scale and especially the measurements once a month. Later on down the road I realized that I did need them at certain times for questions and I started to go off plan more. I know I couldn't have done it on my own at that point. I also learned throughout the whole process from them. If I wouldn't have had them throughout it and now, I wouldn't have known how to keep the weight off either. That's is what I realized but it is up to you to do whatever you feel is right.
dkdaisybutters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:47 PM   #3  
Living Intuitively

S/C/G: Heavy/Happy/Free

Height: 5'6"

I work with one consultant for my weigh-ins. I like her because she "puts up with me." LOL. I don't track. I don't bring in a food journal. I told her I don't like tracking because it makes me feel like a dieter...and I don't want to be a dieter. I love the accountability of weighing-in, not necessarily the talk.

She doesn't even really ask me about food anymore. (Thank goodness). She asks me about my week and I tell her about my exercise and other things I'm working on regarding wellness.

Regarding flying solo- they cut back your food consumption when you fall below 200 pounds, but you could probably figure that out with looking into your BMR and listening to your hunger signals. Most plans have their foundation in a low-carb ketosis inducing diet. However, I do have to admit that I LOVE their supplements. I don't want to struggle through my weight loss journey, so when I feel like I need a little more support- I'll take a supplement...like to kick my sugar cravings. Although you can buy most of the supplements online- https://weightlossmrc.com/store/prod...style-products
lunarsongbird is offline   Reply With Quote