Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-24-2013, 01:30 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 180/158/135

Height: 5'6"

Default I don't know how many points I used?

I have been on Weight Watchers since February 16th and I love it. I renewed my vows with my hubby back in October 2012 and when I saw those pictures, I knew I had to do something about my weight. I have lost 15 pounds and I generally stick within my dailies and never (or hardly ever) go into my weekly points.
I was able to go to a hockey game last night. My favorite team, the Pittsburgh Penguins were playing! I knew that I was going to have some stadium food, I mean, come on I can't go to a game without getting something! I don't drink so booze wasn't the issue. I had a cheese burger with fresh chips and a couple of seasoned fries. I also had nachos with cheese and jalapeņo. I ALSO had peanut m&m's! I saved 22 points of my dailies to use there and I have no idea how many points I consumed.
I got on the scale and I was up 3 pounds today!! I am freaking out here! I don't want to eat ANY points today! Is that a smart move? Maybe it'll balance out all the junk I ate last night? Please someone, anyone I need some advice!
Prettystarfairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 01:48 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

There is a Weight Watchers section that may be able to help out a little more, but usually you can Google generic nutritional information and guess that way.

You didn't gain 3lbs of fat overnight, but you may have retained water from sodium. Just drink extra water today and continue to eat on plan. Don't starve yourself today. You will recover fine
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 01:52 PM   #3  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchy View Post
There is a Weight Watchers section that may be able to help out a little more, but usually you can Google generic nutritional information and guess that way.

You didn't gain 3lbs of fat overnight, but you may have retained water from sodium. Just drink extra water today and continue to eat on plan. Don't starve yourself today. You will recover fine
This! Especially the 3lb part- sodium from the cheeseburger, fries and nachos along with jalapenos. Don't forget, you still have your weekly points too! I would google all the info and guesstimate the best you can rather than not tracking.

Do not starve yourself, that would be counterproductive. Just eat your points today and drink extra water to flush out the sodium.
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 01:56 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

I found this link that may help too.

Eating at the Stadium
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 02:02 PM   #5  
Starting Over Again

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Height: 5'5"

I did the same thing when I went to a Penguins game back in February. It was the 4th home game, so they gave us vouchers for free food. I ate two things of nachos & cheese and ate a chicken sandwich. The calories were insane.

Look up generic nutrition info for those items. It won't be exact, but it will be close. Your weight gain is likely just water retention from sodium. Don't worry too much. One day won't ruin all your hard work.
Psychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 02:10 PM   #6  

S/C/G: HW~330 CW~291.4 GW~285

Height: 5'4

If you use my fitness pal it also has a lot of information! Don't let one day ruin your whole week.
JustB1027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 02:44 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 180/158/135

Wow! Thanks to all the ladies that replied to my thread! I appreciate the encouragement and advice and resources!! I just joined this site and I have never ever tried anything like this before! I am already receiving help! I tracked as best as I could for yesterday, by looking up general pp values for the stuff I ate and I am flooding my system with water today. I have eaten some fresh fruits and veggies so far today and plan on eating a healthy dinner. I might just stay away from salt for a little bit. ( salt is my kryptonite, I love it and eat it on most stuff) once again, THANKS!
Prettystarfairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 03:42 PM   #8  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Awesome! Glad we were able to help. BTW, !!
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:05 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 250/249/125

Height: 5'3 ish

Those are laden with sodium foods even when not adding in the "eating out" aspect so deffiantly water weight.
Thinforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:30 PM   #10  
Living Intuitively

S/C/G: Heavy/Happy/Free

WW also has a stadium food guide- http://www.weightwatchers.com/util/a...=55491&sc=3030
lunarsongbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:54 PM   #11  
Rachel

S/C/G: 295ish/278.4/145

Height: 5'5"

You said that you usually don't touch your weekly points & I'm guessing that means you probably had a lot of them that the game food could have gone towards. I say stick to your dailies for the rest of the week & you'll be fine. It sounds like you ate some sodium-heavy foods & that can equal water retention which may be why you were up 3lbs today.

Don't sweat it; remember that the whole reason you have weekly points is to have wiggle room, so it's okay if you use them. When I was doing WW, if I didn't know the point value of a food I could make a good guess based on the calories. As I recall, 1 WW Pt+ = 37-44 calories, depending on the food. That tidbit helped me out a lot when I couldn't find readily available point values.

Last edited by Keep Moving Forward; 04-24-2013 at 07:55 PM.
Keep Moving Forward is offline   Reply With Quote