Old 04-22-2013, 11:01 AM   #1  
career counselor a-gogo

S/C/G: HW:~330 325/ticker/145

Height: 5'7

Default Confessions of the frustrated.

So last week I said the 300's were in the rearview mirror but apparently not so much!

It was a little frustrating when my official weigh in on Sunday was 301. It's the first time my weight has been higher on an official weigh in day than the week before.

I didn't log my weight all day and usually I log on and update the April thread right away, even if it makes me late for work or church. I had promised myself I'd update my ticker on Sundays no matter what the scale said. For better or worse!

But then the time came to update it back to a higher weight. I argued with myself. I refused to do it. I found myself not posting even though I read JustB's great news. I admit I felt bad because JustB had passed me (here comes the competition monster) I started thinking about "taking a 3FC break."

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!

That's what I said this morning. I am NOT repeating the bad pattern of 2009.

The scale is up - it's almost assuredly water weight. The truth is the truth. April has been a lot of eating out, guesstimating calories, etc. so I'm not losing like I was. It's simply time to refocus, celebrate everyone else's good work and KEEP GOING!

So I'm keeping going.
rodeogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:09 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 272/226/160

Height: 5'4''

time to refocus! but u also have to remember that the weight on your scale isnt always 100% and also that when this happens to just keep going and not let it bring u down...u got this! keep going and it seems like u see what u are doing wrong so just gotta fix it!

dont stop!!!!!!!! u are closer than you were yesterday!
*hugs*
omgsasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:19 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodeogirl View Post
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!

The scale is up - it's almost assuredly water weight. The truth is the truth. April has been a lot of eating out, guesstimating calories, etc. so I'm not losing like I was. It's simply time to refocus, celebrate everyone else's good work and KEEP GOING!
Rodeogirl, this is so mature in so many ways!!! First, learning from what's happened before. Accepting that you know what probably caused the weight gain. And finally, still being able to celebrate everyone else's good work. Having this attitude will help to make sure that you succeed. And, you're already a success at this. We're all going to have weeks where the numbers aren't where we want them to be. Recommitting the way you are is what's hard to do. Congratulations on facing this head on!
betsy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 02:45 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodeogirl View Post
So last week I said the 300's were in the rearview mirror but apparently not so much!

It was a little frustrating when my official weigh in on Sunday was 301. It's the first time my weight has been higher on an official weigh in day than the week before.

I didn't log my weight all day and usually I log on and update the April thread right away, even if it makes me late for work or church. I had promised myself I'd update my ticker on Sundays no matter what the scale said. For better or worse!

But then the time came to update it back to a higher weight. I argued with myself. I refused to do it. I found myself not posting even though I read JustB's great news. I admit I felt bad because JustB had passed me (here comes the competition monster) I started thinking about "taking a 3FC break."

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!

So I'm keeping going.

There is nothing worse than not getting the scale loss at the moment when you are feeling vulnerable!!!!!!!

I was looking back over my weight log-- trying to figure out what went wrong in the FOUR times I've attempted to reverse my regain since it happened in late 2011. And, sure enough, I noticed that EACH time I had given up (between a few days and 3 weeks) it was after sticking at the same weight for a few days.

I remember that when I was really on a weight loss roll, I could weather the ups and downs. There was a point when I was perfectly on plan, GAINED three pounds and then held onto those three pounds for almost 3 weeks. It was awful. But, back then, I was able to hang on, because I kept telling myself that I just had to be patient.

You are JUST on the brink of getting into the 200s and so I'm sure you are super anxious to hit that milestone. It's the worst possible time to hit a stall or a bounce up. Somehow, waiting for a highly anticipated milestone always seems to take forever!!!

So HANG TIGHT and I'm sure you will get there. A bounce is just a bounce and it has nothing to do with your overall progress.

I think the hardest thing about this whole process is the fear that we will give up before we have anything to show for all of our hard work.

But, we do not have to give up. And as long as you keep going, you will lose weight for sure, even if not today. It is one of the few things in life that is one hundred per cent certain. Stay on plan = lose weight. Sometimes not at the exact pace we want, but the downward progression is inexorable!

You will shed the bounce and you will not be looking at a 3 on that scale soon, and that is a promise!
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 02:51 PM   #5  

Edit to change---sorry, I thought you were looking for more confessions of the frustrated. Sorry about that!

Last edited by elvislover324; 04-22-2013 at 06:44 PM.
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 03:29 PM   #6  
Becoming A Better Me

You/we can do this!
I gained back 8lbs in feb. n mar. and i refuse to change my ticker in that direction too but knew i had to face my being an imperfect human! I restarted april 1st at 202 and this a.m. i weighed in at 195.4! Im almost back to where i was! I only change my ticker on sundays after my "official" weigh in.
I suffer from severe clinical depression and s.a.d. so late winter gets really hard on me and when i hadnt reached what i thought was a "good enough" goal in feb to buy new clothes with our tax return i just gave right in to my dark place and gave up. Well... IM BACK!
We Can Do This! Dont Give Up On YOU!
dangerouscurvesahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 06:11 PM   #7  
career counselor a-gogo

I think the best thing for me is being 100% honest with my official weigh ins. Up, down, the same I have to say where I am and I need to stay here and not dissapear because I'm not perfect.

So just for the record, in case anyone is unclear, I'M NOT PERFECT!

There now I have no reason to not post here.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:50 PM   #8  
Becoming A Better Me

Lol! Good Luck Rodeogirl you got this!
dangerouscurvesahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 01:26 AM   #9  
career counselor a-gogo

Elvis!! You didn't have to change it - I loved your post it hit home with me a lot.

I hadn't commented on it yet and was planning to get to it tonight, lol.
Old 04-23-2013, 04:30 PM   #10  

S/C/G: HW~330 CW~291.4 GW~285

Height: 5'4

I feel bad that my good news came on the same day as your gain. I am sure this is just water and you will have a better week this week. I am glad that you are sticking around. Here is a confession of my own..... I was disappointed last week that you moved on and even though I had a loss I was still in the 300's. We can do this!
JustB1027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 05:14 PM   #11  
career counselor a-gogo

JustB - haha I'm glad we can be honest with each other! And I hope you NEVER feel bad for posting a loss. There is always a large part of me (no pun intended!) that is happy to see my friends succeed. But I have a fear of being left behind. Or feel bad when I'm not doing as well as others.

But really, it's just dumb. We're all going to move at different speeds. We all start at different places.

As long as we don't give up we're gonna be fine!
Old 04-23-2013, 08:41 PM   #12  

S/C/G: HW~330 CW~291.4 GW~285

Height: 5'4

I am the same way!!! I don't understand why I am that way but it is what it is!! I almost put in my post that I didnt want to be left behind but felt stupid for having felt that way!! I am so glad to have the friends I do on here! It makes this etremely difficult road more fun! After all road trips are better with friends!!
JustB1027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:08 AM   #13  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Good for you!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:34 AM   #14  
Kelly

S/C/G: 310.6/239/160

Height: 5'9

Good for you to be honest about what is happening and owning the problem! And I've seen you post such supportive things regarding others successes - I think that means a lot...and I think that says a lot about your character as a person.

I haven't been stuck yet, but I'm only in week three - I promise to post the first time I get stuck or have a gain...because I am sure it will happen at some point.

I know it sounds like I'm just repeating a broken record, but the scale isn't the most important factor in this. I dropped a good chunk of change on a scale and it gives me different weights depending on where it is in the house...so I have to leave it in one spot and try not to move it at all. And there could be all kinds of reasons you had a tiny gain - you could just be retaining water or if you've been exercising a lot maybe some muscle has been replacing the fat.

Best of luck, it looks like you have a lot of people supporting you!
punkrocksong is offline   Reply With Quote