Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 04-22-2013, 11:03 AM   #1  

Height: 5'4"

Default Market Pantry Individual Frozen Veggies

I am way too excited about this so I have to share!

I was shopping at Target and in their frozen food section I found a bag of frozen vegetables, that actually contains six individually sized steam-in-bag vegetables--two each of corn, peas, and broccoli. Perfect for taking to work! I usually eat frozen meals at work but I'm often still hungry, so now I have an easy way to bulk up anything.
Amy8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:43 PM   #2  
Starting Over Again

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Height: 5'5"

Sadly, the Target around here only carries eggs, milk, and butter in its refrigeration section. I would like the little variety like that.
Psychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:30 AM   #3  

Sorry. Ours went through renovations last year to carry more groceries. It's still not as big as a Super Target but it is nice to have more groceries there.
Old 04-23-2013, 11:49 AM   #4  
Starting Over Again

Our town has a Super Walmart, Sam's Club, Aldi, Giant Eagle, Shop'n'Save, and Save-a-Lot, so I doubt our Target will get more groceries. They couldn't compete.
Old 04-23-2013, 10:19 PM   #5  

Ummm.... rather than paying for the individualized packaging you can buy frozen in bulk and put a portion into MW safe container to add in or MW ahead and toss into a ziplock or other container and add in. Perhaps I am missing something?
tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:03 AM   #6  
Starting Over Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy View Post
Ummm.... rather than paying for the individualized packaging you can buy frozen in bulk and put a portion into MW safe container to add in or MW ahead and toss into a ziplock or other container and add in. Perhaps I am missing something?
Its just for convenience's sake. Some people don't have a lot of time to prep or are simply too lazy. I fall into the latter. I wake up at 5am and I'm not a morning person. I like to grab and go.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:27 AM   #7  

Quote:
Ummmm....Yes I think you are missing something. I have three kids, ages 7, 6, and 18 months. I work full time. I spend my weekdays getting the kids to school, getting into work, eating lunch at my desk, picking up the kids, spending the night doing homework, making and cleaning up after dinner, and fighting with the kids about bedtime. I spend my weekends doing laundry, going grocery shopping, and cleaning.

So yeah, I'm willing to pay for a bit of convenience here and there.

I have in fact done what you are suggesting, but as it turns out, I'd rather take that half hour and relax.

Did I post this in the wrong thread or something? I was excited about a food find, I shared. I didn't expect to be shamed over this.

Last edited by Amy8888; 04-25-2013 at 10:32 AM.
Old 04-25-2013, 04:46 PM   #8  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Quote:
It's the same concept as buying dried beans and all that time involved- soaking and cooking vs buying canned pre-cooked beans. All in the sake of convenience due to time constraints and/or laziness (not that I'm calling anyone lazy!)

Amy, I'm sorry you felt shamed and that you felt like you had to explain yourself (you shouldn't!) With your lifestyle, I'd totally do the same thing!
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:58 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

We each need to do what works for us. Underlying Amy's discussion about frozen veggies is the fact that she is increasing her veggie intake which is terrific. It took me a while to figure out that I could add veggies to bulk up my meals.

Whether you package your own food, or buy it ready packaged, the idea of "grab n go" is key to staying on track. IMHO.

Let's keep eating wonderful food!
gailr42 is offline   Reply With Quote