Old 04-22-2013, 06:19 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 205/175/105

Height: 5 foot 1 inch

Default chocolate addiction x.x

i think i am literally addicted to chocolate, anyone else in the same boat?

i had a cupcake earlier, but that was hours ago, and now i can;'t stop thinking about chocolate. this is what's been causing my recent binging, the damn chocolate. and now i have only chocolate chips in the house and it's driving me nuts because they're not that great by themselves and chocolate chip pancakes are a ton of calories. don't know what to do!

also for people who have talked to me, i'm talking to my doctor about my disordered eating in the past and the urges i'm having now. according to others, i am at a massive risk for relapse, and i think i should trust other people's judgement on this.
Alyssa Autopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 06:31 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 232/217/145

Height: 5'6"

I love chocolate and sugar. Sugar is the addiction, it really is. When you eat it - not long after you just crave more. I'm working on avoiding sugar, but I will always love chocolate
chickadee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 06:40 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 320/167/150

Height: 5'5

I know exactly how you feel . I am hopelessly addicted to white chocolate ! any other food i can resist but white chocolate is like my kryptonite, my one dietary weakness ! during easter I ate a 5 pound box of chocolate myself !

Last edited by Nichole2013; 04-22-2013 at 06:41 PM.
Nichole2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:55 PM   #4  
Living Intuitively

S/C/G: Heavy/Happy/Free

Height: 5'6"

I supplement with magnesium and chromium. No more sugar/chocolate cravings for me. Now I control the food....it doesn't control me.
lunarsongbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 01:32 AM   #5  
career counselor a-gogo

S/C/G: HW:~330 325/ticker/145

Height: 5'7

I just got rid of everything in my kitchen that was a problem food - gave it all to family members.

It's easier for me to eat right if it's not in the house at all.
rodeogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 08:23 AM   #6  
Kelly

S/C/G: 310.6/239/160

Height: 5'9

I gutted my kitchen of pretty much all processed foods...and all of the chocolatey sugary goodness. When I was at the grocery store last week my husband picked up some dark chocolate covered soy beans and they are absolutely delicious. I don't know if it's because I'm still in withdrawal, but I ate a handful after my workout last night and it squashed my craving and I didn't feel horrible about it afterwards. Just because we are trying to lose weight doesn't mean we should be deprived of everything for our entire lives...I'm just trying to do things in moderation. But I will admit that chocolate has been the toughest part of this so far.
punkrocksong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 08:41 AM   #7  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

I try not to keep problem foods in the house. Although I do have some nutella hidden on a very tall shelf in the back where I can't see it. I also loved reading Full-Filled it covers binging and I really think some of the strategies in the book can help. See if your local library has it. I got it in the bargain bin at walmart. HOnestly it's one of the best books I've read on weight loss!
Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 09:03 AM   #8  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

I believe that I am addicted to sugar. I can not handle it in "moderation" so I have to remove it from my diet. It took weeks but I am free of those cravings. You may need to go cold turkey to see if you can get the cravings under control.
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 09:18 AM   #9  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

I will echo it's the sugar. Sugar just kills me. If I don't eat it, I am fine. If I do, the beast is out and it is so difficult to get it calmed again.

The main thing that works for me is finding chocolate that doesn't trigger me. Stuff that is sugar free or loaded with protein works. Sugar free pudding/popsicles and protein bars are the main safe foods (although even the popsicles can be dangerous - I can eat too many). They do the job and I don't feel like I could devour the world an hour later.
NotTheCheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:56 PM   #10  

i'm in a pretty irritable mood today as i have no chocolate. now i can't stop chain-smoking and staring at the semi-sweet chocolate chips and the pancake mix xP if i had a ride to a store that accepted food stamps right now, i'd probably buy $20 of chocolate.

i'm afraid of withdrawal symptoms, like the headache i read you can get from sugar withdrawal... my grandmother even said, she doesn't remember a single day where i didn't have at least one piece of chocolate (even when engaging in anorexic and bulimic behaviors i ate a lot of chocolate) a day since i moved in with her... and i moved in just about 7 years ago.
Old 04-25-2013, 03:29 PM   #11  
Rachel

S/C/G: 295ish/278.4/145

Height: 5'5"

I got a good chocolate fix @ breakfast this morning. While my steel cut oats were taking forever to cook, I decided to throw in some unsweetened cocoa powder (along with some coconut sugar) & it was pretty good. No added, refined sugar, just tasty chocolate oatmeal

Also, just wanted to say I'm glad to hear you're talking to your doctor about how you've been feeling. Knowing when to ask for help, and actually asking, can be so hard and I think it takes a lot of courage to do so. I hope everything works out for you.

Last edited by Keep Moving Forward; 04-25-2013 at 03:35 PM.
Keep Moving Forward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 03:35 PM   #12  
F - Yeah, I'm doing this.

S/C/G: 297/*Ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keep Moving Forward View Post
I got a good chocolate fix @ breakfast this morning. While my steel cut oats were taking forever to cook, I decided to throw in some unsweetened cocoa powder (along with some coconut sugar) & it was pretty good. No added, refined sugar, just tasty chocolate oatmeal
That sounds really good!!! I might have to give that a try

I keep a bar of good dark chocolate in the freezer for those unbearable chocolate cravings. The challenge is only having 2 or 3 squares, not the whole thing
Silverfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 03:43 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'5''

Magnesium Magnesium Magnesium!!!

I went on a chocolate bender after Easter. I was a monster. Like 2 large dark chocolate bars per day. Took magnesium and the next day cravings were gone and haven't returned! I take one every night.
Michelle125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 03:52 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keep Moving Forward View Post

Also, just wanted to say I'm glad to hear you're talking to your doctor about how you've been feeling. Knowing when to ask for help, and actually asking, can be so hard and I think it takes a lot of courage to do so. I hope everything works out for you.
yeah i really need to. ive actually stopped weighing myself and counting my calories because im getting obsessed with it in a bad way. if i eat over my daily calories, i get scared i'll gain weight, if i eat too few, im afraid my body will go into starvation mode and i'll gain weight. i'm really not in the position to be dieting without help from a professional.
Old 04-25-2013, 04:47 PM   #15  
Started IP 10/21/15

S/C/G: 243/238.8/170

Height: 5'4"

You may also be addicted to the caffeine in the chocolate, just a thought.

I had to break my sugar addiction, now I don't crave it at all. Someone in the office (out of pure generosity) has been trying to force feed me an ice cream bar all week (saying no would have been an insult). I finally took it home and told my BF it was all his, I had no interest in it.

I understand how hard it is to break addictions!
PreciousMissy is offline   Reply With Quote