Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 04-20-2013, 11:15 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 243/190/150

Height: 4'11

Default 4 days post op - broth question

And finally feeling better. I was able to shower and blow dry my hair. I ended up getting my period, 2nd one since I stopped nursing, so that has added some extra challenges and pain.
I'm really not sure how I'm alive after loosing so much blood and only drinking water and jello lol
Anyway my mom was caring for me but left today, she would make me Lipton soup, the kind in the red box. She would strain it, I enjoyed it. Tonight my husband made me Swanson broth ( it's already in liquid form in a boxy shaped cantanier). It reminded me of raw chicken, I didn't touch it. He said its so much healthier.
What did you all eat/drink on your clear liquid only diet.

Btw- I'm not hungry hungry but really want a burger. Crap
Disneygirl52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:05 AM   #2  
Old Cackler

welcome to the world of head hunger!! yeah,you're not hungry, and you're really not all that interested in food, but you want something in your mouth. It's HARD!!! This is where habits have to start to change.

i got through this with tea. strongly flavored teas I realize that i was using something in my mouth to ground me, and as long as it had flavor, it worked.
now about the brother. your husband is right - the swanson is better for you - it actually as some protein in it. Lipton has salt and lots of chemical flavorings, but no actual protein. See if you can find some bouillion or liquid soup base, but be sure to read the labels - ya gotta have something that has at least a little protein in it.

try mixing a little of the lipton with the swanson. and increase the amount of swanson until you have no lipton in it. OTOH, you might prefer college inn or some other brand.
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 04:04 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 243/190/150

Height: 4'11

You mean like lemon tea or raspberry tea? Brewed cold tea right?
Disneygirl52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 09:12 PM   #4  
Old Cackler

can be hot or cold - whichever you prefer. or room temperature, or a little warm, or a little cool. some of us have issues with very cold stuff, and with very hot stuff. try to be as decaf as possible...
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote