Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 04-19-2013, 02:48 PM   #1  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Question The best tasting Protein Shakes? Egg White Protein?

Hey All,

So I need to find myself a good protein shake. Here is the kicker: I have super sensitive taste buds. I can taste even the slightest fake tasting taste. For example: I can taste Splenda and Stevia a mile a way, hence why protein shakes, because I can taste the artificial sweetner. But here is the other issue: With Whey shakes, I can tend to taste a Whey aftertaste in my mouth..cant explain the exact taste, but its not pleasant.

Because I cant tolerate the taste of Whey, I was thinking of Egg White Protein shake, but I have never tried one. Thoughts? Does it taste like anything?
Also, I want to be able to put it into other things like yogurt or cream soups..
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 04:30 PM   #2  
Old Cackler

not quite sure what to say here. I have yet to find a protein shake that tastes GOOD, but i have found a few that are TOLERABLE. and for that reason, i prefer Syntrax protein - they have some fruity flavors like green apple and peach melba, in addition to the standard chocolate and cappucino flavors.
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 07:37 PM   #3  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Yah i just noticed on Nashua you can order different individual packets of the various protein packets. I am going to try a few different brands and see how it goes..one of the many things to find prior to WLS. I keep hearing that using IsoProtein unflavoured is good for soups and smoothies..but on its own tastes horrible.
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 08:57 AM   #4  
Old Cackler

and you have to careful with heating these proteins. you can stir them into something that's hot, but if you put them on the stove to heat along with the rest of the stuff [like you open a can of soup, pour it into a pan and add the protein then heat in either microwave or on stove], you'll end up with a coagulated mess
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:18 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 237/201/175

Height: 5'9"

I personaly like Ideal Protein shakes
Toolttime is offline   Reply With Quote