South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2013, 06:34 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Wild and Wonderful Weekend - April 20 & 21

Good morning. Here we go. It's Syrup Festival Weekend and I'm going to set up the $$ floats for the Bake and Book sale and take off for the Hall very shortly. Of course it's raining - traditional for Syrup Festival weekend.

Figured out that a fuse was gone on my stove but did get some no-cook stuff done for the Bake & Book Sale. I was there until after 7 last night setting up and will be there by 8 this morning to receive and price yet more baking. For the first time in years, I'm not cooking at the Fair Hall tomorrow where we do the pancake schtick! I will take over the traditional sandwiches by 11 though - when you cook and smell pancakes and sausages for two days, you sure are sick of them by noon on Day 2.

Then I breathe!

What's on your weekend agenda? Please tell me so I can be envious.
Old 04-20-2013, 07:23 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Morning Ruth and all the chicks to come. Sorry I cannot too your weekend. Although I bet I would love the Syrup Festival. Getting my mane tamed today which I desperately need. This afternoon is my GD Communion. I am looking forward to spending time with my BFF and her family. Tomorrow I am summonsed to help my other BF with her garden. Sounds to me like I am cheap help for the day lol. Getting a ride in tomorrow too. Otherwise all quiet on the eastern front. Was GLUED to the news last night.

Oh back to work Monday, I got spoiled being in training and off.

Hope everyone has a great day
Old 04-20-2013, 07:52 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I'll have to arrange to be there one year for the Syrup Festival, Ruth, especially after seeing all the tapped trees and the boiling sheds. Mmmmm, fresh maple syrup! I hope it pulls in a big crowd! $$$$$

We were glued to the TV most of the day and all night last night. Thank God they got him and people can relax a little!

Sometime this morning I'm going to bite the bullet and come out of the Ice Age and get myself a smartphone. Everyone gets so annoyed that I cannot receive or send text on my current cellphone, and I've finally decided to give in. After looking at them yesterday, though, I have to admit that I am a teeny bit excited. Other than that, I'll probably stop for a visit with Dad, and maybe do some puttering in the flower beds if the weather allows. We had some wicked storms last night, and right now it looks iffy.
Old 04-20-2013, 08:21 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

No time but to say hello...work calls and I have my smoothie waiting downstairs.
Linda, I finally got an iphone last fall and absolutely love it. It has helped with business stuff, too.. Yesterday I got my paperwork finished while sitting at the airport waiting for the flight...and checked back in here.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 04-20-2013, 08:31 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!

Ruth - have a great time at the syrup festival today! Glad you got out of panny cake duty, although I do love them .

Jennifer - Enjoy your busy day with friends!!

Cottage - Oooohhhh, maybe I can text you now that I'm off facebook!! I have gotten a bit addicted to texting, it is awfully convenient. I'm pretty frugal though - I have a pay-as-you-go phone.

Debbie - Have a great day!

I just had an almost 1 1/2 hour walk with a pup and a friend today (she showed up today ), which is great my exercise is done. Then off to work, and maybe looking for a pop up after that. I will admit by birthday was yesterday , and I had a lovely dinner of crab legs and spinach strawberry salad. (and bread, but won't discuss that!)

Whoa - gotta get going! Have a great day!
Old 04-20-2013, 08:35 AM   #6  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

I'll probably be glued to the TV again today, since I missed all the action while at work last night. Might take my first walk outside this spring with a neighbor. I work tomorrow afternoon. Other than that, have to get some groceries.

Linda - I LOVE my smartphone and can't believe I went so long without one! There was a bit of a learning curve though.

Have a great weekend.
Old 04-20-2013, 08:50 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning, it is cold but a bright and shiny day here!

Ruth sounds like you have one heck of hectic weekend enjoy

Jennifer enjoy your time with your BFs all of mine live down in Florida so hard to do a weekend jaunt

Cottage I love my iphone and my older kids to not talk they only text so it works out

Debbie have a good day at work

Tywnn belated with you being off facebook, I have not reminder note lol

Karen enjoy your day.

My class finished up last night and I went ahead and scheduled my online exam for last evening. I passed with a good grade so I am happy to get that behind me.

I need to clean the house up and I am busy running dehumidifiers in the basement trying to dry it up from the flash floods we had on Thursday. We were lucky in that alot of the houses in town their basements were flooded, we just got puddles in a few areas and I have everything either off the floor or in rubbermaid totes.

Have a great day everyone
Old 04-20-2013, 09:53 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 5"

Lovely sunshine this morning, although it is a bit cold and VERY windy with gusts in the 25-30 mph range. But from inside the window it makes a pretty picture of blue sky and green grass.
Not much on the agenda today other than the normal Saturday chores: laundry, cleaning, groceries, etc. I never seem to be able to get much done on workdays other than cook and clean up dinner.
I'd love to get out and take I walk but I've been sidelined with a knee sprain the last 2 months. I'm starting to worry I won't be able to work in the garden this season but we'll see.
Hope everyone enjoys their busy Saturday!
Old 04-20-2013, 09:54 AM   #9  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

good morning

Ruth hope you have a good turnout.

Cottage - the smartphone is so addictive.

Debbie - have a good day at work

Twynn - wishing you a healthy and happy year.

Karen - hope the spring walk happens

Pearlrose - congratulations on passing your exam

Jen - enjoy your time with BF. Mine is in Montreal and I seldom see her.

me - nothing exciting here. Woke up to snow on the deck. Got derailed yesterday by my son's birthday. Twynn you share the same day. My son is a very creative person and very good natured and so humble doesn't like the spotlight on him.
take care
Sophie
Old 04-20-2013, 11:14 AM   #10  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning all

Leaving for the cruise in less than a week. I won't make my goal of 215 but may be at 225. I've gone down two total sizes in clothes and can now fit in "regular" sizes. So, mission accomplished

Hope you are all well!!!
Old 04-20-2013, 02:05 PM   #11  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Better late than never and still drinking coffee ! This was my CSA work week. Next year she is going to offer half shares in exchange for 10 mornings. I am so in. It's actually a fun way to spend a couple of hours and I love bartering. My long term goal (should say our long term goal but still adjusting to that concept again) is to cut expenses down enough so that we just work enough to cover our health care and minimal living expenses. I'm aiming for drying, canning, and freezing most of our winter produce stash. If I can trade work for fresh greens and root cellar veggies (just remembered I'll have cold storage of my own next year!) and eggs it's even better One thing that has become very clear to me in the last two years is that I want time to enjoy the things I love way more than I want money and stuff.

Ruth - Maybe I'll put syrup festival on my road trip plan for next year. SOunds like fun for everyone else

Linda - I was never much of a phone user but I absolutely love my smartphone (I have the Samsung galaxy). It really is so convenient. I even use it when I'm birding. I can check updates to local bird lists while I'm there so no more getting home and realizing I missed a great bird everyone else was reporting

Okay, back to preparing to move. this afternoon I'm off to a local farm for raw milk. I bought 2 lbs of fresh spinach this morning and am craving homemade saag paneer. I'm going to make my own paneer
Old 04-21-2013, 07:04 AM   #12  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning. Survived Day 1 of the Syrup Festival. We had masses of baking which is much shrunk but it sure was a long and hard day from 8 until 5 with no break. A good solid night of sleep sure helped.

Aside from the baking, we moved about 1000 books. We used to charge per book but we now just tell people to fill a box or two and make a donation in the big jug. The count last night was $1,576! Obviously that's the way to go. More will move today as will the remains of the baking and preserves.

This morning I am "off" but will take the change floats back to the Town Hall and then make my four loaves of sandwiches for the Fair Hall pancake makers, deliver them and come home!

This afternoon, I am going to Rachel's house to check out her wedding dress. The wedding is early July and she has her dress - ordered online. One problem - she ordered champagne and it's actually butter yellow and not exchangeable. I need to reassure her that it will be OK. Sometimes you need to tell gentle lies but she has orangish-red hair and freckles. If the fabric is OK, I may suggest dying it a pale green. She already has shoes and gloves which are definitely champagne. (I'm doing her flowers which is why I'm involved.)

So - on I go with another busy day. I have piles of leaves on my walk which need to go to the compost. Yesterday they were wet and frozen together but today looks sunny. Maybe after lunch?

On I go - not sure if I need a thumb in the bum or a carrot on a stick this morning. Maybe another coffee will do.
Old 04-21-2013, 07:26 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning Ruth! Wow, awesome count on the book money! Apparently donations IS definately the way to go. You're a sweet friend to help her with the wedding. Two girls at work are getting married (on the same day...great...), and one almost ordered a dress online until we read the reviews. Not good!

Yesterday was good - work went quickly without bad things, and then we drove a couple hours to start scoping out campers. We love tent camping (my daughter actually cries about not going tent camping), but you just can't plan because of weather, you can really only go last minute. LOL...and blizzard tradition is that it ALWAYS downpours as we're breaking down the tent!

OH! We have a name for the pup! (are you reading this Yankee?) Her name is Emma. Full name: Emma M. Blizzard. DO YOU GET IT!!?!? After the last dog being Reesie Pup Blizzard (get it?!?!) we just couldn't help ourselves. She is so, so good. Went with us in the truck to browse, and behaved quite well, esp. for a pup!

Anyone have exciting plans for the day?!
Old 04-21-2013, 07:50 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning Tammy great name and yes I got it, for once I got it lol

Ruth awesome idea for the books. Going to pass along the idea to my mom

CyndiM how long is the growing season for CSA? Here is it May to November and it is really expensive.,Joe and I are thinking about doing it, or making his garden more manageable. I wish I lived closer because I know I would give it the attention it needs. He has yet to build on the property. Money constraints. Hopefully the water and utilities will be in within the next month or so. So much easier setting up a watering system than using the bucket brigade.

Linda I love my iPhone seems like you are loving yours already

Jenne awesome news. The number really doesn't matter. Getting in to "normal" size clothing before the cruise is quite an accomplishment. Congratulations!!

I had a great time yesterday. I did not get home until after midnight! Oh did we laugh!!!! But boy did I overdue it. I did not have cake, pasta or cookies. Probably because I ate everything else in mass quantities. I think I heard the scale cry ouch this morning. lol

Oh well back to being good. Smoothie and coffee, then pre pack my food and work stuff for tomorrow. Then off to Meredith's for digging in the dirt. We are going for a late lunch at our favorite Mexican place. I think I will be having a salad. No real time to ride yesterday or today so I may hit the spin bike before bed. It's been a few weeks since I've been on my "regular" work schedule. I am sure 3:45 is going to hit me hard tomorrow

Have an amazing day
Old 04-21-2013, 07:52 AM   #15  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning It's sort of my day off but you know how that goes Actually I do have to do some work but it will just be phone banking and week prep so I don't need to leave home. I just got back from the farm with my milk. They were all out yesterday afternoon so I went back this morning. Can't beat that for fresh. I'm going to make paneer and yogurt and use the paneer for saag paneer for dinner. I can't wait! Lots of other cooking to do and the every present cleaning/sorting/packing for the move. That should keep me out of trouble.

Twynn - love the name!

Ruth - Wish I could donate my books. I was a serious collector but am now trying to limit myself to kindle for most things. I just have too much stuff!

Cricket says good morning, at least I'm guessing that's not why she's pestering me (it's really because someone had the nerve to give her dog food as if she were a mere dog)

Last edited by CyndiM; 04-21-2013 at 07:57 AM.
Closed Thread