Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2013, 06:55 AM   #1  

Default IP Daily Chat Friday 4/19/2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
and here Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 04-19-2013, 07:06 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Happy Friday!

Carry-over from yesterday...

Sonyasbug: Hang in there, keep doing what you're doing and the scale will eventually move. I hope to encourage you as much as you've encouraged me

Last edited by IdealProteinNewbie; 04-19-2013 at 07:06 AM.
Old 04-19-2013, 07:36 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 197/177/160

Height: 5.6

Good morning all ! We just got ANOTHER foot of snow today Will it ever end .... any way wishes everyone a great WI today and a awesome weekend .
Old 04-19-2013, 07:58 AM   #4  

S/C/G: IP 140/115/115

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning All,

Just want to send prayers to all the victims in Boston and Texas!
So sad for all of the families.
Hope they get this guy in Boston, just crazy!!

Ok TGIF!
Stay OP and have a great weekend!

D
Old 04-19-2013, 08:01 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 193/158/140

For those of you who weigh yourselves at home, what do you do when your scale bounces all over the place? I can't get the same reading twice. Maybe the answer is to get a new one!
Old 04-19-2013, 08:08 AM   #6  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

Morning, All -- I seem to need a nice cup of Smooth Move this morning, but I have so many errands to run, I'll have to wait until this afternoon. Some of my errands involve buying all the food for my son's boy scout troop campout this weekend. Oy! How can I have Koolaid and Poptarts in the same cart as my sweet fresh produce and protein bars??? LOL

That said, I'll be home alone all weekend for the first time since starting this program. I used to celebrate these quiet little weekends with all kinds of delicacies for myself -- instead I will stock up on great produce and maybe make some eggplant chips for myself instead.

Have a great day, all!
Old 04-19-2013, 08:09 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 245/204/145

Height: 5'4''

I'm half way through week 4 and have had my ups and downs in how I feel, but yesterday was the first time I had no energy at all and was totally exhausted even after plenty of sleep. I couldn't seem to get my body moving and was also very dizzy in the PM. Salt intake has tended to help with the dizziness but I was just wondering if anyone has positive suggestions to help on total lack of energy days.
Old 04-19-2013, 08:11 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 255/196/180

Good morning! Praying for those in and around Boston, too much crazy in the world these days.

Steph: Have you checked the instructions to re-calibrate your scale?
Old 04-19-2013, 08:23 AM   #9  
Started IP Feb 19, 2013

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanoodle View Post
For those of you who weigh yourselves at home, what do you do when your scale bounces all over the place? I can't get the same reading twice. Maybe the answer is to get a new one!
Make sure to weigh yourself on the same day of the week and at the same time of day. I once read that 9AM was a good time, but I can't remember why. Put your scale in one place and leave it there, moving it around or weighing yourself right after moving messes up the results.
Old 04-19-2013, 08:26 AM   #10  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
I bought a new scale because of my old one did this. I could step on it 3 times, one right after another, and each time it would be a different number. Sometimes it would vary by 2-3 lbs.
Old 04-19-2013, 08:47 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 157/136.5/140

Height: 5 ft 4 in

Good morning everyone, TGIF. Weigh in yesterday and down another 2.8. Officially started phase 2 Thursday. I'm soooo excited to be this close to an end on my IP journey. It has been short so I applaud all of you who have been on this road for a long time. you're successes are amazing. Thank you everyone. I have been lurking daily even if I don't post often and you have been and still are a daily inspiration. I've learned soooo much from these boards, from "tips" to "recipes" to "what to expect".
Old 04-19-2013, 08:54 AM   #12  
IP start: 21 October 2012

S/C/G: 190.6/135.4/140

Such a crazy day! Was out late last night and decided I would work from home this morning. Awoke to multiple texts from friends and family advising me to stay home and not drive in to Cambridge where my office is....turned on the news to more insanity. Terrible that an MIT officer is dead (I work for Genzyme which is right next to MIT) and another transit officer critically injured. But...at least one bombing suspect is dead and can't harm anyone ever again, and the other is on the run but it seems that he will be tracked down. Hopefully he is taken alive and can give us info to help us understand this senseless violence. And then justice will be served.
Old 04-19-2013, 09:05 AM   #13  

S/C/G: IP 140/115/115

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABue1 View Post
Good morning everyone, TGIF. Weigh in yesterday and down another 2.8. Officially started phase 2 Thursday. I'm soooo excited to be this close to an end on my IP journey. It has been short so I applaud all of you who have been on this road for a long time. you're successes are amazing. Thank you everyone. I have been lurking daily even if I don't post often and you have been and still are a daily inspiration. I've learned soooo much from these boards, from "tips" to "recipes" to "what to expect".

CONGRATS!!

I'm almost done with phase 3, start 4 on tuesday, its really the beginning
of the journey! Keeping the weight off and using all that we learn from eachother so we don't go back to bad habits!!

Good luck! Way to go!!!

D
Old 04-19-2013, 09:20 AM   #14  

Height: 5' 7"

After a couple of great WI's over the past few weeks, I have slowed down to a one pound loss for this week. After 11 pounds in 3 weeks I think my body needs to adjust some. The good news is I think it's just water weight because my cloths are fitting looser.
Old 04-19-2013, 09:49 AM   #15  
Started IP 12-26-2012

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Get a new one
Closed Thread