View Single Post
Old 04-18-2013, 11:44 AM   #177
veggiedaze

S/C/G: 113/117/110-120

Height: 5'5"

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/...d-binge-eating

I really enjoyed this article. It is really objective and does not try to prove one way or another. What really caught my attention was the paragraph that states that the perception of deprivation, not neccesarily biological deprivation may be the driving force of bingeing. It rings so true to me because I rejected that restriction was causing my bingeing because I knew I was eating enough and not in a calorie deficit. That was my biggest reason for rejecting the notion that my restrictions had anything to do with the bingeing. Again I will reiterate krampus' notion of psychological starvation.

Also, this paragraph from the article

"It's important, of course, to arrange meals and meal times to avoid becoming ravenous and confusing the appetite. But to avoid "rebound" or "compensation" eating, you'll probably need to do more than that. Perceiving food changes as choices, not forced deprivations, helps. Perceiving yourself as one who can choose, and not one whose diet is dictated by others-doctors, spouses, the culture-helps a lot, too. Extremely important, too, for anyone making dietary changes: separating out hunger that calms frayed nerves from hunger that signals bodily need."

I just love that last sentence where again it touches on being able to see hunger as a positive.

Last edited by veggiedaze : 04-18-2013 at 11:51 AM.