Old 04-17-2013, 11:01 AM   #1  

Default Happier Day Today--Self Made NSVs

I know that NSVs are supposed to just happen but I decided to create some of my own sunshine today!! I'm glad they both worked out or I could have caused my own depression!!

I had a doctor's appointment this morning at 7am (I pick the early appts. on purpose!). The hospital is about an hour away but with traffic, it can take 2+ hours so we leave really early! Alarm went off at 4am, out the door just before 5, to the hospital with time to spare! But I had to fast....so no breakfast or coffee for me. Boo. My husband is so great, he wouldn't eat or drink anything til I could. I felt bad though, he didn't realize I brought my on-plan food since I didn't know how long we'd be in the city.

Sooo...on our way home, I asked him if he wanted to stop at the diner on the way to our house. (He thinks I'm trying to fatten him up since he's been losing weight and I'm catching up to him!) I can't eat at the diner but that's ok, I just wanted coffee. The BRAT called my bluff! He said "You just want to go to the diner to try out the booths!!!" I have such anxiety with this place as the last time I was there, I was with my skinny sister-in-law and I was stuffed in like a sardine. I smiled and said "maybe.......". And then I told him if I didn't fit, he wasn't getting breakfast as we weren't staying!!! NSV time----yayyyyyy!!!! I fit and then some, I exclaimed to him that I was normal!!! And then panic set in. What if we sat in a booth that was "big"? So I played musical chairs and snuck into another one. I swear I wanted to try to sit in every one of them just because I could (even the occupied ones LOL!!). Let me tell you, this was the best cup of coffee I ever had in my life. I told him I wanted to sit there all day long!!

We left there and I told him I wanted to go get a pedicure. The last time I got a pedicure it was so stress inducing. I just felt so large and unbalanced trying to maneuver between the seats and then not breaking my neck trying to maneuver afterwards without falling in the tub, etc. Today's pedicure, SUCCESS!!! I was as mobile and limber as anyone else there!!!

Just felt so good to be normal. I never ever thought I'd get this feeling back. If you haven't ever lived large, you won't understand. But if you have, this feeling is unreal. I am so motivated to make the rest of my life wonderful enough that I get this exhilarating feeling every day of my life. I need to have these feelings overpower the sad and anxious feelings I get sometimes.

So those are my manmade NSVs. I went on a treasure hunt for them and I found a pot of gold. So happy today!!

And I swear I'm not multiple personality after my post the other day. I just needed to post something good today.

Last edited by elvislover324; 04-17-2013 at 11:03 AM.
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:25 AM   #2  

Height: 5"6

Ahahah this is amazing! I am imagining you playing musical chairs secretly in a diner!

These are FABULOUS NSV's and I am so proud of you! And your other post the other day just goes to show us that even strong women like you have their ups and downs! Weight loss is one big personality disorder in itself!

And lastly, your motivation is contagious! I haven't had difficulty fitting into a booth before, but i did need an extender on an airplane last year. They didn't have one and i had to change seats...it was awful. I sometimes worry if I am unwelcome in the 100 club, but there is no "80 lbs to lose" club...but I can still empathize! Thanks for sharing, elvislover. This post was a wonderful start to my day
NorthernChick13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:53 PM   #3  
Downloading 10% complete

S/C/G: 190/188/170

Height: 5'4"

Elvis, that is truly awesome!! I think that stuff's even better than finding new clothes that fit, because it really affects the spontaneous things you can just DO as you go about your business!!

Nice tip on the early doc's appointment, I always pick them in the pm because I get terrible insomnia and don't want to miss the appt, but by the time my doc weighs me at 4pm I've gained 10lbs (inc clothes, of course, lol!), says "no microgynon for you yet!" and sends me packing. Damn!! Next time I'm having a Valium the night before and a 9am appt!!

Sorry, I've totally gone off on a tangent... I bet the way you felt in that diner and pedicurist's (what the? That's not a word... Anyway) was like getting exam results and finding you got A's in everything! You've been working so hard to make your life this much easier, huge congrats!!
the shiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 01:02 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 257/ticker/154

Height: 5'5.5"

I love Elvislover posts!
Congratulations on the booth thing
fadedbluejeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 01:14 PM   #5  
Becoming A Better Me

I love reading your posts and threads as well elvislover! Your just so natural and open and make the things that us on a new lifestyle journey feel "normal". I always catch myself doing little things like the booths and narrow isles and such just to see how i do vs. how i did. Little affirmations seem to go a long way in our brains when we need encouragement. Congrats i so get how you feel!
dangerouscurvesahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 01:16 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernChick13 View Post
Ahahah this is amazing! I am imagining you playing musical chairs secretly in a diner!

These are FABULOUS NSV's and I am so proud of you! And your other post the other day just goes to show us that even strong women like you have their ups and downs! Weight loss is one big personality disorder in itself!

And lastly, your motivation is contagious! I haven't had difficulty fitting into a booth before, but i did need an extender on an airplane last year. They didn't have one and i had to change seats...it was awful. I sometimes worry if I am unwelcome in the 100 club, but there is no "80 lbs to lose" club...but I can still empathize! Thanks for sharing, elvislover. This post was a wonderful start to my day
Awww, thanks NorthernChick!! There is no one unwelcome in the 100 club as far as I'm concerned. Plus I never know where to post my threads, there are so many categories! And seriously, what am I, 5 years old? Like a little kid sneaking around the restaurant? It was so funny and happy as it was my little secret (and my DH of course!). I can't imagine how you felt switching seats. Hopefully we will never ever have to deal with these challenges again. So happy I helped starting your day off wonderfully!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the shiv View Post
Elvis, that is truly awesome!! I think that stuff's even better than finding new clothes that fit, because it really affects the spontaneous things you can just DO as you go about your business!!

Nice tip on the early doc's appointment, I always pick them in the pm because I get terrible insomnia and don't want to miss the appt, but by the time my doc weighs me at 4pm I've gained 10lbs (inc clothes, of course, lol!), says "no microgynon for you yet!" and sends me packing. Damn!! Next time I'm having a Valium the night before and a 9am appt!!

Sorry, I've totally gone off on a tangent... I bet the way you felt in that diner and pedicurist's (what the? That's not a word... Anyway) was like getting exam results and finding you got A's in everything! You've been working so hard to make your life this much easier, huge congrats!!
Exactly, shiv!! I got all As today!! I do the appointments more for the traffic concerns than the weight, traffic stresses me out! When it's a weight concern, I don't eat a morsel even if my appt. is at 4pm (how dumb am I!?!). The girl at the nail salon had no idea what a good day I was having, she must have thought she gave the best pedicure! Well, she did, but it was bittersweet for me. Remembering where I came from and where I'm going!! Thank you for your message, made me so happy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadedbluejeans View Post
I love Elvislover posts!
Congratulations on the booth thing
What a sweety you are, fadedbluejeans!!! I was going to dare ask my husband if he wanted to go back there for lunch just so I could sit in the booth again!! He'd probably laugh and roll his eyes (in a fun way!! He knows I'm obsessed!!)
Old 04-17-2013, 01:19 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerouscurvesahead View Post
I love reading your posts and threads as well elvislover! Your just so natural and open and make the things that us on a new lifestyle journey feel "normal". I always catch myself doing little things like the booths and narrow isles and such just to see how i do vs. how i did. Little affirmations seem to go a long way in our brains when we need encouragement. Congrats i so get how you feel!
Awwwww thank you!!! Sometimes I think I tell you all TMI but then I figure, it's how I am!! And I love reading everyone else's posts about their NSVs and some things I never even thought of until I read someone else's ya know? I totally needed the encouragement today so I'm glad I was brave enough to pursue my thoughts. This whole diner thing has been on my mind for a good month now but I was so scared. Sounds silly when I write it out but it was a huge milestone for me to even try...and then I succeeded!!
Old 04-17-2013, 01:26 PM   #8  
Kelly

S/C/G: 310.6/239/160

Height: 5'9

Talking

Congratulations!!! That's so funny, that's the example I always use - I just want to comfortably fit into restaurant booths again!
punkrocksong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 01:27 PM   #9  
Becoming A Better Me

Lol @ the TMI stuff! Im just ever so glad to see others have the same or similar issues i have or had and that i have someplace i can go for help with my TMIs when i dont feel i can ask someone in my world that i just dont think would even understand or i just cant bring myself to even ask.
I LOVE 3FC and its members and thank God a random search led me here!
dangerouscurvesahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 04:10 PM   #10  
Claim it ,Achieve it!

S/C/G: 212/104.2/120

Height: 5'2"

Elvislover that sounds like a Wonderful self induced NSV...and that is Great

You are making positive "Good" pathways that evoke pleasure !! That is very healthy for your Brain!

People have a multitude of emotions.....That is called being well balanced

In order to experience happiness ...you have to know how disappointment and sadness feels and desire ....recognize and want something better.

We each get to paint our own picture ....mine has a lot of bright happy colors and a few gray clouds....but the Rainbow always comes out....and it sounds like the same for you

Roo2

Last edited by Roo2; 04-17-2013 at 04:11 PM.
Roo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:33 PM   #11  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Good for you! Great NSV's!!!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:35 PM   #12  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

All I can do is for you..... and what fun to try out all the booths LOL that would have been fun to see. (I can't wait to do that)

It is SOOOOOO Good to "hear" you smile I can't wait for the next big grin!
wannaskipandlaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:54 PM   #13  
Rachel

S/C/G: 295ish/278.4/145

Height: 5'5"

Elvis, you always have the best NSVs!

I totally get the booth thing! I haven't been in a restaurant in a while, but I haaaate sitting in tiny booths feeling like my boobs are practically lying on the table. I can't wait to be able to fit properly in them like you can!
Keep Moving Forward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:27 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 265/(ticker)/155

Height: 5'6"

OMG Elvis, reading this post made me think of just one thing- YOU NEED TO GO TO A THEME PARK RIGHT AWAY!

Do you live in Northern California? We could go together and ride all the rides we couldn't' fit on at our heaviest
Underwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:52 AM   #15  

S/C/G: Highest:266/T/Size 8

Height: 5'4

I LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So happy for for you!! I love the thought of you jumping into other people's booths just to say HI I FIT!! Hehehe ;D
SarahFairhope is offline   Reply With Quote