Old 04-16-2013, 02:30 PM   #1  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Default Spoiled!!!

I will admit that I was spoiled rotten last year. The first 2-3 months of my weight loss journey the pounds just melted off! I lost the first 30 with practically no effort, but these last 15 pounds I've had to fight tooth and nail for...

I'm very happy with my diet (the foods I eat daily), the plan I follow (calorie counting) and my workout plan (elliptical daily), I'm just surprised that a pound isn't a pound isn't a pound!

Weight loss is not linear, I get that, that's why I graph my daily weights... But weight loss IS totally mental and mentally it's illogical.

I'm hoping once I get through this decade I get a good two or three month stretch of being spoiled again. But if I don't, I'm still losing 1 pound a week and at this rate I'll be down 29 lbs by my one year anniversary.
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 02:34 PM   #2  
Started IP 10/21/15

S/C/G: 243/238.8/170

Height: 5'4"

I feel the same way! Last time I lost weight it was a steady 2lb a week. Now it's more like an unsteady 4lb a month. I just remind myself that I am much happier with my new plan!

You've done great so far, and I love your attitude about losing 1lb a week. Although not as fast as you wish, it's still coming off!
PreciousMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 02:40 PM   #3  

You are rocking this weightloss thing, sister!!!

The illogical mental part is awful as you know from my posts lately. The only thing really that helps, knowing we are all in this together and we all have the same struggles and stress.

We can do this, seriously. We have all come so far in the last few months, we can't stop now!!!

*hugs*
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 02:43 PM   #4  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvislover324 View Post
You are rocking this weightloss thing, sister!!!

The illogical mental part is awful as you know from my posts lately. The only thing really that helps, knowing we are all in this together and we all have the same struggles and stress.

We can do this, seriously. We have all come so far in the last few months, we can't stop now!!!

*hugs*
Hugs right back at ya chica!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 01:14 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 265/(ticker)/155

Height: 5'6"

I don't know... there is a reason it seems easier to lose weight when you are heavier. Those extra pounds you're carrying burn more calories with the same amount of exercise. Even walking around burns a ton more calories, so you'd have to cut your calorie intake to see the same amount of loss each week as you lose more.

The first 30 lbs for me also flew off. Between 230-205, it was more of a slow loss, but still pretty steady. I plateaued at 205 and actually needed to start a doctor-supervised diet and exercise program to get it started again. Now that I'm on a very low calorie diet, I've got that big calorie deficiency and the weight is coming off at a good speed again.

That's not to say every needs to run off and do a doctor-supervised plan. What I meant to say is that you'll need to make a pretty big change in what you've been doing to see the speedy progress you had at 242 when you are 195!

You can click my goal tracker and see how fast I lost at the beginning compared to the middle and then the plateau and now with my new eating plan.
Underwater is offline   Reply With Quote