Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-16-2013, 10:19 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 213/189/160

Height: 5'9

Default feeling disappointed....

Hello everyone..Well since Jan 2nd I have lost 32 pounds which I am sooo happy about and only have 21lbs more to go until I reach my goal!!!...the thing is, with the warmer weather now slowly approaching, I feel like I could have done so much more better when I look in the mirror I still look and feel fat(well in my eyes) ALL my weight is carried only in my stomach..(ive posted pics before) I have small arms and legs..heck even my bra size is only a b cup *sighs* to be honest I wish there was still another month or two of winter so I can hide under my coat a little longer to get the rest of this weight off..I had even started exercising and was doing it faithfully 6 days a week..then I tore my meniscus in my knee(from exercising) and now have to get surgery to repair it..I swear I cant win for losing grrrrr
whos that girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:29 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 250/245/170

Height: 5" 6'

Stay confident, girl. Be proud that you've lost as much as you have already, because that is truly a feat! 32 pounds is no joke and I bet you look fantastic!! You may be bummed that you didn't reach the full goal, but think about it - would you rather you look the way you do now or when you first began? I bet it's no contest!

I'm sorry to hear about your injury - any possibility you can do some arms and upper body work while you recover? even if you can't, just remember to get right back on track when you're healed. I send lots of love your way and I know that you've still got it in ya!
ImYourCapitan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:20 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 344/311/140

Height: 5'6

32 lbs?? You go girl! That's a great accomplishment whether you have 53 total to lose, or 200 like me (well technically 188 now!) but anyways, be proud of yourself. All bodies lose differently and in your own time. Don't think about what could have been - think about what can be!

Make yourself a realistic timeline of when you want to be down the rest of the weight. Nothing crazy, don't starve yourself and don't overdo it, but you'll get there!
Skettihead03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 12:02 PM   #4  
Downloading 10% complete

S/C/G: 190/188/170

Height: 5'4"

Hey, congrats on the 32lbs! Imagine how you'd be feeling now if you hadn't lost anything. And since you're going to be maintaining for the rest of your life, what's a little more waiting? I think it's true that the real work really begins once you get to maintenance. Maybe you'll start training, maybe adjusting your diet plan, maybe changing it altogether. Let's say it took you another YEAR to get to your goal. Which is unlikely. Even that is minuscule in the grand scheme of things! Concentrate on being proud of how far you've come, and maybe start thinking about the most enjoyable way to do maintenance, because... you're nearly there! If you're not doing so already, maybe now's the time to add in some strength training, can you use a trainer who can help you work around your injury? Weight loss is a relatively big thing to put your body through, so it's normal for your body composition not to have settled down yet. It will, once you're at goal, tweaking your routine to make it fit best into your life will just become the way it is.

You have so much to be proud of! Focus on that
the shiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 12:08 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 247/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4

It's a stride and I think it's something we all have to learn from, being more diligent but you had a wonderful loss and you should be happy and thankful for that! Keep on keeping on!
Thedollylala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 12:09 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 165/132/125 or 115? not sure

Height: 5'4" (on a good-hair day!)

[whos that girl;4708385]Hello everyone..Well since Jan 2nd I have lost 32 lbs ([/QUOTE]

32 lbs since Jan is a LOT! Don't be disappointed, congratulate yourself on not being that original Jan 2 weight - or 30 lbs over that!!!

I get that you are disappointed in the rate, but slow loss is good loss. Hang in there.
Mountain Mamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 12:11 PM   #7  
Krissy Missy

S/C/G: 181/see ticker/120

Height: 5'2"

Congratulations on the 32 pound loss! That's fantastic; you are well on your way.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but be ready for it to get more difficult. The smaller you become, the slower the loss is going to be. You just have to be patient with yourself. Keep making the right choices and the weight will come off. Don't give yourself a deadline. Just let it happen.
Missy Krissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 12:14 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 216/180.6/160

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by whos that girl View Post
Hello everyone..Well since Jan 2nd I have lost 32 pounds which I am sooo happy about and only have 21lbs more to go until I reach my goal!!!...the thing is, with the warmer weather now slowly approaching, I feel like I could have done so much more better when I look in the mirror I still look and feel fat(well in my eyes) ALL my weight is carried only in my stomach..(ive posted pics before) I have small arms and legs..heck even my bra size is only a b cup *sighs* to be honest I wish there was still another month or two of winter so I can hide under my coat a little longer to get the rest of this weight off..I had even started exercising and was doing it faithfully 6 days a week..then I tore my meniscus in my knee(from exercising) and now have to get surgery to repair it..I swear I cant win for losing grrrrr
We're twins! My goal is 160, I weigh 181, I started January 1 and I'm 5'8" like you! Oh, and I also carry weight in my tummy.

I understand how you feel; however, I have been ready for warm weather for quite some time. It provides a bit of motivation which is nice (it makes the committment a bit easier).

I have all of these skinny (skinny for me - size 10) clothes in my closet. I'm just dying to get back into them!! Hold tight, my dear. We'll get there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the shiv View Post
Hey, congrats on the 32lbs! Imagine how you'd be feeling now if you hadn't lost anything...
You have so much to be proud of! Focus on that
Exactly this.

Last edited by Cali Doll; 04-16-2013 at 12:19 PM.
Cali Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 12:24 PM   #9  

S/C/G: RS:164/130/130

Height: 5'3

Firstly, congrats on the loss so far!

With regards to your injury, is there any way you could do something gentle on your joints, such as swimming? I've had a repaired meniscus and cruciate ligament tears on my left knee and have now been diagnosed with another meniscus tear on the same knee. I may not be able to do hundreds of squats or play rugby, but I can definitely do some gentle swimming!

Good luck!
Leaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 01:00 PM   #10  
Finally in control.

S/C/G: 294/236/199

Beating up on yourself for something in the past is a waste of time and energy. Summer's not here yet...it's April! You've done so well, give yourself some credit and keep at it. You'll be at your goal before you know it.
ChickieBoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 01:09 PM   #11  

You are doing awesome, whosthatgirl!!! You are 3/5ths of the way there, more than half with 2 months to go!! You got this!!! And we are here for you every step of the way.

I'm sorry you have to have surgery to fix your knee but you will be back to good very soon. This is the time to concentrate on your calories diligently as ever.

Posting here with your concern is the best thing you could have done. Seriously, you got this.
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 01:32 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/130

Height: 5'1.5"

I agree with everyone, of course, you've one great!

But I also understand the disappointment about not having a skinny summer (though I bet you look a lot better than how you see yourself). You will enjoy a lot of the benefits of losing this summer, though -- first, I'm sure you look great or at least way better, and you probably kinda know that and will enjoy it even if you're not where you ultimately want to be; second, you likely have more energy and zest for life and that will be fun when the weather is beautiful; third, even if you won't feel like you have to hide in your clothes come fall/winter, it'll also be fun to fit into new smaller jeans and other fun clothes that you haven't worn in a while. I live in san diego, where we only get to wear cool weather clothes for a couple of months a year and I am very much looking forward to what they're going to look like for me next fall/winter, by which time I *think* I can probably get down another, hopefully, 20 pounds. It'll make a world of difference in how I look/feel even though that's still around 30 pounds over my goal.

Also, even though weight loss will probably slow some as you get closer, I think each pound will make more of a difference. Like, when you're 200+, five pounds is hardly noticeable, sadly. But from 150 to 145, it would make a big difference.

Another thing -- I can understand having these feelings from time to time. I often feel like "oooooh, I'm so thin now that I've lost this weight, but... d'oh! I'm still fat!" lol And sometimes that realization throws me off for a little while or a day. But in general, if your goal is to lose weight and you are clearly doing well in chipping away at that goal and you're seeing real progress, but feeling bad about it??? I think maybe there're other issues that should be addressed. Maybe you're having a little depression or maybe you're suffering from negative self-imagage or low self-esteme, and you could feel happy with your situation and the way you look if you explore those issues. They may not magically clear up with more weight loss even if you get to goal.
rubidoux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 02:35 PM   #13  
Living Intuitively

S/C/G: Heavy/Happy/Free

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Mamma View Post

32 lbs since Jan is a LOT! Don't be disappointed, congratulate yourself on not being that original Jan 2 weight - or 30 lbs over that!!! I get that you are disappointed in the rate, but slow loss is good loss. Hang in there.
Yeah...I was pretty excited about my 32 pound loss.

Last edited by lunarsongbird; 04-16-2013 at 02:36 PM.
lunarsongbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 02:41 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 211/159/140

I felt fat when I was 115 lbs. Would never wear a skirt because of it. I wore a size 0-2 then. So, you can always be unhappy the way you look and continue wasting your life. Or you can start enjoying working on your body in a responsible manner. Sometimes it just takes time to reach a goal. If you do not enjoy the journey, maybe you will not enjoy reaching your goal either. Life is now, not sometimes in an idealistic future.
Lolo70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 02:46 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 213/189/160

Height: 5'9

Thank you so much everyone for the encouraging words!! and Rubidoux I think you hit the nail on the head...there are other issues, like how my hubby has lost weight and everyone gives him compliments, whereas with me only ONE person has noticed...Im in the process of being diagnosed with MS(multiple sclerosis) I also have degenerative disk disease..and now the bummed knee..AND im fighting with disability! grrr! I didnt expect to lose all the weight by now, but I did expect there to be more of a noticeable difference..maybe I should by some new clothes...that might perk me up..espcially if there in a smaller size *crossing fingers*
As for toning or swimming I will def look into it, as I cannot do anything strenious..believe it or not I torn the meniscus by doing Leslie Sansone walking DVD's LOL
whos that girl is offline   Reply With Quote