South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2013, 05:37 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Monday Murmurings - April 15

I thought about Monday Mutterings but Murmurings sounds more gentle and I need gentle after a slightly stressful weekend. I was just too darned busy all weekend and missed my quiet relaxation time. A very busy week ahead but I am going to schedule in "me" time.

Off to the gym for 7:30 sharp this morning as I have to be in Brockville by 10. When Donna and I drive together, it seems we never get back until after 10 as we always go out for coffee. I can settle for just coffee but Donna doesn't eat breakfast until after gym and sometimes ... I need to pick up some papers for pet therapy and then hit Bulk Barn to stock up on baking supplies for this week's baking frenzy. There is a Mill Board meeting at 1:30 but I did do the Financial Report yesterday and even printed it!

Our weather is actually improving with temps going to 62º today. It's 30º right now so that may be another weatherperson lie. Rain is happening off and on until the weekend when we dip back down to below freezing weather. The birds and plants must be very confused. I am so anxious to get gardening and doing the Village planters.

Better get another coffee and crank up the day. I need to plan the week's menu too so I don't get sucked over to the Dark Side.

On we go with a gentle murmur Monday. That soft sound we hear is plants muttering about the weather.
Old 04-15-2013, 06:45 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Here's wishing you a gentle week, Ruth. What's happening this week to keep you so busy?

I had a wonderful weekend at my DD's, and Carley and I had a blast doing all sorts of fun things while Monica was teaching at her retreat. And Jake had a nice surprise for me when I got home yesterday - he had my new garden shed all finished for me, and even put in shelving and had everything organized and neatly hung up.

Back to work today, and afterwards I have to stop by Dad's to do some paperwork and write some checks for him.

We had a few light sprinkles, but now the sky is clearing and it's looking like a nice Spring week is on tap. I love this time of the year with the trees blooming and everything coming alive again after the long winter.

Have a great day!
Old 04-15-2013, 06:52 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

Mill Bake Sale, Book Sale, Syrup Festival, problems with pet therapy insurance, dentist, Beautification Committee planning, Revenue Canada, quilt finishing deadline, lunch with sister Joan, installation of generator, Church cleanout ... you know, STUFF!

Beam me up, Scottie!
Old 04-15-2013, 06:58 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

OooOOOoooh, Linda, what a great surprise from DH!! I think he and my hubbie need to hang out . Glad to hear you had a good weekend! I, too, am getting sooo excited.....everything is starting to bud out.

Ruth, I hope you get back when you want to this AM , and that you get some "me" time!

Just took the puppy on a walk, which was fabulous, since all the birds were quite happy at the spring morning. I should leave a few minutes earlier so I can go thru the Marsh and come back (I need to be back by 6:45 for DH to go to work). I did get my weight Saturday AM as a "pre" puppy weight. I suspect/hope it will go down since I have a lot more motivation to move!

Just work, errands, kids and puppy today. And, get some more coffee in....
Old 04-15-2013, 07:14 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Another busy week ahead but the weather looks springlike so at least I'll enjoy the scenery and maybe get out for a few walks. I'm already wondering if I get cell service at one of my local walk spots. If i have to be on a call at 4 maybe I can just plug an earbud in and walk while I sort of listen

Ruth - eek, speaking of busy times! Hope you have some breathing breaks in there.

Linda - A garden shed sounds nice. Rumor has it the new greenhouse may have a shed on one end I doubt I'll do much gardening this year between work and moving, maybe just a few beds of the basics - basil, greens, tomatoes , and a bean tepee.

Tammy - Puppytime sounds like a great way to start the week

Now for breakfast and a plan for the week.
Old 04-15-2013, 07:30 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning Ruth your week makes me exhausted...,Linda what a lovely surprise...Tammy puppy is soooo cute glad you enjoy him or her, did you name the cutie pie yet? Cyndi I too try to get work done while working out, but I do prefer to keep that time just for me

Today the car is getting an oil change, tires rotated and a NYS inspection. Then off to ride, hopefully far. New tube for the back wheel and the correct size spare tires in my pack. Better to have learned that lesson close to home and not somewhere on the route to DC. When I get back I plan to make an enormous lol amount of chili and add dirt to the flower beds (well if I am not too exhausted)

Smoothie time, oh how I love my morning smoothie
Old 04-15-2013, 08:14 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Geez Ruth, aren't you retired?

Cyndi - I think the 4 pm ear bud time is a great idea

Jennifer - Enjoy your ride today! It's a girl pup, I liked the name Willow, or maybe Olive. All 4 of us can't agree on one name, hopefully we can agree on one by the end of the year?!
Old 04-15-2013, 08:19 AM   #8  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Twynn - Congrats on the new addition!

Beth - Nice to meet you.

I'm off to the gym. DH finished taxes yesterday so it will be a bit more relaxed around here today. Need to plan food for the week and do some shopping. Think I'll finally try roasting cabbage.

Have a great day.
Old 04-15-2013, 08:29 AM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Thanks for getting us started, Ruth! With the extra work day, I missed my relaxing weekend day, too. I feel it today but am better now that the coffee has kicked in. Great job planning your week's menus!

Linda, wow! What a nice surprise! I really want a garden shed. Enjoy your day...even if it includes work.

Twynn, such a cute pup! What is her breed (mix)? Love it...pre-puppy weight.

Jennifer, hope your bike ride is much smoother today!

Karen, I hope you like the cabbage! It sounds great...I haven't tried it yet.

OK, smoothie and work calls!
Old 04-15-2013, 10:26 AM   #10  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning, getting ready for my class to start, never done a virtual class so hopefully this will go well.

Ruth- yikes that is a too full calender, it might be time for another vacation for you

Cottage- what a lovely surprise

Tywnn- the pup is too cute, hope you all can come to an agreement regarding naming.

Cyndi- that sounds like a great idea

Jennifer- last week I got my oil changed, transmission flushed, new tires and alignment to get ready for summer.

Karen I am sure it is a relief to get the taxes done

Debbie- hopefully you will not so much work this week.

Okay time to dig in and start the study session.

Have a great day everyone
Old 04-15-2013, 04:06 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Tammy I like both names!!! Ride was good. Car has leaky struts and has to spend the night at the dealership. Glad it is under warranty. Driving a cute Jeep Patriot. Poor Coconut is having issues with constipation. Trip to the vet, looks like Colitis. Hope he feels better soon. Poor little guy
Old 04-15-2013, 05:44 PM   #12  

Height: 5' 5"

I'll be the late day poster; I just can't get it together to do it before work.
Busy day here: lots of paper pushing at work (I'm a teacher and grades are due), PT this afternoon, etc. At least we finally seem to be having a little spring! The birds are back and my daffodils are almost 3 inches high. No snow in the forecast this week and I'll just ignore the flakes that were in the air yesterday as they melted when they hit the ground.
OP all day. Just hope I can avoid the dreaded evening snacks.
Old 04-16-2013, 06:08 AM   #13  
Come on Spring!

Beth, being a late day poster is not a problem. Yesterday was actually a pretty nice day - my daffies and tulips are about where yours are. Last year I had bloomage April1! See you later today.
Closed Thread