Old 04-14-2013, 06:40 PM   #1  

Default Need help please

This is week three on Atkins....induction phase still. I have only lost 4.5lbs. I was on Atkins about 10 years ago and lost much quicker. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I'm in ketosis and have been the whole time. I'm eating mostly just meat, eggs, cheese and a few veggies. Im confused as to why I'm not losing. One or two days I had an Atkins bar but I have not cheated at all. I'm 5'2 and 162lbs. Please I need some advice I feel like giving up and trying something else. Also I am on the treadmill walking 1.5 to 2 miles a day. Sample menu: Breakfast: 4 slices of bacon 2 scrambled eggs in olive oil
Lunch: hamburger patty with cheese and bacon lettuce with full fat Ranch. Dinner: shrimp in butter or olive oil sometimes with mushrooms and yellow squash. Usually 3 times a week I was having an Atkins bar as a snack but I can cut that out.......also sometimes I will snack on ham or turkey with avocado. I usually have an avocado a day. Plus lots of water and usually 1-2 packets of crystal light with my water. Any suggestions?

Last edited by Kandyk; 04-14-2013 at 07:37 PM. Reason: More info
Kandyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 04:16 AM   #2  
Enjoying the journey

S/C/G: 225/192/170

Height: 5-5.5

Kandyk I followed Atkins 10 years ago too and the loss is much slower this time around. I think being 10 years older slows everything down!! I'm not an expert but I felt the Atkins shakes stalled me so I cut them out - you may find the same thing with the bars. I'm sticking to whole foods now - nothing processed. I've lost around 21 pounds since the middle of January - my family feels the slower you lose it the slower it is for you to regain. You have lost 1.5 pounds per week which is really great!!
Lulu NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:54 AM   #3  

Thank you!!!! I'm trying to stick with it I'm just getting discouraged. I'll try starting today not to have the bars and see if that makes a difference....I weighed myself this morning and I'm down to 161.8 so almost lost a 1 lb since yesterday))). I really need to stick to this because I'm in my mid 30's now and I need to get a handle of my weight. I really want to be a healthy mom and set a good example for my kids.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:27 AM   #4  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandyk View Post
This is week three on Atkins....induction phase still. I have only lost 4.5lbs. I was on Atkins about 10 years ago and lost much quicker. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I'm in ketosis and have been the whole time. I'm eating mostly just meat, eggs, cheese and a few veggies. Im confused as to why I'm not losing. One or two days I had an Atkins bar but I have not cheated at all. I'm 5'2 and 162lbs. Please I need some advice I feel like giving up and trying something else. Also I am on the treadmill walking 1.5 to 2 miles a day. Sample menu: Breakfast: 4 slices of bacon 2 scrambled eggs in olive oil
Lunch: hamburger patty with cheese and bacon lettuce with full fat Ranch. Dinner: shrimp in butter or olive oil sometimes with mushrooms and yellow squash. Usually 3 times a week I was having an Atkins bar as a snack but I can cut that out.......also sometimes I will snack on ham or turkey with avocado. I usually have an avocado a day. Plus lots of water and usually 1-2 packets of crystal light with my water. Any suggestions?
Hi Kandyk,
The first thing you need to do is ditch the Atkins bars. I know they are marketed as being "appropriate for Induction"....but, the truth is, they aren't. They contain ingredients like Soy, Milk & Peanuts which are not on the acceptable foods list for Induction. For a better understanding, you may want to read the following article:
http://www.phlaunt.com/lowcarb/19059967.php
Also keep in mind, during Induction, 12-15 of your 20 carbs for the day should be coming from veggies & salads on the acceptable foods list.
I would also eliminate the crystal light and drink plain water.
I hope this helps!
All the best to you!!!
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:49 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 196/190/150

Height: 5foot6

I'm really bad about eating the veggies some days my carb count is like 3 othets I might add a salad and it is like 7to 10 at most I drink lots of water and have lost 6 lbs in under a week how do I get the tracker on my page?
raeblount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 06:52 AM   #6  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

Hello raeblount..... GOOD FOR YOU... keep it going

As for the ticker... you need to be a member for at least 30 days and have at least 20 posts..... Once that occurs go up to USERCP and you will see it is alittle different and tells you how to do the ticker

Keep going!!
wannaskipandlaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:05 AM   #7  

Thank all of you so much for all the help. To Jerseygirl I just read the article and I was shocked. I realize now the reason why I lost so quickly 10 years ago is because I didn't eat the bars and strictly followed Atkins 72. I'm excited again to start my induction over and to see if this helps!!!!