Body Image and Issues after Weight Loss Including discussions about excess skin and reconstructive surgery

Old 04-14-2013, 11:35 AM   #1  

Default Arm Flab

Well... I have some issues with my arms... it isn't that they are so bad.. but they are a problem. The thing is... I stopped actively dieting last August and thought they would settle into place.. but unless I am crazy, it is as if the fat that was in the shoulder / upper part has drifted down to the middle of the arm. Making almost all medium size shirts not fit well. Like the arms are a size large.

Has anyone been able to cure their arm flab by lifting weights? And if so... what did you do. I have been using the machines at the gym -- on a less than perfect basis.
AnnRue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 11:40 AM   #2  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

AnnRue... I have just been using those Bungee type elastic cords and doing stretches.... Behind my head and up/ Punches/ Pull aparts / Pull downs / etc and I have lost 2 1/2 inches on my upper arms and the looseness is firming up alittle too. I had terrible upper arm overhand on my elbow and it is slowly retreating.... But someone might have better results with weights. I wish you the results you want!

Last edited by wannaskipandlaugh; 04-14-2013 at 11:40 AM.
wannaskipandlaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 04:33 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannaskipandlaugh View Post
AnnRue... I have just been using those Bungee type elastic cords and doing stretches.... Behind my head and up/ Punches/ Pull aparts / Pull downs / etc and I have lost 2 1/2 inches on my
Where do you get those? Any clue?
Tx.
Old 04-14-2013, 04:57 PM   #4  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

I got mine at Walmart in the sporting goods section,.... They come in a box and are 2 different lengths... I am still using the yellow one which is longer... thus not as much tension... But there is also a blue one and they have handles to hang onto which slides
wannaskipandlaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 05:04 PM   #5  
Joe

S/C/G: 405/249.5/281.5/220

Height: 6' 0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannaskipandlaugh View Post
AnnRue... I have just been using those Bungee type elastic cords and doing stretches....
LOL... when I started reading that you were using bungee cords... and before I finished reading the sentence... I immediately had a mental picture of you solving your arm flab problem by wrapping the bungee cords around your arms to keep the arm flap from hanging!
joefla70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 12:23 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefla70 View Post
LOL... when I started reading that you were using bungee cords... and before I finished reading the sentence... I immediately had a mental picture of you solving your arm flab problem by wrapping the bungee cords around your arms to keep the arm flap from hanging!
If that would work...

BTW I did get them and I am amazed how much my arms are burning. Goes to show you that those weight machines at the gym are not necessarily helpful. Also.. I have trouble getting on the machines but... this I can do easily in like 15 minutes per day.

Tx.
Old 04-27-2013, 01:54 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 211/159/140

Height: 5'4"

I do Jillian Michaels. I have done her 30-day shred, the 90-day body revolution and the No More Trouble Zones programs. It helps build muscle and reduces circumference by burning fat. NMTZ is 50 min, the other programs are under 30-min. You tend to see results quickly. Lifting heavy weights is another option. You may always have some loose skin left, but it looks a lot better when toned
Lolo70 is offline   Reply With Quote