View Single Post
Old 04-14-2013, 02:46 PM   #2
jiffypop
Old Cackler

EVERY surgeon is different. EVERY surgeon has different 'rules.' some surgeons want to shrink the liver if there's a fatty liver - and believe me, your preop diet is PLENTY restrictive and should do the trick. Others may just want their patients to lose as much weight as they possibly can before surgery.

My surgeon just said 'don't gain anything' if you were under 500 pounds, but if you weighed more than that, you had to lose some weight because the table could hold only 500 pounds - counting the assorted equipment that goes onto the table with you [i have no idea what that is - i was mercifully OUT at that point].

wouldn't it be nice to hear that the doc told you to X Y Z because your blood work, your liver, your whatever made it a good idea??? not gonna happen. wish it were different!

start: 506 [Sept 2001]
weight at gastric bypass [Jan 29, 2002]: 409
current weight: 225
weight for plastic surgery: 200
final goal: 180

Posts by members, moderators and admins are not medical advice. See your physician before taking advice found on the internet.
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote