South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2013, 05:59 AM   #1  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Default Weekend Beach Chat, SBD April 13 & 14

Good morning friends I couldn't think of an appropriate "w" word so a boring title for a fun spring weekend. We are off to the ocean, the birds, and walking along the shore. I have so much to do but I can't resist an early spring day and a chance to see wandering birds. Tomorrow I'll pay for it with chores, cooking, work, and the landlord showing the place but today will be all about fun and adventures.

I am finally over that stupid flu and finally back on track. It's going to be a good day

How is your weekend shaping up? Come on in, grab a cup of, and say hello before starting your busy weekend.
Old 04-13-2013, 06:13 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Just grabbed a cup and had to make it the old-fashioned way, alas. The weather yesterday was so horrid I did not get to the store in the next town for more K-cups. The world was just coated with ice by noon with chunks of it falling off the trees in my lane when I got home from the farewell party at 4:30. I parked the car and dashed for the door. I hope the car survived.

We cancelled Book Club last night but will try again tonight. The temps are finally above freezing so the roads should be safe. I have the lake back in the dog yard which delights Jazz but disgusts Disney. She picks her way around it while Jazz just dashes through it. I guess Disney had enough of water during Katrina.

It's first light now and I just checked outside. It seems the ice has all disappeared and my car is still in one piece. I have several huge pine branches in the yard and am sure there will be lots more when I check my fenceline behind the barn. The village will be filled with the buzz of chainsaws later this morning.

NOW could we please have SPRING?
Old 04-13-2013, 06:59 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks! Oh my Ruth, I'm glad I'm living down here right now! Glad everything is okay. Cyndi, have a fabulous time today!

The excitement of (maybe) getting a puppy is making me forget how nasty of a head cold I have. My singing voice is definately toast, and if you've been around me, I'm singing all the time . Today I am off to work, then we drive to Maryland to check out the puppy. She is absolutely freakin' adorable in her pic, and the foster has raving things to say about her (she's interactive but calm and well mannered). BUT, we keep telling ourselves that we don't have to get her, we need to make sure it all clicks before making a 12-15 year commitment. When did getting a rescue get so complicated?!?!

Hope you chicks have a great day ~ I'll let you know how it went tomorrow!!
Old 04-13-2013, 07:04 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Somehow, I've managed to be ready for work early this morning. Start early leave early. Mild weather here....we won't see lilacs blooming until June1, though. Oh, well.

Have a great start to the weekend, beachers!
Old 04-13-2013, 07:05 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I'm glad you're finally feeling better, CINDY, and have a happy day spotting birds at the coast.

RUTH, thank goodness your ice storm is over! Did the rum cake survive?

It rained hard all day yesterday, but the sun is already up and shining in a clear blue sky this morning. Bagels for breakfast and then taking Carley to dance class, and afterwards we're going rollerblading and having a picnic in the park. Later we may go shopping at the mall and get our nails done. I think we' ll both be ready to settle in for a movie before bedtime.

PENMAGE, Congratulations on your new job!
Old 04-13-2013, 08:40 AM   #6  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning. Saw the play Mary Poppins last night with my mom and 2 nephews so am tired today. I head into work late morning and work tomorrow afternoon as well. Then tomorrow night we go to dinner with my book club and all the husbands. Mild weather this weekend then back to winter again
Old 04-13-2013, 09:13 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning, was up and out by 5:30. Drove update to start my bike ride to discover my rear tire leaking Luckily I keep a spare tube in my bike bag, but it was the wrong size (so unprepared) Only discovered after removing the tire. Long story short nothing accomplished and sitting at the bike store hoping they open soon. Today was a busy day planned helping Joe then meeting his DD for dinner. Her BF broke up with get and she is a mess. I guess every girl longs for their daddy when their heart is broken (I try to relate, but not having a father growing up it is tough to do so). This day certainly has gone of course hopefully I can salvage something.....like a nap lol I have my cranky pants on big time today
Old 04-13-2013, 09:29 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

Off with the cranky pants! I had mine on earlier but just heard and saw the loons back and doing their rowdy commute between the Lakes so I know that it is no longer winter.
Old 04-13-2013, 12:55 PM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Still morning here for 6 minutes so Good morning. Got the letter in the mail that all my tests came back with no issues so good to go for another year.

Running errands today and also need to get chores and cleaning done as well.

Have a great day everyone
Old 04-13-2013, 10:23 PM   #10  

I HAVE A NEW DOG!!! Wow, she's amazing! I can't wait to show pictures!
Old 04-13-2013, 11:08 PM   #11  
Come on Spring!

Great news! I can sleep soundly now!
Old 04-14-2013, 06:18 AM   #12  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Had a lovely day at the coast yesterday. There were just enough good looks a birds and eventually the sun came out and we got a nice walk in. Today I will make up for that day off. The landlord is showing the apt. at 11 so lots of cleaning between now and then. I've also got laundry, work, cooking, and I really just need a master moving list so I feel like I have a handle on that. All that should keep me out of trouble!

I stayed on plan all day yesterday and resisted the "special occasion" excuse at the bakery and the coffee shop May not sound like much but after the last few months it's about time!
Old 04-14-2013, 07:05 AM   #13  

LOL, Ruth, you crack me up. Gratefully, I did sleep soundly, the pup slept thru the night! (she's old enough to) They said she was 10 mos...I think she's closer to 7-8 mos old, and right now she's 43 lbs (they said 30-35...whoops!). So, she'll be a lot bigger than I was expecting, but what a SWEET personality!

Cyndi - great job at the bakery - that is a weakness for me!

I just remembered we have a pot luck at church today...whoops. I can throw together some green bean cass (mine doesn't have sugar in it!), but I have no idea for a main dish. Oops.

After - get menus and shopping done for the week, and hopefully a nap!

Ahhh....I was going to attach the photo, but I guess I have to do it thru a website. Hmm....
Old 04-14-2013, 07:09 AM   #14  
Come on Spring!

Busy day ahead, Cyndi, so I'm glad your yesterday was so good. When do you move? In time for gardening, I hope.

Penmage, so glad that job came through. Congratulations!

And Tammy we want PICTURES - at least I do. (I'm such a dog nut.)

Book Club was fun last night. Only one person had finished the book so I didn't feel too badly about being 1/4 through mine. We now have two books to review at our next meeting.

Nothing official on the plan for today but I do need to pay a bunch of Mill bills and cobble together a financial report for tomorrow's Board meeting. I'm going to tackle that this morning so I have my afternoon free for some planning of the busy week. I have to do a baking marathon for a weekend Sale so need to check my supplies.

Happy Sunday, Beachers! maybe with a "high" of 48. I want Spring!
Old 04-14-2013, 07:15 AM   #15  
Come on Spring!

Tammy, we simul-posted. She sure looks like a sweetheart and I'm sure glad she slept through the night. Have you named her yet? (I wonder how long it'll be before you have her running with you.)
Closed Thread