View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 11:40 PM   #14
amandie
You broke the golden rule

S/C/G: HW- 242 SW- 226 Restart SW:180

Height: a little over 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skellig19 View Post
You do not have to give up pizza when you diet and pizza should not be considered junk, just make your own!!

I just calculated my husband's go-to thin crust pizza recipe (with salami and mushrooms), and it came out to about 142 calories a slice. We eat pizza 2x a week... I don't feel gross after eating it and it has so much more flavour....especially if you get a good salami and know how to work with yeast dough. A lot of pizza crust recipes rely on olive oil and salt for flavour when your regular white flour has sugar and flavour in it already, you just have to let the dough "percolate" for a bit to get a great flavour.

End the misiniformation about the greatest meal on planet earth!

/rant
I agree. Not only lower calorie/healthier, it is also a LOT cheaper too what with delivery and tipping!

If any of you are not up to making your own dough- you could always use tortilla wraps, pita bread, flat bread, etc as the crust. This is a recipe I really like if I am not using yeast, although I use white WW flour instead of AP. I would recommend adding oregano/italian seasoning and garlic powder or roasted minced garlic for more flavor since the crust can be bland. My favorite pizza recipe is chicken, onions, spinach and artichokes with my easy alfredo sauce (cream cheese, greek yogurt, roasted garlic, parmesan and black pepper.)

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.- Winston Churchill
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote