Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2013, 06:18 AM   #1  

Default IP Daily Chat Thursday 4/11/2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
and here Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website

Last edited by lisa32989; 04-11-2013 at 06:19 AM.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:16 AM   #2  
Started IP Feb 19, 2013

Height: 5'5"

Early start to the day. Woke up at 3 am and couldn't get back to sleep. A nap is on the agenda today. I am giving my son a ride to work this morning so I am going to go straight to the Market and get so me painting done on a couple furniture pieces I have been working on.

started the Novi Cleanse yesterday. According to instructions this will be a two week program, so I will be done in time for my next WI.

I just realized that I have only been OP for 7 weeks and I averaged a loss of just over 3lbs per week. My goal was to lose 100% of my weight by the official opening of the Artisan Market. I have 18 days and 5 lbs to go.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:52 AM   #3  

S/C/G: IP 140/115/115

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna Gel View Post
Early start to the day. Woke up at 3 am and couldn't get back to sleep. A nap is on the agenda today. I am giving my son a ride to work this morning so I am going to go straight to the Market and get so me painting done on a couple furniture pieces I have been working on.

started the Novi Cleanse yesterday. According to instructions this will be a two week program, so I will be done in time for my next WI.

I just realized that I have only been OP for 7 weeks and I averaged a loss of just over 3lbs per week. My goal was to lose 100% of my weight by the official opening of the Artisan Market. I have 18 days and 5 lbs to go.
Sorry about your interrupted sleep, but congrats on getting to your goals, thats awesome! just love IP!
I'm second day phase 3, still feel like I'm cheating in the morning,LOL!!
But so far so good! Crazy day ahead so planning out my meals and off
for the day!
Hope everyone has a great OP day!
My daffodils are coming up, yayyyy!

D
Old 04-11-2013, 08:17 AM   #4  
IP start date 12/12/12

S/C/G: 197.6/191.8/150

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:

That's so great! You can surely lose 5 lbs in 18 days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRegan View Post
Sorry about your interrupted sleep, but congrats on getting to your goals, thats awesome! just love IP!
for the day!
Hope everyone has a great OP day!
My daffodils are coming up, yayyyy!

D
I am so looking forward to P3 breakfast! I love breakfast!

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Morning all! After being back at the gym for a week and a half, WI today showed me being the same weight, fat % down a bit, muscle % up a bit...but (warning TMI) I am dealing with the big C and TOM today so I am actually happy with the results. I think I am going to see a loss next week! Finally!

At the gym yesterday, the trainer had us doing a workout that included counting and adding up all of the weight we each moved, then multiplying that but the number of reps to get a total amount of weight we moved in an hour...my total was over 9000 lbs!!! It's kind of a wonky equation but it looks pretty impressive!
Old 04-11-2013, 08:34 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 279/223.5/150

Height: 5.5'

WI tonight and from the looks of my scale this morning it looks like I haven't lost any # this week despite being 100% OP. I am retaining a lot of water, my hands feel really puffy. I guess I'll keep drinking tons of water and hope it goes away soon.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 04-11-2013, 08:53 AM   #6  
IP start date 12/12/12

S/C/G: 197.6/191.8/150

Height: 5'5.5"

I have a question...I once posted about nutritional yeast, asking if anyone used it and was promptly told that it was not OP because it wasn't 0/0/0 which I totally agree with but looking at the nutritional facts I thought it was something I might use once in a while just for a change. The overall response was negative. In the meantime, I keep reading about people using veggie cheese shreds...looking at the nutritional facts, it seems to me that this would be a worse choice than the yeast...

Nutritional yeast
Calories 47
Total Fat 1 g
Total Carbs 5 g
Dietary Fiber 4 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 8 g

Veggie shreds
Calories 70
Calories from Fat 40
Total Fat 4.5g 7%
Total Carbohydrate 2g 1%
Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
Sugars 0g
Protein 6g

I'm not trying to stir anything up, I'm just curious as I have seen people on the 100% thread post about using the veggie cheese even though it is clearly not acceptable for P1...
Old 04-11-2013, 09:09 AM   #7  
Reboot Jan 2018

Height: 5'7"

Sorry I can't help you with your question as I don't know anything about nutritional yeast (or veggie shreds for that matter). I've personally stuck with the sheet and haven't looked into changing anything (it's working for me so decided to stick with it).

So one week done on P3 and I've finally become a 'breakfast person' lol. I never liked eating in the morning before but I've gotten used to it and....love it now. One more week of P3 and I'm moving on to maintenance....woot woooot.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:18 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskuby View Post
I have a question...I once posted about nutritional yeast, asking if anyone used it and was promptly told that it was not OP because it wasn't 0/0/0 which I totally agree with but looking at the nutritional facts I thought it was something I might use once in a while just for a change. The overall response was negative. In the meantime, I keep reading about people using veggie cheese shreds...looking at the nutritional facts, it seems to me that this would be a worse choice than the yeast...

I'm not trying to stir anything up, I'm just curious as I have seen people on the 100% thread post about using the veggie cheese even though it is clearly not acceptable for P1...
Here's the deal. People are going to do what they want.
But
If we ask here, the answer will ALWAYS (and should) be whether it is on the P1 sheet or not.
Veggie shreds aren't on the P1 list either so technically not P1 compliant.
People who use them know that. Most folks who are using an occasional off-sheet item are folks who are long-timers. Its different to be on a plan for 2-3 months and be on one for a year!

The reason we need to stay "strict" with answers is because of the plethora of newbies who come in & get so easily confused.

I don't use veggie shreds b/c they are soy. I'm soy/gluten-free for health reasons. I'd actually prefer to be artificial sweetener-free as well but made the choice to use some through my IP time (short-term to long-term goal).

So, I go back to my original statement: people are going to do what they want. To you I say, if you want, experiment and see how it works. But I'd suggest being careful when posting about it & add a disclaimer that it is outside the guidelines of IP to use it and different folks may have varying success rates (or just don't mention it ) As we know, IP can only make claims for their program if people stick to THEIR program.

The 100% thread is a place to have a "safe zone" where people don't discuss their cheats. For some of us who will be OP for a LONG TIME and need to be compliant it is nice to have a place where we can go & know we won't hear about the blatant cheats. I know how to cheat on a diet...I've done it countless times in my life. I love connecting with those who "find a way" and learn to live through "it".
Old 04-11-2013, 09:22 AM   #9  

Quote:

You are SO.CLOSE.
WL slows toward goal for many.
It looks like you're still on track, tho.

I've never lost that fast. I'm a 2/week kinda girl (av 2.25 over my IP time). Just goes to show we all have different metabolic rates. But it's all good! As long as we can refrain from comparisons

Last edited by lisa32989; 04-11-2013 at 09:23 AM.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:56 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 275/269/145

Height: 6'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mother of the Groom View Post
WI tonight and from the looks of my scale this morning it looks like I haven't lost any # this week despite being 100% OP. I am retaining a lot of water, my hands feel really puffy. I guess I'll keep drinking tons of water and hope it goes away soon.

Have a great day everyone.
I hate being puffy. I too suffer from this partly due to my love of salt. Drinking water is the way to go. At least you know it is water weight though. So if your WI is not so great at least you know it's not fat weight. (Looking on the bright side right?)
Old 04-11-2013, 10:00 AM   #11  
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRegan View Post
for the day!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheekyskeeter View Post
So one week done on P3 and I've finally become a 'breakfast person' lol. I never liked eating in the morning before but I've gotten used to it and....love it now. One more week of P3 and I'm moving on to maintenance....woot woooot.
I'm on day 4 of P3 and I'm already wishing it never would end. I really feel like I could eat like this for the long term. Late morning used to always be a hungry period for me, but I'm finding I stay full now until lunchtime, and even then I'm not ravenously hungry! I'm still doing my snack in the mid-afternoon since I don't stay up that late at night, and that seems to be working. I'm also glad to be eliminating soy from my diet after everything I've been reading lately, and it feels good to be getting back to a more balanced diet.

Hang in there everyone. If I can do it, you can, too! And the rewards are so worth it. *You* are worth it.
Old 04-11-2013, 10:33 AM   #12  
Started IP 3/8/2013

S/C/G: 163/146/115

Height: 5'1"

Is there a way to find blogs specifically related to IP? I love Unlimited Lettuce and another blog on alternative product (sorry but I can't remember the name...but it is so helpful). Thank you all for your help!
Old 04-11-2013, 10:37 AM   #13  
Sleeved in Mexico

S/C/G: 250 /170.4 /140

Height: 5'5

I'm on day 2 of Phase 2. Can't wait to go out and eat a steak somewhere and not have a packet. Now I can't wait for phase 3 LOL
Old 04-11-2013, 10:42 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Re: Veggie Shreds...I know that myself, and many others on the 100% thread are only using 1 tablespoon at a time versus the serving size listed on the package.

That brings the calories and fat way down.
Old 04-11-2013, 10:53 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 275/269/145

Height: 6'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskuby View Post

Nutritional yeast
Calories 47
Total Fat 1 g
Total Carbs 5 g
Dietary Fiber 4 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 8 g

Veggie shreds
Calories 70
Calories from Fat 40
Total Fat 4.5g 7%
Total Carbohydrate 2g 1%
Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
Sugars 0g
Protein 6g

I think it stinks that you are worried about stirring up anything just asking a question.

I am familiar with this product as prior to undertaking this diet I have been a been a vegetarian for a few years. It is a great source of vitamin b12 and is complete protein. Many vegetarians use it to supplement their diet and prevent diet deficiencies. I will stir the turd and say that this would be healthier for you than a cheese shred and shouldn't affect your ketosis. If you notice the dietary fiber. This is counted as a carb on labels but is not absorbed by the body and turned into glucose. So the yeast actually has less carbs. Here is a link if you want to see the explanation again.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/35...he-carb-count/

All I can say is that this is used in small amounts as a vitamin, amino acid supplement. As a vegan I made bean, lentil, and veggie soups and would mix this in my bowl prior to serving. I know it can be used a cheese but if you use it that way only use it in small amounts and don't go crazy. I don't use this at the moment because I am eating meat and the organic kind I use is not cheap. To me it is supplement to prevent b12 def. not an cheese substitute.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/35...he-carb-count/

And to those who get upset about going off plan. I don't actually think this would be a 0/0/0 condiment but I don't think this will kick anyone out of ketosis because there is only 1 absorbable carb and actually has 6gm pro.

To those whose undies just bunched up over my last statement: There is a science behind low carb/ketogenic diets. I think most people here are intelligent enough to understand the principles behind this diet and make the occasional food choice that is not approved by the almighty corporate IP gods without hurting their weight loss. Ideal Protein is a business and if they taught you to pick your own foods based on what the label says instead of just telling you you should buy their foods then they wouldn't make money selling you their products.

Also just know we all could lose this weight and be in ketosis without ever drinking protein shakes and just eating regular low carb high protein food. But I'm doing the alt of this IP plan because even though protein shakes are boring and so is the repeatable menu plan, meal replacements take the thinking out of the equation. It also takes a lot of cooking and shopping out of the equations and my protein shakes are a alot cheaper than all of the high protein foods out there. (Even organic cage free eggs in my area are $$$ 5.00/dozen.) Also I still cook vegan for hubby and with this plan I only have to make two different dinners and save left overs.

My point here is that one reason people gain weight back after these diets is that the company encourages the idea that you need their products to do the phase 1. Also they don't teach you all about labels, and low carb diets in any way other than in reference to their diet. We are all smart women and we can think for ourselves without destroying our weight loss success.

And here is the disclaimer: I'm doing organic alternatives. I'M A ROUGE! Bwah hahahahahahah. (There is my evil cackle.)

Have a great day. Hope this helps.
Closed Thread