Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 04-11-2013, 01:21 AM   #1  
:)

S/C/G: 275/268/200

Height: 5'7"

Default Pizza

Warning -this may be TMI but I wanted to talk about this :

I've been eating clean (for the most part) & cutting out all processed junk.. for the past like 3-4 weeks. My mother invited me over to her place this evening and she asked me if i wanted to stay over for dinner. She got some pizza and I decided to stay and have a piece since I haven't had pizza in quite a while. Huge mistake. By the time I got home I ended up in the bathroom on the toilet for 30 minutes.....it was horrible, my stomach did not handle that pizza well at all...probably all the grease etc. Everyone else that ate the pizza hasn't had any issues.
It really made me realize how my body responds to what i'm eating and i need to continue to stay away from that kind of junk.
Have any of you experienced something similar to this?
ataraxia3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 02:57 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 200+/147/140

Height: 5'3

This happens to me too. If i eat really healthy, good foods for a while and then splurge on something really greasy my intestines revolt. Sadly if I start eating a lot of junk food for a while my body gets used to it again.
Coldsoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 03:11 AM   #3  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsoup View Post
This happens to me too. If i eat really healthy, good foods for a while and then splurge on something really greasy my intestines revolt. Sadly if I start eating a lot of junk food for a while my body gets used to it again.
Ditto this for me too! Pizzas from chains tend to cause stomach/bathroom issues for me because of the greasy cheese and other stuff esp pepperoni and sausage, though I have noticed veggie thin-crust pizzas with light cheese and sauce tend to be okay for me as far as stomach issues goes. Not always, though! :/ In a way, I kinda am glad for it because it forces me to be aware and avoid them and others as much as I can, you know?
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 06:50 AM   #4  

I'm too afraid to try it just for that reason. I haven't had anything cheesy, deep fried, alcohol, etc. in about 8 months. My body would be sent into shock now I think! And to think my diet used to be mostly all of the above.

Homemade pizza would probably be best now so you can control the ingredients and quality.

Sorry you got so sick.
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:14 AM   #5  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

I haven't tried the rich foods but I have made the extra effort to ensure that my body will stay in tune with beer. In fact, it's become rather a master at processing the stuff. Jesus turned water into wine. I turn beer into p......

Last edited by IanG; 04-11-2013 at 07:15 AM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:18 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Ian, I love your attitude! May I adopt you? I'm a great grandma but not a great mother.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:47 AM   #7  
Starting Over Again

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Height: 5'5"

I've never been a big fan of fried foods. Usually I get sick every time I eat them. I realized that I've recently developed an issue with sugar as well since I've been trying to avoid extreme amounts of it.

I drank a MD sweet tea last month and felt foggy-headed and sick for hours afterwards. Same thing happened when I have my ONCE A YEAR shamrock shake. And I felt sick after I ate half of a 3 Musketeer bar last week. I don't even crave sweets anymore unless its TOM.

Last edited by Psychic; 04-11-2013 at 09:48 AM.
Psychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:19 AM   #8  
Heading Downtown...

S/C/G: 225/165/165

Height: 5'8"

I'm from nyc... so people here take their pizza here pretty seriously and treat it like a quasi religious experience... so I grew up eating pizza parlor type pizza all the time... I mean we would go grab a "slice" for lunch, after school, before going out, after going out... you name it... pretty much anytime of the day or night since there always seemed to be a pizza place on every block... But now, that stuff just does not do it for anymore... even though I have to admit I still get pretty nostalgic for it when I pass some of the old pizza joints that I used to frequent as a kid in my old neighborhood...

I still have pizza every once in a while now, but I go to places that have wood fired ovens where they make a pie to order right in front of you with what you want on it and everything is fresh... and that doesn't do a number on my stomach... But now as far as my waistline... Well, that's another story...
TripSwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 02:20 PM   #9  

I hardly ever eat deep-fried foods anymore, but last Saturday I just had a little bit of some (only a little bit because it turned out to be horrible) and it gave me problems.

I LOVE pizza, but don't like a lot of cheese on it AT ALL!! I can definitely see how that would cause problems if your body wasn't used to it anymore.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 05:28 PM   #10  
Makin' it happen

S/C/G: 296/198/150

Height: 5'4

I was planning on eating a small piece of a birthday cookie the other night. I literally had to spit it out in the bathroom. It was so sweet it felt like it was burning my mouth/throat. It was insane. I used to could have eaten the entire thing with a gallon of ice cream and caramel syrup on top! I was surprised that I didn't want it!
onagain1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 06:32 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 350/296/125

Height: 177cm

You do not have to give up pizza when you diet and pizza should not be considered junk, just make your own!!

I just calculated my husband's go-to thin crust pizza recipe (with salami and mushrooms), and it came out to about 142 calories a slice. We eat pizza 2x a week... I don't feel gross after eating it and it has so much more flavour....especially if you get a good salami and know how to work with yeast dough. A lot of pizza crust recipes rely on olive oil and salt for flavour when your regular white flour has sugar and flavour in it already, you just have to let the dough "percolate" for a bit to get a great flavour.

End the misiniformation about the greatest meal on planet earth!

/rant

Last edited by Skellig19; 04-11-2013 at 06:33 PM.
Skellig19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:11 PM   #12  

I have to agree, I've had this problem for some time - I do miss the taste, but I just can't eat it. Or I can eat it, I just feel miserable for a day or two afterwards. I can make lower-fat versions, but honestly - I'd just rather have something else!
LoveChocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:31 PM   #13  

I've had that problem with chain pizza's as well, which sucks cause even though they're greasy and awful for you, it's so good! Not worth it though. I've been looking for a healthy alternative, but so far it just hasn't been up to par.
thinkfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:40 PM   #14  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skellig19 View Post
You do not have to give up pizza when you diet and pizza should not be considered junk, just make your own!!

I just calculated my husband's go-to thin crust pizza recipe (with salami and mushrooms), and it came out to about 142 calories a slice. We eat pizza 2x a week... I don't feel gross after eating it and it has so much more flavour....especially if you get a good salami and know how to work with yeast dough. A lot of pizza crust recipes rely on olive oil and salt for flavour when your regular white flour has sugar and flavour in it already, you just have to let the dough "percolate" for a bit to get a great flavour.

End the misiniformation about the greatest meal on planet earth!

/rant
I agree. Not only lower calorie/healthier, it is also a LOT cheaper too what with delivery and tipping!

If any of you are not up to making your own dough- you could always use tortilla wraps, pita bread, flat bread, etc as the crust. This is a recipe I really like if I am not using yeast, although I use white WW flour instead of AP. I would recommend adding oregano/italian seasoning and garlic powder or roasted minced garlic for more flavor since the crust can be bland. My favorite pizza recipe is chicken, onions, spinach and artichokes with my easy alfredo sauce (cream cheese, greek yogurt, roasted garlic, parmesan and black pepper.)
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:43 AM   #15  
:)

S/C/G: 275/268/200

Height: 5'7"

I wasn't saying all pizza is junk, but the one I ate that evening certainly was. I'm just realizing how disgusting fast foods really are, they're toxic. I will definitely be making my own homemade pizza the next time I'm in the mood for pizza Thank you for that recipe amandie. That chicken pizza you just described sounds soo good
ataraxia3 is offline   Reply With Quote