Old 04-10-2013, 03:01 PM   #1  

Cool Question for those of you going "rogue" or using alternative products

I have been reading about a bunch of people who have decided to go "rogue" and purchase another brand of food besides ideal protein. I get that because it is VERY expensive but I am wondering what you will do when you need to get off phase 1? How will you know what to do? I am wondering this because I actually am considering this but very scared about gaining the weight back and I don't know what Phase 2, 3, and 4 consist of.
Amy03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 03:25 PM   #2  
reboot 10/14/2014

S/C/G: 162.7/149.2/125

Height: 5'2"

when you get to the other phases you can just follow the phase sheets that are listed in the sticky thread Plus if you keep up with reading this forum you will have no problem transitioning. Lots of people will help you along!
SaraBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:15 PM   #3  
Kara - Restart 8/23/2013

S/C/G: 277.4/214/160

Height: 5' 3"

My husband has been through the other phases so with his help and the sheets I think I can do it!
Calisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:51 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 186.6/126.8/125

Height: 5'5"

I'm just going to go by the sheets and the wealth of information on this forum. I'm a bit nervous, but I know I can do it. My coach was not all that helpful anyway.
Suchawittygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:23 PM   #5  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

You can do it.

Here's my story. I spent three months on the IP program. I had a very unsupportive coach. Between my coach and the cost of the IP products, I decided I would continue on using alternative products on my own. That was a year ago. I lost 35 pounds in that first 3 months. I finished P1 using alternatives and I lost another 79 pounds. I have phased off and I used the protocol explained on the IP sheets (and the help of this forum) and lost another 3 pounds. I've been maintaining now for just over a month.

NO, I could not have done it without this forum and the wealth of knowledge here. It does take a lot more time than using the IP products. They are all figured out for you. Alternatives, you have to find the equivalents. I spent a lot of time reading old posts, all of the old alternatives posts I could find. I asked questions. I made mistakes and bought products I shouldn't, but it all worked out in the end. If you're persistent, you can do it, but it takes some work.

You'll only gain back if you don't follow the program and go back to habits that got you where you are to start with.

Good luck. I'll be glad to answer any questions.

Molly
WingnutandMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:41 PM   #6  
msg

S/C/G: 199/197/150

Height: 5'11"

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy03 View Post
I have been reading about a bunch of people who have decided to go "rogue" and purchase another brand of food besides ideal protein. I get that because it is VERY expensive but I am wondering what you will do when you need to get off phase 1? How will you know what to do? I am wondering this because I actually am considering this but very scared about gaining the weight back and I don't know what Phase 2, 3, and 4 consist of.
I'm new to 3fatchicks so I might not be doing this right but this link will give the best guide through the phases 1 - 4. Good luck!!! http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique27

Ultimately you need to be able to eat "real food" and not use the packets so this will help you a lot.
msg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:50 PM   #7  
Started IP 1/25/13

S/C/G: started IP @210/194/150

Height: 5"1'

Quote:
Originally Posted by msg View Post
I'm new to 3fatchicks so I might not be doing this right but this link will give the best guide through the phases 1 - 4. Good luck!!! http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique27

Ultimately you need to be able to eat "real food" and not use the packets so this will help you a lot.
I just checked this link and to me it seems to be missing one of the phases, my guess is it's phase 3 that is missing.

I tried to find the links but they are not at the top of the daily thread. I do know I have seen them all here on these forums, just look around.
MntRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:52 PM   #8  

All the new protocol sheets were posted somewhere...I can repost
Edit: I put them in the sticky

Last edited by lisa32989; 04-10-2013 at 10:02 PM.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:20 PM   #9  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

I spent 8 weeks going through an IP clinic, two weeks using a mix of IP and alternative products, and the remaining 19 weeks of phase 1 exclusively on alternative products. I leaned heavily on the folks here and their wealth of knowledge all the way through my weight loss, phase 2-3 and now maintenance for almost 2 months. Molly and I are proof that you CAN do it all on your own.

It's a bit harder because you have to be willing to seek out the information on your own, and be accountable to yourself instead of to a coach. But it can be done successfully!
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 02:30 PM   #10  

Thank you for the information....I want to finish out the month of April with IP and I will see what the month of May holds for me.
Amy03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 03:43 PM   #11  
Started IP 11/28/12

I was on IP products for about 2 months before I went to alternatives just because it's so much cheaper. Though I had a great coach, I felt like I was at the point where I could do this on my own and use alternatives.

There's so much support on this forum and people willing to share information that if you can do it on your own without needing accountability each week, than you can definitely rely on this group to help you along the way.

I'm so grateful for the knowledge of everyone on this board and who give freely to help others.
amberjules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 04:14 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 184/146/130

Height: 5'1"

Anyone here using Premier Protein Bars from Costco? I am sure i have read that they are ok, just checking. They are a little higher in Cals and fat I think, but look acceptable to me. I will repost in the alternatives as well and check the alternatives info as well.
kellycg102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 04:46 PM   #13  
Started IP 11/28/12

I drink the Premier Protein shakes, but have never had the bars. I really like the shakes...very tasty and not watered down.
amberjules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:32 PM   #14  
Getting there!

S/C/G: 198/ticker/158

Height: 5'6

Lisa-- thanks for re-posting IP Protocols all phases. I am really excited to look through as I begin to transition to alternatives shortly.

P.S. posted this also on another thread by mistake, time to go to sleep :-)
workingit50 is offline   Reply With Quote