General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 04-10-2013, 03:30 PM   #1  

S/C/G: tick'

Height: 5'8

Default My "Plan".. thoughts?

I've been on and off the wagon for a while and now I have a particular motivation to get into this full throttle. I've done tons of research on plenty of different diet strategies and found which would best help my new lifestyle change.

I'm 22 years old (23 in the summer), 5'8 and as of this morning, 241 lbs. This is what I'm doing:

Intermittent fasting: "feasting time" between 12 and 8pm. I've had mixed responses from friends I've told and there are always mixed reviews about this plan. Fortunantly, it works for me and is basically how I've been eating ever since I started working full time 3 years ago. The only difference is this time i'm healthy about it AND I can't eat after 8. That part is huge for me.

Calorie Counting: During my feasting time, I'm indulging in 1600 calories from whole, healthy foods. Zero crackers, chips, candy, chocolate, alcohol, pop and any other junk.

Carb "Cautious": In that 1600 calories, I'm trying to stay below 100g of carbs per day, and eating those carbs primarily in the first 2 meals.

I bought a Britta filtered water bottle and LOVE it. I drink a full 20 oz bottle, at least 6 times a day.

Exercise: 30 mins of interval training. 5 minute warm up and cool down, and 20 interval on a stationary bike. That's done 3 days a week (sometimes 4 days). Also walking 3 km 3-4 days a week. Weight training Tues-Friday. Lots of upper body. I'm also doing the 30 day squat challenge.

I make a protein shake with whey protein powder, frozen berry mix and unsweetened almond milk.

Have only been at this hard since the start of the week, but I'm finding it SO easy to stay on track and I feel like this is finally what's going to work for me .

Last edited by Remington90; 04-10-2013 at 03:35 PM.
Remington90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 03:43 PM   #2  
F - Yeah, I'm doing this.

S/C/G: 297/*Ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

If you like it and its working, keep doing it!
Silverfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 04:12 PM   #3  
I can do this

S/C/G: 230/222/175

Height: 5'2"

There are a zillion different ways people lose weight and a zillion more to gain!

If your plan is working for you, then do it. If you find it stops working for you, either because you don't feel good doing it or because you aren't continuing to lose weight on it, then you can start tweaking it.

I think if you do the calorie counting, food choices, and carb restrictions you list with the exercise you list, the intermittent fasting won't matter one way or another--you'll lose weight because of those other things. For some people, I've been told, IF makes it easier for them to do those other things--and far be it from me to argue with something that works for someone! If restricting when you eat makes it easier for you to stay on plan, that's great!

For good friends who question what you're doing, I can tell you what I told people years ago about my carb restricted (CAD) approach. (They were worried about eggs, meat, etc. and I had blood sugar and cholesterol problems) "Right now it's working for me, but if my blood work doesn't come back improved in 3 months, I'll change what I'm doing." It did come back improved--but I regained the weight after quitting the diet at 6 months into it. :-(

For non good friends, I'd be more dismissive, but my good friends truly were concerned, and acknowledging their concern and assuring them I'd make changes if my health didn't improve reassured their loving concern.
bethFromDayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 04:16 PM   #4  

That sounds like a good plan since you said it's good for you! That's one of the most important parts of our individual plans, what works for US.

I'd say try it religiously for the next month or so, maybe keeping a journal of some sort to see how you feel mentally/physically. Maybe take your weight now and some easy measurements so you can track your progress.

Good luck!! And please come back with your results, there is always someone around here looking for guidance on what works for others!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 04:20 PM   #5  

S/C/G: tick'

Height: 5'8

Thanks all ! And I have the 'lose it' app which is my best friend through this.

Thanks for the support. Just the mental standpoint of feelin like this is actually going to work, is awesome.

Elvis- I e always been particularly motivated by you. You seem to have such a strong attitude and yet compassionate with every post. Your weightless ticker is AWESOME.
Remington90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 04:30 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remington90 View Post
Elvis- I e always been particularly motivated by you. You seem to have such a strong attitude and yet compassionate with every post. Your weightless ticker is AWESOME.
omg THANK YOU, Remington! You are so sweet! I try so hard to be strong as I believe a positive attitude can change our whole outlook and success, even when we aren't feeling so happy or strong about something (trust me, I have my cranky and negative moments!!). I try to treat others how I want to be treated. And my ticker, it's the reason I get out of bed every morning!! I want it sliding allllllllllllllllll the way to the right!! And I can't wait to read when it says "Goal Achieved!"!!

Your reply made me so happy, thank you again.
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote