View Single Post
Old 04-10-2013, 09:40 AM   #68
SouthernMaven
Intuitive Eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarantha2 View Post

I love this thread & do not dispute the viewpoints of those who differ from my experience, just sharing another perspective. Not everyone who counts things is miserable.
Thank you for your insightful post, Amarantha! I think it's fantastic that you are able to look upon maintaining your new lifestyle as a hobby and a game, as you stated. Makes it a lot easier, and I envy your ability to do that. In all the years I've struggled with my weight, I've been able to hang in with portion control, counting calories, or whatever I was doing to lose the weight. But the exercise? Man, do I hate it! My late mother (may she rest in peace) used to tease me about how much I hated moving my body. She'd say "The most exercise you get is taking your gym clothes on and off!" And that is true - my loathing of exercise is legendary in my family!

Thank you for sharing your point of view. I loved the last line of your post! That's why I bolded it.

- Rob Stevens, The Overfed Head

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
- Albert Einstein