Announcements and Forum Help! Requests for help, suggestions, and information. Also includes important Forum Announcements.

Old 04-08-2013, 11:59 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/189/140

Height: 5' 5"

Default Why Can't I Search?

I've noticed that I'm no longer able to do "searches" on the 3FC site. For example, if I see that someone has lost a bunch of weight, and I want to read other posts by her, I can no longer "click" on that username and find other posts. I also am not able to use the "search" button for this. What am I doing wrong? Thanks!
OK Lizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:12 PM   #2  
it's always something

When you say you are no longer able to click to find other posts by a user, what happens when you try? Does the link appear in the menu by their username? I tried with yours and I was able to click it and see your posts. Hopefully it was just a temporary snafu, but please let us know what is happening

Btw, there have been some intermittent problems with the search feature that tech has been working on. It could be related.
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 01:10 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 200/189/140

Height: 5' 5"

No, all that happens is a "drop down box" appears -- with nothing on it! This has been occurring on MY end for several months. but since I was OFF your site for a while -- I thought that "search" was deactivated for some reason. I searched the Forum Help thread and never saw anyone else mention this, however. I really enjoy searching for past posts -- and getting encouragement!
OK Lizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:27 PM   #4  
it's always something

I haven't heard of anything like that, I'm sorry. It sounds like a browser error. What browser and version do you use?

In the meantime, you can search for posts by a specific user from the search page at http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/search.php Enter their username in that field, then scroll down and select 'posts' instead of threads before searching. Hopefully that will help
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote