View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013, 06:08 AM   #1
Skettihead03

S/C/G: 344/311/140

Height: 5'6

Default New girl - could really use encouragement

Hi to everyone! I'm brand new to the forum and am really needing some encouragement and motivation.

I'm 23 years old, I'm 5'6, 343 lbs, and have a 57" waist. The weight I knew it was approx. that much - the waist surprised me when I measured it tonight. It's of course a sad and disappointing surprise, but I am going to let it fuel me to do something, not just feel bad for myself.

I have been on and off, on again off again. I have been going through my old record I was keeping and I have 3 different accounts of starting my "diet", recording the weight each week, and having it just end after 3-5 weeks. I can't stick with anything it seems. When I work out I do work out hard... but I guess I burn out shortly after starting. What can I do to stick with the healthy eating and exercise? I know slow and steady wins the race, but I don't want to lose only 1-2 lbs a week! I read that there is no evidence behind the claim that you shouldn't lose more than that. I'm not expecting to lose 10 lbs a week but I think about 4 is reasonable. I want to lose 200 lbs, I'd like to be about 145. I would like to accomplish this in about 12-15 months if possible. If it takes longer that's fine, but that's my general goal.

Anyways I could just really use encouragement, tips, and any insight that can be offered. I plan to start again tomorrow and this time I don't want to ever look back. So please... all help is very appreciated.
Skettihead03 is offline   Reply With Quote