Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 04-04-2013, 07:15 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 153.6/151.2/120

Height: 5'5

Default So out of shape! What are YOU doing today?

I am so out of shape! I'm taking a quick 5-7 minute break in the middle of this Bollywood Dance DVD because I literally am completely pooped halfway through! I WILL get through it though! It's kind of corny, but so far it IS making me workout (at least for a beginner who's out of shape)... I tried to post the link but it won't let me because I'm new. Kind of silly, but hey... if you want you can just look it up on Amazon. What are you doing to get your exercise in today?! I'm hoping cutting calories and working out more often is going to help me out!
ashleyford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:57 AM   #2  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

I try to get to the gym most workdays and sometimes if i'm not too busy with family life on the weekends...I run on the treadmill and right now am working on speed, doing HIIT high speed sprint intervals
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 12:09 PM   #3  

Finished my second week of Couch to 5k this morning!! Will do a 45 minute Leslie Sansone video tonight. She works my tail off!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 12:29 PM   #4  
A determined quirky chick

S/C/G: 265/227/160

Height: 5'8"

Sounds like you're on a roll. Keep it up!

What I am doing is calorie counting, and mainly eating nothing processed; lean meat, fish fillets, fruits, veggies, yogurt, whole grain cereals. For exercise, now that's it's warming up, I am walking about daily; I walk about a mile. I have been using things to motivate myself. I buy nothing to drink other than bottled water, 1% milk, and decaf green tea bags. So I tell myself if I want a small juice, or a 0 calorie vitamin water, I have to walk down and get it (1 mile altogether). I am also trying to cut back on cigarettes and eventually quit altogether, so I never buy large qaunities when shopping; I've been getting them at the quick shop 1 pack at a time, so I have to walk to get another pack. This all helps on days where I don't feel that great and try to get out of it.
Quirky Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 12:54 PM   #5  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Walking. That's all I do. I walk here. I walk there. I walk ******* everywhere!
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 12:55 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quirky Chick View Post
Sounds like you're on a roll. Keep it up!

What I am doing is calorie counting, and mainly eating nothing processed; lean meat, fish fillets, fruits, veggies, yogurt, whole grain cereals. For exercise, now that's it's warming up, I am walking about daily; I walk about a mile. I have been using things to motivate myself. I buy nothing to drink other than bottled water, 1% milk, and decaf green tea bags. So I tell myself if I want a small juice, or a 0 calorie vitamin water, I have to walk down and get it (1 mile altogether). I am also trying to cut back on cigarettes and eventually quit altogether, so I never buy large qaunities when shopping; I've been getting them at the quick shop 1 pack at a time, so I have to walk to get another pack. This all helps on days where I don't feel that great and try to get out of it.
Thanks! I'm trying. I started the 30 day shred and my goal is to currently net 1350 calories or less (my BMR is estimated online to be like 1500) after exercise. I'm doing really awesomely today with only netting 272 so far, so I have room for another snack and a good dinner tonight! I bartend and so does my significant other who I have to pick up after work so I'll be up until 4am... so I want to make sure I don't use all of my calories way early then go over and completely screw myself and be unable to eat the last 5 hours or so.

Sounds like you're making all around healthy choices, which is awesome. I personally can't give up the ciggy's yet... it's where I turn when there's a hunger pang and I know I shouldn't eat. Bad habit I know, but Rome wasn't built in a day, and once I'm at or past my initial GW, I can worry about cutting back again. (I've been down to 5-7 cigs a day for a while anyway from *2 PACKS A DAY* as of 5 years ago... so there have been improvements made!)
Old 04-05-2013, 01:00 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanG View Post
Walking. That's all I do. I walk here. I walk there. I walk ******* everywhere!
I wish me and my man's jobs were within walking distance... Well... Mine is, but his is about 45 minutes or so away, and I go to work after him because we only have one vehicle at the moment. So I am usually way too rushed to come home, park my car, and walk to work between getting our four year old situated and getting him to work and me back here.

I really can't wait until we have separate vehicles again.
Old 04-05-2013, 01:33 PM   #8  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Bollywood dance as in bhangra style dancing with CONSTANT moving of the shoulders?? That's no joke.

I got up and banged out 15 minutes of tabata style HIIT intervals, 5 a few sets of kettlebell split squats and lunges, and 5 minutes of incline treadmill walking/shuffling at 5 mph.

Sitting at a desk from 9-5 and then heading to the YMCA to lift weights and work on pullups and dips. Then stuffing my face with BBQ grilled meats for the first grillout of the season!!!!!!!!!!!!
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote