Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-02-2013, 08:43 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 202/202/150

Height: 5'10"

Smile The LAST First Day!

I just wrote a mile-long blog detailing what got me here today. Feel free to have a read, the link is on my profile. It's long, but I needed a good vent. Haha.

In short, I blacked out today whilst bingeing on Dominos pizza. It was probably one of the lowest points I've had in my life. I lost about a half-hour of my life today and it TERRIFIED ME. So I called my girlfriend and cried. A lot. I went online, researched food addiction, and came to the conclusion that I have been abusing food for quite some time now. After the initial fear and tears, I have a nearly uncontrollable drive to beat this. My father is an addict, as are his brothers and his son, my brother. And I promised myself I would never let my need for something get to the point of addiction. Well food snuck up on me throughout a very difficult five years in college and I gained almost thirty pounds. I graduated a year ago as of May and I can say it's been the most anxiety-ridden, chaotic, depressed year of my life.

I am ready to take control of my life again. I am ready to beat this thing to a darn pulp. I'll be damned if it keeps me down!

But I can't do it alone. I need some friends! I am so ready to support you in return. So feel free to share your story with me and if you are struggling, I'd love to help. We can all do this, I know we can, if we stick together. I hope to lose thirty-forty pounds by August...which will kick off a jam-packed wedding season. And I deserve to be healthy...we all do! LET'S DO THIS!

Stay ferocious!

-klee
kleeinprogress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:27 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Welcome, klee!
penmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 07:43 AM   #3  
Updating my software ;)

S/C/G: KGs: 82 / ?? / 55

Height: 5ft

Determination is good and we are all here to support you when you need it! The good news is, once you get out of school you will realise that people don't really care about how you look I remember walking on eggshells waiting for the next insult while I was at school, but once I left and got a job I wasn't bothered by insults any more.
My advice to you is not to overdo it and go hardcore. Slow and steady wins the race. There are plenty of diet guides on this forum, so you may want to start there.

Good luck!
Rhiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 06:49 PM   #4  

Height: 5'6"

Welcome, kleeinprogress! I wish you the best with your journey to take control. I'm sure it's no biggie, but the link to your blog didn't work for me. Just so you know...
RVAscreenwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 07:11 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 164/--/--

Height: 5'7"

I read your blog. It was very heartfelt. We are all in this together. I will think of you next time i think about binging.
surfergirl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 07:41 PM   #6  

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVAscreenwriter View Post
Welcome, kleeinprogress! I wish you the best with your journey to take control. I'm sure it's no biggie, but the link to your blog didn't work for me. Just so you know...
Thank you! I reentered the link. You can try it again if you'd like :-) Thanks for letting me know!
Old 04-03-2013, 07:43 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfergirl2 View Post
I read your blog. It was very heartfelt. We are all in this together. I will think of you next time i think about binging.
Thanks a lot for reading. Writing really helps. It's nice to know others can relate. We are in this together, and we will get better!!
Old 04-03-2013, 07:47 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhiko View Post

Determination is good and we are all here to support you when you need it! The good news is, once you get out of school you will realise that people don't really care about how you look I remember walking on eggshells waiting for the next insult while I was at school, but once I left and got a job I wasn't bothered by insults any more.
My advice to you is not to overdo it and go hardcore. Slow and steady wins the race. There are plenty of diet guides on this forum, so you may want to start there.

Good luck!
Thanks girl. Trust me, I am the queen of crash diets. I am determined to have a healthy, balanced relationship with food again. Meaning fruits and veggies and lean proteins...all the good stuff and none of the junk! And back to yoga, which I am very excited about :-)

Thank you so much for your support. I may never have seen you or know you at all, but the fact that you responded to this thread makes me believe you are a beautiful person!! So thank you for sharing that with me!!
Old 04-04-2013, 02:09 AM   #9  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Welcome and good luck on your journey!!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 04:53 AM   #10  
Updating my software ;)

S/C/G: KGs: 82 / ?? / 55

Height: 5ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by kleeinprogress View Post
Thank you so much for your support. I may never have seen you or know you at all, but the fact that you responded to this thread makes me believe you are a beautiful person!! So thank you for sharing that with me!!
Thank you back! This is the nicest thing anyone has said to me in ages *sniff*

Unfortunately I couldn't get into your blog. What is it called? I'll see if I can search for it
Rhiko is offline   Reply With Quote