Old 04-03-2013, 08:25 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 260/174/160

Height: 5' 5''

Smile April 2013

Welcome to April, oldies and newbies alike! How did everyone do over the long weekend/Easter? I managed to lose a pound over the three day weekend, woo hoo! I even had a spoonful of my grandmother's turkey and dressing (definitely NOT MRC approved, lol). I just kept telling myself not to take more than one bite...that every bite after the first would taste EXACTLY the same as the first bite, which would be redundant, lol. Overeating really is like any other addiction. You keep doing more and more of it trying to get the same "high" that you got with the first bite. Before I started the program, I just didn't think at all. I just ate. and ate. and ate.
Anyway, hope you all are starting April off with a bang! Let's make it our best month yet. Bathing suit season is just around the corner. The issues and anxiety that go along with that are for a totally different thread, lol!
peg51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 01:20 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/201/160

Height: 5' 7"

Hello Peg

Only lost a half of a pound today but I lost 4 last Friday so I'm happy to take it.

Good for you for having so much willpower on Easter. I did fine at first and then the longer I stayed at the family dinner, the more I kept snacking on chips. Don't care for candy though, so at least I was okay there.

Feeling pretty good about April. The weather is starting to change and that makes me feel optimistic in general.

One of my goals for the month is to start using the recipe book to vary my food choices. It's going to be a long haul and I think some variety will help me.
Dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 05:58 PM   #3  
marcia

S/C/G: 254/233.5/180

Height: 5'5"

I was with grand kids and absolutely could not stay away from the sweets... couldn't resist the chocolate... probably 5-6 pieces of chocolate, a piece of cake, a piece of pie, popcorn, and something else ... lol WHEN I weighed in today at Metabolic, however, I stayed the SAME... SIMPLY because I have been walking and hitting Planet Fitness HARD HARD HARD... I have lost 21 pounds since January 20... but staying the same for the last 2 weeks basically.... and we leave for Mexico vacation April 24.. I am somewhat discouraged, but only myself to blame !!!!! HOW TO RESIST the temptations will always be hard for me.
marciacricket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 07:23 PM   #4  

Hi everyone. I'm kind of a newbie here. I started 3/14 and dropped 8.5 lbs in my first two weeks. I started to plateau when I hit the blue menu, which unfortunately, was right around Easter. I worked out hard that weekend, and allowed myself a small helping of desert. I technically was off plan with lunch, because I had ham and my raw veggies were actually cooked, and probably with some salt and butter. I stayed away from the rolls like a good girl and tried to get my 4/8 oz right.

I went in for my weigh-in Tuesday and was up a pound. Very discouraged, but then my TOM came around the next day, so I'm going to blame it on that. I feel kind of puffy anyway.

So tonight, I'm ignoring the peanut butter and staying on plan. I had "fried" chicken breaded in melba toast and Mrs. Dash, cooked in the 2 Tbsp of oil they said I could have to cook with. I dipped it in my allowable 2 oz of dressing- Walden Farms Caesar, mmmm. My side dish was fake mashed potatoes made with cauliflower. It's not too bad, although the texture is all wrong.

I'm going to a wedding this weekend, which means a rehearsal dinner and a bridal luncheon. I'm trying hard to stay on plan, but this stuff is discouraging and tough.
grumpygrump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:04 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 167/129/125

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpygrump View Post
cooked in the 2 Tbsp of oil they said I could have to cook with.
I admittedly don't know anything about the blue menu(I'm on metabalance, not metaslim), but 2 Tablespoons of oil is A LOT. Like 250 calories a lot. Are you sure it's not supposed to be 2 teaspoons? I've noticed a bunch of typos on MRC handouts and that one could really sabotage folks. Just wanted to mention it so you could check with a counsellor if you wanted.
MrsRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 01:43 PM   #6  

MrsRiker, I checked my sheet and it says teaspoons. I think I misheard. Oh well, I'll fix it next time. I'm not going to beat myself up over trying really hard to stick on plan. I would have used 6tsp and it made two servings, so I only had one extra tsp per serving. I guess its not as bad as I thought, but I won't be doing it again. Thanks for the catch!
grumpygrump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:19 PM   #7  

Height: 5'4"

Hi all, just feeling excited about spring for the first time in a long time. Today is rainy, but there are flowers and new green leaves everywhere. And now that I am finally losing weight I feel so hopeful and am actually looking forward to summer.

Last week I felt like my jeans were too loose, and tried on a smaller pair--they fit and aren't even tight! Dug through my closet and have 5 "new" pairs of pants to wear. I'd better use them too because I have a feeling it won't be that long before they are too big.

I actually lost 2 lbs. over Easter in spite of eating out, had fish and mostly was pretty good. Hard day was when there were cookies around and I gave in. It tasted great, and I stopped myself from binging (well I did have one more)--but all evening was plagued with cravings and it was so hard to stay on program. Those pesky carbs can set me into craving more like you can't believe! Hope I can remember this and avoid those "just one bite" moments.
Monkeysocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:30 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 225.5/179/150

Height: 5'8"

WOW...look at everyone doing amazing! Yay us!!!

I finally got to sign the 30 lbs lost board

The weather here is up and down, rainy then sunny so I've been trying to take advantage of the good times and staying busy outside.

A funny thing happened the other night, I was walking into a store and caught my reflection in the window. My first thought was "Woah, I really have slimmed down!" I know I've lost weight, at 32.5 lbs gone everything is very loose but I see myself in the mirror every day so sometimes I don't recognize the big loss. What an awesome feeling!!
Work In Progress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:44 PM   #9  

Woo! Good work everyone! I am down 10.5 lbs since I started, again. Glad to be back and eating healthy again. Looking forward to April and getting in some exercise. I have some stressful weeks coming up so I could use a good workout. Masters program finals, summer internship search, yard in need of major work and I am itching to spring clean.

Happy And successful April to you all
NotaFatBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:53 PM   #10  

Sorry for the double post but I had a question/statement. I am in love with Cadbury eggs. Seriously my favorite candy since I was a kid. I just love food in general which is why I am here trying to lose weight. Do you think it's bad to reward with food? I bought 10 Cadbury eggs- they're sitting in my deep freezer in the basement. I want to eat 1 every 10 pounds. Do you think that's a bad idea? I feel like its motivating but don't want to enforce bad eating habits.
NotaFatBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:03 PM   #11  
I can do this!

S/C/G: 242.5/137.5/145

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotaFatBride View Post
Sorry for the double post but I had a question/statement. I am in love with Cadbury eggs. Seriously my favorite candy since I was a kid. I just love food in general which is why I am here trying to lose weight. Do you think it's bad to reward with food? I bought 10 Cadbury eggs- they're sitting in my deep freezer in the basement. I want to eat 1 every 10 pounds. Do you think that's a bad idea? I feel like its motivating but don't want to enforce bad eating habits.
In my opinion I don't think you should reward yourself with food because if you do that may become an excuse later on after you loose the weight because you will say I deserve this as a reward for such and such this day or week. Just my opinion but if you think you can be strict about it then it's your choice especially if you don't cheat a lot regularly. You could reward yourself in other non eating ways such as a pedicure or clothes or something like that.
dkdaisybutters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 03:16 PM   #12  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotaFatBride View Post
I know the couple of times I have had just a nibble of something like candy or cookies, it started all the cravings back up and made it so hard to stay OP for the next day or two. I second the suggestion for non-food rewards, I am having my 10 lb. pedicure next week, and thinking about what I want for 20 lbs., maybe a new purse?
Monkeysocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 04:53 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeysocks View Post
I know the couple of times I have had just a nibble of something like candy or cookies, it started all the cravings back up and made it so hard to stay OP for the next day or two. I second the suggestion for non-food rewards, I am having my 10 lb. pedicure next week, and thinking about what I want for 20 lbs., maybe a new purse?
Oh yeah, the first bite is a slippery slope!
Skrytus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:27 PM   #14  

Hello Ladies- pretty excited, i go in tomorrow for weigh in and measuring- my last weigh in on tuesday was 9 lb loss, so i know tomorrow will be over 10, I started HGC on 4/1, after 4 days of pre-conditioning and 2 fat loading days, the weight came mostly off my face and stomach, so already i look different. I know i will lose, and follow the program to a tee, but i'm freaked about maintenance and keeping it off, that's always on my mind- i dont want to give up some of my favorite foods, i just have to learn how and when to eat them. But, i'm encouraged. I have to see loss ongoingly, and that keeps me goin'.
abc12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:55 PM   #15  

These are the guidelines from the moderators of the 3FC website regarding any discussion of the HCG program at MRC. No judgment from me, just FYI.

We do not support HCG injections or drops and plans

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please note that threads discussing HCG injections or drops (they come with a 500 calorie diet plan) may be deleted at moderator discretion. We cannot support this plan here as it is dangerous, extreme, doesn't last, and even the FDA specifically does not allow HCG injections for weight loss.

05-24-2010, 07:04 PM

Suzanne 3FC

it's always something

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The majority of our MRC members understand our policy and also share our concerns about HCG injections and/or drops and we appreciate your support in helping our other members understand as well. We would like to alert our newer MRC members to our policy, and hope you understand that our decision was made after much consideration, research, and discussion within the 3FC team. We do not feel that it is in the best interest of our members health to support HCG discussions. As long as we can keep this in check, we hope our MRC forum will continue to thrive based on a healthy diet and exercise program. If the MRC program itself changes to primarily support HCG injections, we feel it would be in the best interest of the 3FC community to close this forum.

We appreciate your support and understanding
dkmd27 is offline   Reply With Quote