Old 04-03-2013, 02:18 PM   #1  

Default NSVs--Doctor, Husband, Macys!!

Today is turning out so much better than yesterday and my crankypants mood.

I had a doctor's appointment this morning that was supposed to be on the 15th but had to be moved up due to another appointment depending on it's results. So anyway.......I was hoping to be in onederland when I saw my doctor so I could say I went from the 320s to the 190s but that's ok.

Let me tell you, the look on my doctor's face was priceless!!! She was so happy and proud of me that I had turned my life around since I saw her last in July. To put it in perspective, the last time I saw her she gave me a cancer diagnosis and was very concerned about me. Today, it was like I was a new person!! My appointment went awesome, I don't have to see her for a year unless I get pregnant soon (fingers crossed!!) and then she will work with my oncologist to give me the best care ever. I sure do hope I see her again soon! And...she told me I was the most determined patient she's ever had and can't believe what I have accomplished in less than 8 months. She said if I do in fact get pregnant (the odds are against me), my story deserves to be in a medical journal...that's how extraordinary all of this is!! I beamed with excitement! Now I just need this baby in my arms!!

So then I did a little shopping and met my husband for coffee. He was already at Starbucks when I got there. Now remember, he sees me every day...but something must have been different today as he didn't even realize it was me walking in the door!!! Maybe it was the way I did my hair pulled back, I had on sunglasses, a different purse, a new outfit (sweater and skirt with heels--looked professional!), who knows!! I was just happy I looked like someone else out of the corner of his eye, I don't care what the reason it was!!

So lastly....I stopped at Macy's just "to look" on my way home. Who is sporting a pair of size 14W jeans today?!?! ME!!! I don't care if they are vanity sized or not (it's Style & Co brand), it's a freaking 14!!!! I need jeans like a hole in the head but I couldn't put these back on the rack, I needed to have them!!!!!

I'm off to go do my Day 2 Week 2 of C25K, I'm so happy I could skip!!!

And...the scale at the docs said 206 but I won't get into that! I figure it's because I had on real clothes vs. my lighter workout tshirt/pants that I wear at my other doctor's office. I know I couldn't have gained a pound since Monday, I have been perfect on plan.

I am happy today.
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 02:29 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 242/ticker/212

Height: 5'6

Yea!! That all sounds amazing. You've come so far and that deserves to be celebrated.
foreverfaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 02:30 PM   #3  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

Awesome!! Congrats!
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 02:34 PM   #4  
Rachel

S/C/G: 295ish/278.4/145

Height: 5'5"

I'm glad you had such a great appointment! It's always nice when your doctors are so proud of you! Can't wait to read about you in a medical journal
Keep Moving Forward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 02:36 PM   #5  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Absolutely priceless. Well done on a wonderful day.

You'll get a baby one way or the other. Been there. Done that. There are always options. Some not the one you would hope for. But it all ends up good in the end.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 02:44 PM   #6  

S/C/G: Peak 300/Restart 270/Goal 130

Height: 5'4.5'

How wonderful for you! I am so glad that you had a great day!

Days like today refill the motivation and make you even more determined to continue.

I could feel your energy and joy as I read that post! Big hugs for happiness!!

CW - 187.2

Last edited by Kat117; 04-03-2013 at 02:44 PM.
Kat117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 02:59 PM   #7  
There I am!

S/C/G: 279/ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Awww I am so happy for you Elvis, I can feel your smile coming thru your post Congratulations girl, you deserve it!
thnknthin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:13 PM   #8  
Started IP: Nov. 2, 2012

S/C/G: 326/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8''

Love reading your posts! Hope the rest of your week goes just as well!! (That outfit sounded really cute btw!)
Tziri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:23 PM   #9  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

You are a rock star. Possibly the biggest inspiration I've come across, and that's saying a lot, especially on this forum. I am amazed by you daily.

So happy for you. All three of these are awesome!
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:23 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 169/159/135

Height: 5' 0''

Fantastic !!

Apologies for sneaking in here to post, but I was so excited for you...could not help myself!

(I saw your yesterday post.)

Last edited by irish51; 04-03-2013 at 03:30 PM. Reason: to apologize for posting in a place I don't belong
irish51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:31 PM   #11  

Awwwww....you guys!!

You are going to make me cry, seriously.

I don't want to get religious or anything as this isn't the place for it but somehow, God gives me the strength when I need it most. I prayed to him as I was struggling last night and needed to get my head and heart back into the game. I never went off my plan foodwise but sometimes I think the little devil on my shoulders focusing on the bad things is worse than any calorie damage.

I really needed today to be good and whether it was me or someone higher up that made it happen, I'm so very thankful either way!!!

Thank you for all of your messages, they touch my heart--each and every one of them.
Old 04-03-2013, 03:34 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish51 View Post
Fantastic !!

Apologies for sneaking in here to post, but I was so excited for you...could not help myself!

(I saw your yesterday post.)
Thank you, irish!!! And as far as I am concerned, anyone can post on my posts!! Sometimes I don't know where to classify them. And God knows I can't keep my nose out of the men's corner since I click "new posts" and read everything and I definitely don't belong there (lol). Now the guys are just used to me butting into their convos.
Old 04-03-2013, 03:40 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 245/161/140

Height: 5'3"

Little miss fabulous! I loved this story. Ah, I'm almost in that 14. So close.....lol

14s sound amazing! Pics!
Scondy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:48 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Awesome!
penmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 04:04 PM   #15  

S/C/G: Highest:266/T/Size 8

Height: 5'4

Oh Elvis I AM SO SO SO SO SO happy for you!!!!!!

Im so very insanely excited for you. It a-freaking-mazing what you've accomplished.

And 14s? Wha, whaaaat?!?!?!
SarahFairhope is offline   Reply With Quote