View Single Post
Old 04-03-2013, 01:59 PM   #42
krampus
Eat Big to Stay Small

S/C/G: 160+/116/114

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernMaven View Post
krampus - you'll see a lot of the IE proponents say to eat when you reach satiety, which according to many is simply "full." Well, I think that's very hard to describe in a blanket way. I'm more in the camp of bingefree...eat until the thought of eating more makes you sick - although I don't react that way. I would say I eat until I am very full but NOT uncomfortable. At first I didn't do that, but I found that I wasn't really satisfied until I ate to obvious fullness. Left to my own devices, I generally don't overeat at meals. I think most of my weight gain came from mindless snacking, particularly at night.
Probably confuses people further because "satiety" and "fullness" can vary dramatically from person to person - I personally equate "full" with "do not want to eat more because I feel my stomach stretching."

I have never been a disordered eater minus the brief stint with binging/restricting, just a poor eater from childhood until about 3 years ago. My diet was probably 80% starchy carbs and 20% cheese and my meal staples were bagels, fettucine Alfredo, various other pastas, cereal, pizza and fast food. I reprogrammed my palate and became highly aware of the physiological effects of food I eat and now I don't think I would want to return to that way of eating.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/diet-blogs/krampus