Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 04-02-2013, 07:14 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Default Cellulite and hourglass shape sadness

I'm wallowing in self pity over my cellulite. I'm an hourglass/pear shape and my hips and thighs carry the predominant amount of my weight. I also have cellulite which makes it very very difficult to wear clothes. Buying pants is a nightmare because if it fits in the hips it's too big at the waist. With large thighs even straight pants look like skinny pants at the thigh and then swishy fabric below the knee.

I cannot wear light colored pants at all because the cellulite leaves texture. I can't even wear dark pants if the fabric is too light because of this. Skirts are ok if they're long but I don't want to reveal a single inch of my knee or above. And skirts cause terrible chafing!

Sorry for the vent... I just get super depressed when the weather gets warmer and the bulky clothes start to shed.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:48 AM   #2  
Chuggin' along...

Wannabe, I hear you! Even at my very skinniest my thighs rubbed. Chafing is uncomfortable. I wear sundresses or skirts more in the summer when I won't be walking too far, and apply baby powder liberally. Or, I wear a pair of short exercise shorts underneath. Yes, you heard me. It's under the skirt, no one can see, right? No chafing.

Pants are tough! (Capris too, lol. Thanks for responding to my other post.) I know it's really discouraging when you're trying to find pants and it just isn't working. Did you ever watch the show "What Not to Wear" on TLC? (I don't think it's on anymore. I miss it! I got good advice from that show!) The hosts would always say, it's not you, it's the clothes that don't fit. Keep trying things on until find the ones that flatter your body. I tried to tell myself this when I went shopping the other day. Also, it may be worth find someone who makes alterations and finding out how much resizing a waist would cost. If you don't know of anyone, ask your local dry cleaner. The WNTW hosts always say "fit the largest part of you" or the hips, in this case, and size everything else in. If you find a decent quality pant that fits everywhere else, and for an extra $10 or $15 they fit you absolutely perfectly they will look great.

Good luck!
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:16 AM   #3  

Hi Wannabe...I totally get your post. As much as I am excited for the warmer weather to get here, I'm getting some anxiety too. I'm on the hunt for 3/4 length tops to hide my jiggling drooping arms (they didn't jiggle or droop when they were solid fat?!). I bought my first pair of size 16 capris the other day so I am armed for the warm weather as soon as it gets here. I got them in denim so it's a more solid fit, if that makes any sense. No direct access to my Jello Jiggler thighs.

I guess I don't have any advice, I just wanted you to know you aren't alone.
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:53 AM   #4  
Starting Over Again

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Height: 5'5"

I've had some luck with Lee brand pants. I have some jeans and capris from them that fit the pear shape fairly well. Wide enough for my big thighs, but they taper in a bit towards the bottom. Not skin tight, but not huge either.

My waist is smaller than my thighs, so even when pants fit everywhere else, they often won't snap because my butt and thighs are too big. Likewise, they'll be baggy everywhere else just to fit around my lower half. Its annoying.

And as someone else says, shorts under skirts is great. I have peasant skirts that I wear shorts under.

Last edited by Psychic; 04-02-2013 at 09:54 AM.
Psychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 03:50 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 245/161/140

Height: 5'3"

I am the same exact way. We are pretty much in the same boat. Sweetheart pants at old navy have been the best compromise. All other pants look terrible on me! I've stopped using shorts under my dresses because the chaffing is no longer an issue. I do drink tons of water, so a lot of my cellulite has lessened. It's still on my booty though. >.<

I have learned I can't wear low waisted pants - hips are too wide. So I have to make sure I get medium rise. Anyway, there are some amazing sweetheart boyfriend capris at Old Navy - perfect for us!
Scondy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 03:54 PM   #6  

I believe this pic was taken at 200lbs. Size 16 of those pants.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (25.8 KB, 78 views)
Old 04-02-2013, 04:10 PM   #7  

You look awesome, Scondy!! You look so tiny in that picture. If it's the pants that made you look that small, send them to ME now!!! You so don't look like a 16!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:02 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 217/206/150

Height: 5'4

Have you tried Talbot's Heritage fit slacks? You can pick them up for $25 - $30 a pair on sale at the talbot's outlet store fairly regularly and they carry a wide variety of regular and plus sizes. And they also have a number of fits and fabrics. I had not been able to find slacks for the longest time... These are the only brand that works for me.
Agalinfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:11 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scondy View Post
I believe this pic was taken at 200lbs. Size 16 of those pants.
You're gorgeous, I'd be rocking those with a smile too! I wear the same size, about the same weight but I'm 5'4" and don't look nearly as good!!
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 02:10 PM   #10  

It's angles and knowing how to pose! No lie, lol. Anyway, I appreciate the compliments all the same. I bet you look a lot better than you think! Those capris are a godsend - super light, too.