Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 04-01-2013, 12:05 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 174/T/140

Height: 5'3"

Default Back support for exercise ? Help !

I've been using the elliptical as my primary workout for too long now and decided to go back to the gym and take a step class, which I love. However today my back was killing me during the class, so I decided to see if I could find something to support my back during class. When I googled "back support for exercise" all I get are these "tummy trimmer" belts. Are these good for support too ? I always thought that the "tummy trimmer/extra sweat" belts were ...... iffy ?

Does anyone have any suggestions ?

Thanks
BuddysBuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 04:27 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

I'm not an expert by any means, but I do suffer with chronic back issues...it is actually bad for your back to use those kinds of supports. I would look into exercises to strengthen my back, rather than trying to find support. Vinyasa yoga has really helped me.
MonteCristo is offline   Reply With Quote