Old 04-01-2013, 11:22 AM   #1  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Default April 2013 Daily Challenge to Stay "On Plan" - Anyone is Welcome to Join

Our main goal on this thread is to stay ON PLAN (or OP for short) with whatever weight loss plan you're following.

April 2013 Challenge:

1. Stay ON PLAN during the month. Challenge yourself to be OP with your eating & exercise daily. Be sure to come here and check in if you feel like you are going to go off-course and need some support!
2. Set a weight loss goal only if you feel comfortable doing so.
3. Set a goal of how many days you’d like to do some form of exercise.
4. Set a goal of how many days you’re going to VISIT THE THREAD and check in with us. The accountability is important and a great way to stay on track.

Anything else you’d like to track here for the month, please do so! Feel free to track your daily eating, daily exercising...anything you'd like! We are here for each other because we're all here for a common goal: to be healthy, fit and happy!! For those who are struggling, why not re-commit and let today be your turnaround. WE CAN DO IT so let's all have a great April!!!
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:26 AM   #2  
Stay Focused & Committed

My goals for Arpil are to:

1. Continue doing what I did in March (lost 8.6 pounds for the month)
2. Be more committed to working out at least 4 days a week.
3. In addition to walking, do more weight training & toning.
4. Continue to drink as much water as I drank in March
5. Go to a WW meeting at least once a week
6. Stay focused and excited about my plan

Last edited by GettinFit; 04-01-2013 at 11:29 AM.
Old 04-01-2013, 08:25 PM   #3  
Stay Focused & Committed

Today was a great day. Ate 100% OP and did a 3 mile walk today.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:43 PM   #4  

Hello!!! I can't believe it's already April, this year is going by quickly!

April Goals:

1. Exercise 25 out of 30 days
2. Walk/Run/Bike 150 miles
3. Avoid soda like the plague.
4. Keep my calories as close to 1200 as possible.
5. Lose 8 pounds so that I can start May in the 170's.

Today was OP, I spent almost every minute of my day walking/painting/cleaning/ or exercising. I'm not going to be a happy camper if that scale reads 187.6 again tomorrow.
Kaitie9399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:19 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 139/134/117lb

Height: 5'3"

Thanks GettinFit for getting this started. I cannot believe we are already in April. I guess that puts a little extra fire under my butt since I have a wedding in early June. Last month was a bit of a bust and I had a lot of issues with emotional eating which just seemed to come out of nowhere. But despite that the support here was so great that I was able to make it through and regroup for April. So here are my goals for this month.

1. Exercise 6 days a week - run/walking and skating
2. Avoid sugar & refined carbs - I really think I have some kind of addiction so I will focus on cutting those out this month (and finding healthy alternatives) and am doing some supplementing with amino acids to get that straightened out.
3. Track calories - I tend to not track when I overeat which does not do much for trying to be accountable so I just want to track (and report) everyday. I would like to stay at around 1500/day. This may change on day(s) I am doing IF but around 1500 for a normal day.
4. Drink at least 2L water - I used to be a big water drinker 3-4L but I noticed last month I had a really hard time getting in even 2L/day, so I want to get back to 2L as a minimum.
5. Visit this thread at the end of every day to report my progress and get and give support.

I don't have a particular weight loss goal this month. I hope I do lose some but I'm really focusing on consistency with the eating (i.e. keeping my daily calorie intake relatively stable) and deal with the emotional/physiological aspects of my eating. Once I have that under control, then it will be full speed ahead!!

Good luck ladies!

Last edited by Lotus7; 04-02-2013 at 08:22 AM.
Lotus7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:31 AM   #6  

Today was not OP as I set out in my goals which is actually why I set said goals for the month. I had way too much sugar. And somewhere b/w dunkin donuts and the walk home I realized that the sugar had an unnatural hold on me and I needed to nip the problem in the bud. So I'm working on that through building better habits and supplementing with a few amino acids to deal with mood and cravings. A

I did get my 4-mi walk in this morning and was quite active running errands throughout the day.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:58 AM   #7  

I'd like to join!

My goals for April-

1. Exercise 6 days a week - jogging/walking (doing C25K) and weight lifting.
2. Count calories with a goal of 1500 calories average per day. Sometimes I cycle calories so I can have a high calorie day.
3. No Pop!!! This is my down fall because when I drink pop I eat greasy, calorie ridden foods.
4. Lose 10 pounds.
5. Visit this thread daily.

Thanks for starting this thread. I need the accountability
Emma4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:53 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 218/190.4/155

Height: 5'7"

Hi all!

Thanks, GettinFit for getting us started for the new month.

Welcome Emma!

Kaitie and Lotus - good to "see" you again.

Good news! I had a big scale whoosh today! 209.6! That means I've lost 8.5 pounds in six weeks and am out of the 210s. Less than ten pounds to go to hit my first mini-goal of onederland.

I am really encouraged because I feel l like I've found a plan that works for me and is consistently giving me lower scale numbers while not feeling hungry and having good energy. I've cut out pasta, rice, bread, potatoes, and sugar (unless I plan ahead to go off plan for a special occasion) and am focusing on getting my carbs from beans, lentils, low GI fruit, nuts, seeds, and starchy veg like butternut squash and sweet potatoes. Getting lots of protein from Greek yogurt, eggs, fish, grass-fed local beef, nuts and nut butters, and a reasonable amount of fat, too. I eat three meals and two or three snacks a day. It's amazing because I thought I would miss and crave these foods and I really don't. And my appetite is less (in the past I've struggled with being hungry when trying to lose weight) and I don't have that 3 pm so-hungry-I-want-to-inhale-a-box-of-triscuits thing happened like I have in the past when I've been on higher carbs - even "better" carbs like brown rice, oatmeal, whole wheat pasta and bread.

To give you all a sense of what "on plan" looks like for me -
Yesterday I had a veg omelette for breakfast, some roasted brussel sprouts with pecans for a snack, and lentils with broccoli and asparagus for lunch. Two afternoon snacks (because dinner wasn't til after 8 pm) - 1 Tbsp natural peanut butter and an apple, and the last of my brussel sprouts and some leftover mashed cauliflower (substitute for mashed potatoes). Then fresh grilled tuna for dinner topped with roasted red pepper and garlic (YUM - I wish fresh tuna weren't so expensive!), mashed sweet potato, steamed broccoli, and a glass of wine, with a bit of dark chocolate for dessert.

I also work out several times a week - swim laps, run, walk briskly, or dance. Also like to do yoga and hula hoop.

My goals for April
1) Stay "on plan" - which I am still tweaking and figuring out which carbs and how many and when - but feel like I've pretty much got a good sense.
2) Work out at least four times a week.
3) Keep a positive, can-do attitude and not fall into self-pity or self-defeating thoughts about having insulin resistance.

I look forward to a great April with you all and making progress on our goals! We can do it!
SuperCecilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:46 PM   #9  
Stay Focused & Committed

Hello ladies and Emma!

Kaitie - I agree that the year is flying by. Seems like it was just 1/1. Before we know it, it will be the end of the year and this time I DO NOT want to end the year fat & unhealthy. I always go on a cruise at the end of the year and this year I sail on 12/15 and I am determined to be a my goal.

Ceilia - Congrats on making 209. I am glad that you've found what works best for you so that you're seeing good results. It is so important to find what works for you. So far the new WW program is working for me and I am so excited and like you said, I'm not feeling deprived. You are doing a great job so let's keep it going and we'll both be in onederland before we know it.

Lotus - I hope your month is good and that you can be where you want to be for your wedding.

I'm having a good day so far. Eating has been good and I'm planning another walk after work if it's not raining. I'm really enjoying following the Weight Watchers plan this time around. For the first time, I look forward to my weekly meetings.

I hope you all have a great day
Old 04-02-2013, 10:54 PM   #10  

Welcome to the group Emma! Its always great to have some new faces/posters.

Cecilia - good job on your plan. I think I'm moving toward what you are doing nutrition-wise, though I have not been able to convert DBF to the whole-grain bandwagon yet, and I'm feeling good already.

Today was the first easy OP day I feel like I've had in a while. I came in just under my 1500 target at around 1440 calories. I've been playing around with the macros and aiming for about 50% protein and it might be the right number for me. I had actually about 46% today (according to MFP) and a good amount of fiber (30g) which held me throughout the whole day with no hunger. I literally had to add things to my dinner meal to get my calories up. Also, I drank my two liters of water easily.

I'm trying to focus on getting most of my protein in earlier in the day and keeping my carbs low so that I can have a little more breathing room for dinner which is the meal I usually have with DBF. Worked perfectly today because he wanted to do risotto with (gasp!) white rice and since I had plenty of space for calories and carbs it was no problem. I actually just steamed some broccoli to mix with the risotto for fiber and volume and it was perfect. Off to a good start

Last edited by Lotus7; 04-03-2013 at 05:29 AM.
Old 04-02-2013, 11:20 PM   #11  

Good Evening Everyone!

OP for the day. I'm exhausted and sore. I'm re-doing a room in our house so it's been a lot of painting the past two or three days--up and down the ladder, hands above shoulders etc... and today I started on the floor. I'm putting in a laminate floor so that's always tough on the knees. But! It looks nice so far. Hopefully I can get the rest of the floor done tomorrow and put the molding back up. I need to go to Hobby Lobby for some decorative items. Haha, yes I NEED to go. :-)

75 minutes of wfp and my calories are low even with pizza for dinner. 1068. I woke up twice last night with a major allergy attack, and that was with taking my prescription meds. I took some Allegra, hopefully that will work better. I love my cats but they need to get out of my house.

This is freaky. My dog is laying next to me and he is having a full on dream. His eyes are opening and shutting, his paws are moving...it's creepy, yet cute.

Apparently, I'm talkative tonight. Have a great Wednesday!
Old 04-03-2013, 02:10 PM   #12  
Stay Focused & Committed

Hello ladies,

Lotus - I'm glad you had a great start to April with an easy OP day. I hope it's as easy the rest of the month for you. Keep it up

Kaitie - I'm glad your room is turning out nice. Sounds like you're getting in lots of activity from it too.

I'm doing good still OP and in my zone Today's W/I was only .4 for the week but I'm okay with that. Hopefully, I'll have a bigger loss next week.

I hope everyone has a great day!
Old 04-03-2013, 02:29 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 218/190.4/155

Height: 5'7"

Happy Wednesday friends

GettinFit - congrats on staying OP! A .4 loss is a loss and worth celebrating!

Kaitie - sounds like you're getting a workout as well as a paint job! Hope it all turns out well.

Lotus - WTG on getting your water in and planning ahead for the risotto.

On plan today - Greek yogurt with berries and almonds for breakfast, a handful of peanuts for a snack. lentils with veggies and a glass of milk for lunch. Feeling good! Ran a 5k race yesterday (averaged 10 and a half minute mile pace which I'm happy with given the hilly terrain) so taking today as a rest day exercise wise, besides getting a bit of hula hooping today. Still glowing about being at 209.
SuperCecilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:44 PM   #14  

Good Evening!

My legs are tired! I put in the most of the rest of the laminate floor--I'm leaving the deadly jig-saw cuts for my hubby. I put in a bit of the moulding, repainted two doors and some of the hallway--then I realized I had the wrong shade of paint and now I have to repaint the rest of the hallway. :-) That's ok, it needs it--the trim needs it too. It's funny how gross things get when you're not looking. And I went shopping!! Wahoo! Nothing like spending money.

OP for the day, under calories really. 1025. I'm going to be starving tomorrow morning but for now I'm good. And 35 minutes of wfp...seriously, my legs are so tired I couldn't muster up the energy for any more.

*crossing my fingers for 186.8 tomorrow*

OH! and today was officially -20 pounds! Wahoo! Go me!

Last edited by Kaitie9399; 04-03-2013 at 10:45 PM.
Old 04-03-2013, 11:02 PM   #15  

Sounds like everyone is off to a good start.

Cecilia - fantastic job on the 5k. I just started moving my walk up to a walk/run so hopefully I'll be able to do a 5k soon.

GettinFit - you've been barreling through the weight loss so I'm sure it will pick up soon.

Kaitie - big congrats on reaching the 20 pound mark.

Today was not 100%. I did track my calories but was not able to stay within my 1500. But I did get my walk in today and my water, so 3 out of 4 ain't bad. Tomorrow is a new day. I just hope I have the strength the brave the cold for my a.m. workout