Old 04-01-2013, 09:23 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 160/130/135

Height: 5'1

Default Advice

Need some advice today. I woke up sick on Saturday and have struggled through getting all of my veggies in. Would it hurt me to miss them today? The idea of drinking or even eating them is turning my stomach. Can I replace them for just today with a 4th IP packet?
Canadiandieter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:28 AM   #2  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadiandieter View Post
Need some advice today. I woke up sick on Saturday and have struggled through getting all of my veggies in. Would it hurt me to miss them today? The idea of drinking or even eating them is turning my stomach. Can I replace them for just today with a 4th IP packet?
An extra packet isn't the equivalent of your veggies, the veggies aren't just there for calories (actually MOST of your calories come from your packets and meat protein). You also need the fiber and the nutrients in them.

If you are dealing with a stomach bug and feeling stomach sick, try picking up some vegetable broth at the store - you won't get the fiber but at least you'll get SOME of the good stuff from the veggies. The liquid will be good for you as well to keep you from getting dehydrated. A stomach issue should pass soon! Hope you feel better!
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:34 AM   #3  
Reboot Jan 2018

Height: 5'7"

I'm sorry you're sick! I was sick last week with a stomach bug (just getting over it now) and I found the only veggies I was able to eat were celery and cucumbers. I didn't want to eat but I knew I needed to. I hope you feel better soon.
Cheekyskeeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:37 AM   #4  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

IMO it's preferable to get your veg in if it's possible at all. If you're absolutely sick, including sick to stomach, etc., then it's a different story and you'll just have to concentrate on keeping hydrated and resting. You mentioned drinks... if you have chocolate shakes you could blend some spinach into them. Also, do you have some soup packets? When I was sick while on the protocol I just nuked some vegetables and blended them into a prepared soup packet. Add some curry powder, or whatever spice you prefer, and it's a tasty soup.
evepet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:19 AM   #5  
Starting again 06.04.2014

S/C/G: 210/ticker/150

Height: 5'9

I saw someone post the other day about being sick. Another person suggested they do what they needed to do to get well. If it's saltines and Powerade Zero...so be it. The go back OP immediately, once well.

Hope you're better soon.
GetYa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 03:47 PM   #6  

I was the one who suggested the powerade zero and saltines. When i had my stomach virus I dealt with getting healthy then getting back on plan. I could NOT handle veggies, protein or anything else. It took me 2 days but I got over it and back on program and actually lost weight at my next WI. Now I didn't eat a whole box of crackers but the carb serving size of a IP bar and protein, maybe 2 servings of saltines if I remember correctly. No, I didnt have a terrible time getting back OP because my body was healthy enough to handle it again. I had to go off program one other time for surgery and did fine getting back on then as well. U can see my weight loss is good so I didnt worry as long as I got back OP ASAP.
maezy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:21 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 160/130/135

Height: 5'1

Thank you all for the suggestions
Canadiandieter is offline   Reply With Quote