PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 03-31-2013, 10:49 PM   #1  

Default pcos ...41 lbs lost...where's my period?

Hi everyone! a little background on me:

i am 5'4 and weighed in this am at 193.6. my starting weight was 226 with a plateau of 236. i have lost a total of 41 lbs so far and still losing. i have been dealing with PCOS gore 20 years and have done a lot of my own research. i ALWAYS thought it would be such a struggle and soooo much effort to lose weight because of the pcos that i didn't even bother because why put in so much effort for such little results? well i turned 29 this year and my goal is to be at goal weight by 30. my goal weight is 140. i decided that i had made enough excuses and just do it. I have been on south beach diet for almost 5 months and am working out atleadst 4-5 times a week and this weight is dropping off pretty regularly. i do not follow SB perfectly. i find what works for me which is watching calories more than carbs...however..i do not eat anything.g that i know my body won't process correctly such as potatoes..corn...carrots..etc. i can always write more about things that are working for me later. my big question is on my period. i was completely expecting it to come back by now. i have read that a 10% loss can bring it back to normal. I've lost more than 15% body weight and still nothing. My period has been extremely irregular since i can remember. I will put it this way...i can't remember the last time i had one without medication helping it. anyone have any input or similar experiences?
girlonamission1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 10:50 PM   #2  

Am typing from my phone so sorry if there's some autocorrects in there...
Old 04-01-2013, 12:36 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

My cycles went from nonexistent to very very long, to just longish over the 18 months I lost 90 pounds. Even at 155 pounds they were wacky. I conceived my baby on cycle day 150-something, lol. Anyway, I think it takes a long time to get them an acceptable length.
Vanessa M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:36 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

I'm mobile too, sorry.
Vanessa M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:03 PM   #5  
Starting over

S/C/G: 195/185/140

Height: 5'3"

could you be pregnant? ((wink!))

Do you know, approximately, what weight you were when you had your last unmedicated period?
veggiedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 06:25 PM   #6  

Hahahaha no way im pregnant been single for 8 months now...
I have probably had no more than 10 unmedicated periods since my first one @ 13 years old. i was 220-230 for a long time atleast 5 years. always have had a very large belly. my weight is pretty evenly distributed but before i started my weight loss i coul have said i was 8 months pregnant and people would have believed me! I saw my pcp in Feb and she ran my fsh and it came back normal and that i was not post menopausal which is what i was afraid of. i have no intentions of.kids anytime soon but when i get there i would like to know that things are working fairly normal and reduce my risks for cancer and things like that.