Old 03-14-2013, 05:57 PM   #1  

Arrow HELP Meal Ideas

Does anyone have a weeks worth or more of your meals planned out? I am asking basically for your menu, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner for the MRC Diet? I have my MRC sheets still but... :?

I am going to try my 2nd round. I did it the first time and had lots of success, losing 44 lbs. Unfortunately, I've gained it all back! That was for personal reasons, but I think I'm ready to give it a go again. I got so SICK of eating the same thing over and over and over again. I ate the same thing due to the fact of I hate....HATE to cook and have NO creative mind when it comes to food. I gain weight because I eat one meal a day, something usually pretty healthy and the last nutritionist said that was exactly why I gain all this weight. Even if the food is healthy, it is stored straight to fat/starvation mode.

I was hoping that someone on here would be kind enough to share their examples of meals they eat so I could follow those and get some ideas. I mostly eat vegetarian but will take anything.

Thanks guys!

Last edited by arcunningham; 03-14-2013 at 06:38 PM.
arcunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 08:54 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 189.5 / 145.5 / 140

Height: 5' 4"

If you have your sheets, I don't understand why you would need weekly menus. I'm sure your center can help.
rwquilts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:43 PM   #3  
Maintenance Member

S/C/G: 211/191/175

Height: 5'5

Definitely buy the cookbook! That helps a lot..and you can get from the center or on Ebay sometimes. There is also a recipe link at the top of the MRC page on here. Tons of recipes on there!

Last edited by Tamikl; 03-17-2013 at 10:43 PM.
Tamikl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:14 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 230/230/165

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwquilts
If you have your sheets, I don't understand why you would need weekly menus. I'm sure your center can help.
I think she was asking for prep ideas. I ran into the same problem on my other with not knowing how to creatively fix different types of the same foods.

Posted from 3fatchicks.com App for Android
MsHunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 04:06 PM   #5  
Not giving up!

S/C/G: 123.5/no scale/happy & healthy

Height: 5'8"

Well, there's a ton of ways to use the menu's creatively so you don't get bored, but they all involve cooking!

I don't get bored too easily, so often had the same few meals I rotated between. I haven't yet gotten sick of eating the same things because I remember to be thankful every day for the provisions I have. And I remember when I was eating unhealthily, that I never got tired of eating the same junk food all the time.

Definitely use the cookbook or check out the recipe thread - lots of great ideas. Find a few things you like and rotate them for a few weeks. Then find a few different things and try them for a few weeks. Keep it up and pretty soon you'll have a whole repertoire of healthy things you can fix without having to think about it too much. Good luck!
Going4Fit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:21 AM   #6  

http://mrcrecipes.blogspot.com/

I discovered that I am a creature of habit so my breakfast and lunch tend to be similar each day. My dinner is usually something new to keep things fresh. I have a toddler so we do a lot of meal planning and one big cooking day. That helps me plan out the week and make sure I have meals that me and my family can eat. Check out the website I posted - lots of great meal ideas taken from the pinned recipe thread on this site.
NotaFatBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 04:54 PM   #7  
Maintenance Member

S/C/G: 211/191/175

Height: 5'5

Wow! Thank you so much for posting those recipes!!! I love looking through them for different ideas
Tamikl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 09:47 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 340/205/190ish

Height: 5'9"

I have to agree with the others..the cookbook is a must!!
Keylani is offline   Reply With Quote