South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2013, 06:44 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default The Weekend - March 30th & 31st

Good morning, Sleepy Heads!

So glad to see the end of March so Spring can get serious. It seems all I did was gripe about the weather lately. I know April can be cold too but we will at least be over the hump except for some remains of snow in the woods.

Jazz and I go to the nursing home for pet therapy this morning. Then I have things to do at home and then off I go - first to drop my furries at the kennel and then on to Ottawa. This evening the Hyper Pypers are throwing a surprise BD party for Margo who turns 50 and I MUST be there. No presents but we are asked to write a letter to her. I will stay overnight in Ottawa since I am no longer doing night driving. Tomorrow is Easter Day so I will go to early service there and drive back.

I hope everyone can stay fairly strong about Easter chocolate - I succumbed to some wee Cadbury eggs yesterday but that is IT!

Now for breakfast, more coffee and putting the thumb in the bum to get Saturday rolling.

Old 03-30-2013, 07:03 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Ruthie, and all you Sleepyheads! It certainly is cold, there's a coating of frost over everything out there and at first glance it looks like it snowed. Enjoy the party tonight and wish Margo a Happy Birthday from me.

This is one of those mornings that my coffee had me exclaim "mmmmmm." It's my regular Newman's, but it's especially good today. BTW, and this is for Twynn, you can make tea in a Keurig by simply placing your teabag in the brewing cup, making sure it lies flat. It makes a great cup of tea without having to buy those expensive K-cups.

I ended up working a full day yesterday so I didn't get anything done at home, so today will be busy. After coffee, I have grocery shopping, shopping for a little 'something' for the Grands, a visit to see Dad, and getting the house shipshape for tomorrow. I think I'll be ready for a glass or two of wine by this evening.
Old 03-30-2013, 07:47 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks! Ruth, travel safe and stay strong against the chocolate monster. I'll be okay with that, as long as it's not dark chocolate. Then, I justify that it is healthy!

Cottage, yeesh, you have a busy day ahead of you! Hope you get everything done without being too exhausted!

I leave for work in a bit. Since we have guests coming tomorrow, I have lots of cleaning to do when I get home. I did realize that Easter bunny doesn't have anything to stuff plastic eggs with, so might have to do some shopping for that.

But until then, some good strong coffee to start the day. I'm feeling a bit crabby, so maybe it will chase that monster away!
Old 03-30-2013, 07:58 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 7"

Checking in from Florida, we are having a great time my poor feet are hurting from all the walking but still having a great time. I meet up up with HS GFs yesterday for lunch it was so much fun!!

Ruth drive safe and enjoy your visit

Cottage love the smell of coffee but just do not like the flavor but I do enjoy tea so that is a good idea

Twynn enjoy your day and hope you get everything done.

Okay off for more walking at Universal today but there is a Pat Benator concert tonight!
Old 03-30-2013, 08:02 AM   #5  

OooooOOOh, I love Pat Benatar! Have fun Pearlrose!
Old 03-30-2013, 08:05 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning, no chocolate bunnies here or jelly beans. Oh how I love jelly beans. Had a nice time with DS and the GF. They each left with Easter goodies. my son left with a much needed haircut too lol. I kept it simple and ordered pizza and salad. My pizza was gluten free and quite tasty. I was good except for two small Easter cupcakes. The left overs were also given to DS.

Leaving in a couple of hours to drive to Old Westbury Long Island. The chapter I am riding with in May is having a training ride today. Hopefully I won't slow the group down as this is my first outdoor ride of the season. Bike is on the car carrier and my bag is backed with essentials. Will layer up as it is only in the 50's today, but boy is it pretty out.

Had my dr appt yesterday. He is amazed at my blood work! Everything was great except I am severely Vitamin D deficient, as in I didn't even register! So it's Vitamin D and Calcium twice a day for six months then he will repeat the blood work. Fortunately being outdoors more should greatly help.

Linda my coffee made me go mmmmmm today too

Ruth have fun at the BD party

TwynnB I hope the stores still have Easter candy left when you get there.

Enjoy this beautiful day my friends
Old 03-30-2013, 09:59 AM   #7  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Pearl - I saw Pat Benatar a few years back and it was a great damn concert!

Errands for me today - might go for a walk around the pond or maybe a bike ride around it later today with the wife if it is not too crowded. If so, then a nap and then the gym! Happy Saturday!
Old 03-30-2013, 11:13 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi!
At the pool in the loo...it's the only time I get to myself these days. Lol
Bbl
Old 03-30-2013, 01:32 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Afternoon ladies! I was a sleepyhead today. Stayed up until 2 or 3 playing games on the computer (and being here, of course ) so I didn't drag myself out of bed until LATE! After noon sometime. But it sure felt comfy!

No plans in particular today- I'm going to try a couple of the South Beach snacks mentioned in this area. First up are the roasted green beans and the cauliflower popcorn. Yummy!

Pearlrose- I'm so jealous! I love Pat Benatar. Enjoy Orlando for me! I grew up nearby and Orlando was always the weekend destination

Enjoy your pool time Debbie!

Have a great productive/restful Saturday everybody!
Old 03-30-2013, 01:44 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Good afternoon, ladies. Sipping on my 2nd cup of coffee as we speak. I have a Cuisinart grind and brew that grinds the beans fresh...it is amazing. I actually bought it for my mom, though, so I just ordered me one off of NoMoreRack for the house in Massachusetts. My roommate has one of those tiny little 4 cup coffeemakers and that is SO not gonna work for me. I told her I was bringing a better coffee machine w/ me when I come, LOL

Speaking of the move...I was told this morning that I am making a mistake. *sigh* I tried to involve my mom by inviting her to go up w/ me next week and see what it's all about, but now she's saying she might not even go. I know I can't force her to be happy for me, but it doesn't stop me from wishing I could.

Anywho, off to get some more packing done and then I'm heading out for a walk w/ a friend.
Old 03-30-2013, 04:11 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 202.6/196.4/135

Height: 5ī7

Hi guys,

I would love to check in here regularly. I just started the SBD today. I wanted to procastinate it until Monday, but I feel so uncomfortable that I need a change right now.

So far it is going well. I feel very good, donīt have any crazy cravings and canīt wait to get back on track.

Happy Eastern!!!
Old 03-30-2013, 05:00 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Welcome Xena2013. Absolutely check in as often as you like. Very friendly and knowledgeable group here. Great recipes too which really helps.

Natasha I hope your mom comes around. it is so hard letting go of your babies. Maybe in time she will be truly happy for you. When my parents moved from NY to VA I felt a little abandoned. It was selfish of me, but I wanted my mom close by. Well they have been there 12 years and couldn't be happier. For once they have the time to enjoy life which makes me happy too.

Just got home from the training ride. My legs are feeling the hills and my lungs feel like they got a good cleaning. Very nice group of people!!! We rode loops around SUNY Wesbury's campus. The group leader said I did very well and should have no problems on the ride. Just keep your fingers crossed the hills aren't like these ones. Up down up down over and over again lol. At least I know I will sleep good tonight.

Working tomorrow so I wanted to wish everyone a Happy Easter and Passover. Enjoy!
Old 03-31-2013, 05:50 AM   #13  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning I'm home and right back in the routine. We had a great time and staying in a yurt was fun! I will be back later to catch-up with everyone. Hope the sun is shining where you are. I think spring has finally made it here
Old 03-31-2013, 06:37 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Happy Easter!

Cyndi, glad you had a fun trip, and staying in a yurt sounds like a lot of fun. I think they're pretty neat! I hope the sun shines on your day!

It's cloudy here and rain is on it's way, but we'll manage to have a good day, anyway.

Gotta run but will be back!
Old 03-31-2013, 07:28 AM   #15  

Love the little chick in the egg, Cottage! I hope everyone has a wonderful Easter, and a bit of sunshine .

One of my little ones are up, and has spied the obvious eggs in the room. My DD left a note for the Easter Bunny, saying they were way too easy to find last year. I'm pretty sure "he" made it harder this year!! (I hope I remember where they are.....)

Have a great day!
Closed Thread