View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 09:55 AM   #4
TripSwitch
Ironman USA Finisher...

S/C/G: 180/160/150

Height: 5'9"

I was a vegetarian for many years... and a strict vegan for 5 of them... and even though I do currently eat meat and fish as part of my diet now, I'm still a big fan of lots of vegetarian meals...

I didn't know that Meatless Mondays goes back that far... I mean I knew that it's been around awhile, because I used to try to do it with my family several years ago..

I try to do 1 or 2 vegetarian meals for my family a week... but it's usually something like homemade lasagna or homemade pizza with a really nice salad... so it tends to be a little bit heavy on the dairy... since even though there is no meat in the meals they don't really see it as "vegetarian"... but that's OK.. and since I'm not really eating pasta or pizza these days... I just have a really big salad with maybe some added goodies and keep it vegetarian...

Actually, recently... I've been thinking about trying out Mark Bittman's VB6 concept... the whole "vegan before 6" thing... where you eat vegan until dinner... but I would do it vegetarian for the most part... and since I only eat 2 meals a day usually, because I incorporate IF into my plan it would simplify things since I would only have to make a meat or fish dish for dinner if I wanted...