Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2013, 05:50 AM   #1  

Default IP Daily Chat Thursday 3/28/2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
and here Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 03-28-2013, 07:32 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 395/241.5/250

Height: 6'4"

Did my morning WI and am happy to report that I'm down another 10 pounds. So that makes 55 pounds in 6 weeks. I don't really remember the last time I weighed this much, I know that it's been years. My body continues to keep me guessing, my pattern since starting IP has been a loss every two weeks now it decides to change things up and lose every week. I'm not complaining it sure helps the motivation to see the scale numbers move down on a weekly basis. My wardrobe availability continues to decrease as I shrink out of my old clothing. Thank goodness today is the last day of work for me for a week, any longer without a shopping trip and I might have to wrap duct tape around my clothes to keep them from falling off.

Last edited by Spiritman; 03-28-2013 at 08:11 AM.
Old 03-28-2013, 07:57 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 0/9/40

Height: 5' 1.25"

JenRem and others that are helping me try to figure out my disappointing and confusing first weigh-in.....I reviewed JenRem's last post from 3/27.
My weight was compared to the clinic's first weigh-in. I do think my age might come into play here (pretty close to 64), as the fact that I have been on numerous diets, not always successful or long term. It has been only in the last few months I have actually been eating really bad stuff, usually tried to stick to pretty healthy stuff....just too much of it. Water, usually was 32 to 48 oz before diet. I think I was overdoing it on the salt....when roasting veggies this past week I was also using celery salt...it even tasted salty to me...which is hard to do (ha-ha....love salt!).
But all in all....my clothes are fitting better, and I don't feel as bloated. Also I know my scale is changing...and that is the scale I will be living with after this diet, so that will be the numbers I will be using on my ticker, etc.
I really don't want any other newbies to be swayed by my weird weigh-in. I really think it is a fluke. I might not be breaking records in the loss department...but any downward trend is what I want.
I also want to mention that blue jeans don't give good measurements, but that is what I started with...and what I usually wear.
Also had 2 different consultants for the two appointments!
Thanks for all of the thought and time spent on this with me. I have decided to drop the water aerobics at least for very short term. Also line dance leader called yesterday...was I coming back? Since I am pretty sedentary, I really think to continue, socially and physically is good for me. Testing this week...and see how it goes
Old 03-28-2013, 08:03 AM   #4  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Nice WI Spiritman!!!
Old 03-28-2013, 08:06 AM   #5  
IP start date 12/12/12

S/C/G: 197.6/191.8/150

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritman View Post
Did my morning WI and am happy to report that I'm down another 10 pounds. So that makes 55 pounds in 6 weeks. I don't really remember the last time I weighed this much, I know that it's been years. My body continues to keep me guessing, my pattern since starting IP has been a lose every two weeks now it decides to change things up and lose every week. I'm not complaining it sure helps the motivation to see the scale numbers move down on a weekly basis. My wardrobe availability continues to decrease as I shrink out of my old clothing. Thank goodness today is the last day of work for me for a week, any longer without a shopping trip and I might have to wrap duct tape around my clothes to keep them from falling off.
Fantastic!!! I've heard of duct tape prom dresses...why not duct tape slacks?

Official WI today...-1.2 lbs Whoohoo!! I'll take it! I know things will slow down even more once I start back at the gym next week so now I am focused on figuring out exactly what I should eat before and after to keep my energy up and my weight down. It would be nice if I can find a way of eating that allows me to continue losing fat even while gaining strength...
Old 03-28-2013, 08:10 AM   #6  
IP start date 12/12/12

S/C/G: 197.6/191.8/150

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeaner View Post
JenRem and others that are helping me try to figure out my disappointing and confusing first weigh-in.....I reviewed JenRem's last post from 3/27.
My weight was compared to the clinic's first weigh-in. I do think my age might come into play here (pretty close to 64), as the fact that I have been on numerous diets, not always successful or long term. It has been only in the last few months I have actually been eating really bad stuff, usually tried to stick to pretty healthy stuff....just too much of it. Water, usually was 32 to 48 oz before diet. I think I was overdoing it on the salt....when roasting veggies this past week I was also using celery salt...it even tasted salty to me...which is hard to do (ha-ha....love salt!).
But all in all....my clothes are fitting better, and I don't feel as bloated. Also I know my scale is changing...and that is the scale I will be living with after this diet, so that will be the numbers I will be using on my ticker, etc.
I really don't want any other newbies to be swayed by my weird weigh-in. I really think it is a fluke. I might not be breaking records in the loss department...but any downward trend is what I want.
I also want to mention that blue jeans don't give good measurements, but that is what I started with...and what I usually wear.
Thanks for all of the thought and time spent on this with me. I have decided to drop the water aerobics at least for very short term. Also line dance leader called yesterday...was I coming back? Since I am pretty sedentary, I really think to continue, socially and physically is good for me. Testing this week...and see how it goes
Honestly...it seems like you've done all the right things and you say your scale is showing a loss? I would have to wonder if their scale needs to be calibrated... You have such a great outlook on things! Keep it up and you will get it done!
Old 03-28-2013, 08:41 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 160/130/135

Height: 5'1

WI this morning, keeping my fingers crossed. Have a great day everyone!
Old 03-28-2013, 08:51 AM   #8  
Reboot Jan 2018

Height: 5'7"

Happy Thursday everyone!

Great WI spiritman and mrskuby!

Jeaner don't let it get you down! If your scale is showing a loss that's what I'd be going with.

Canadiandieter good luck at your WI today. Also, I love your new avatar picture. That colour looks great on you.

So today is my last day on P1....P2 doesn't seem to different to me but still worrying about all the changes in P3. I don't mind P1 at all but know it's time for me to start phasing off. Wish me luck!
Old 03-28-2013, 09:29 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 178/start IP 159.8/134.8/130

Height: 5'3"

I got on the scale this morning and i saw a number i have'nt seen in over 10 years! I actually stood there and cried. I am amazed at how much this IP lifestyle had changed me in 16 days! I feel so much better and healthier already! We went out last night with 3 other couples and they couldn't get over the change in my face! The puffiness is going away and i finally have a little definition in my cheeks. The best thing about this is that 3 of my friends have joined IP because of my experience so far. I'm so excited for them to reap the benefits of this, it's such a positive. This website had been such a support so far. When i've struggled i've jumped in here to find inspiring stories and any questions at all the answers are here. Thanks to everyone on here who shares there trials, success, advice or just talk, it is priceless.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:30 AM   #10  

Hey guys! Easter is coming up and the temptation is going to be bad this year! I'm in SE Texas again and this part of my family does everything cajun-style! Can I eat crawfish on this diet? There MAY be grilled chicken there, but I know there won't be any greens (I'll have to bring my own!).
Old 03-28-2013, 09:41 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 255/196/180

WTG Spiritman!

Jeaner- I agree that your scale may need to be calibrated...but it's all working out if you're feeling better and clothes are fitting better

Canadiandieter- cute pic!

Cheekyskeeter- you're soo close!

I'm feeling great today, finally moved down a size again And excited to see family over the weekend for Easter that I haven't seem since Christmas...have to admit I do love the shocked faces! Have a great OP day everyone!
Old 03-28-2013, 09:46 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 242/225/150

Height: 5' 7"

Hi everyone,
Just started IP on Monday. I have been reading here for the last few weeks and just want to thank you all for all the information, recipes and wonderful ideas that has made me determined to lose the weight. You have motivated me to take control and live a better life. I look forward to sharing my success with you and hope to inspire someone else.
Old 03-28-2013, 10:21 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 300/277/150

Height: 5' 4"

I had my third weigh in yesterday and am down another 3 pounds... so 23 pounds total in 3 weeks I love that my spare tires are deflating I wore a tighter shirt the other night when I went out for dinner and I didnt feel self conscious about it.. I felt really good
Old 03-28-2013, 10:43 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 168/138/130

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeaner View Post
Regardless of your first loss, you cannot measure your success just by that, or the first WI. I like to think of the fact that I have gained control as such a victory.
If you stay on program you cannot help but lose. Just stick with it and over time it will be awesome.
Old 03-28-2013, 10:45 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 168/138/130

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happymomof2 View Post
I got on the scale this morning and i saw a number i have'nt seen in over 10 years! I actually stood there and cried. I am amazed at how much this IP lifestyle had changed me in 16 days! I feel so much better and healthier already! We went out last night with 3 other couples and they couldn't get over the change in my face! The puffiness is going away and i finally have a little definition in my cheeks. The best thing about this is that 3 of my friends have joined IP because of my experience so far. I'm so excited for them to reap the benefits of this, it's such a positive. This website had been such a support so far. When i've struggled i've jumped in here to find inspiring stories and any questions at all the answers are here. Thanks to everyone on here who shares there trials, success, advice or just talk, it is priceless.
WAY happy for you! It is really amazing, and what a motivator for you and for us all!
Closed Thread