Old 03-27-2013, 10:47 AM   #1  

Default Itchy skin?

Good morning!

I hate to start a new thread on this...but I was wondering if anyone else has experienced itchy skin. I restarted this program on Monday...so this is day 3 for me. Last night was kind of rough. The itching started in the palms of my hands, arches, then on my legs, and even my scalp. I'm confused because this didn't happen to me the first time around. Just wondering if I'm allergic to something (I'm eating the same items as last time though), or if it is my body detoxing (I haven't had any headaches or other symptoms to start with).

Any thoughts?
SS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 11:39 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 291/240.6/147

Height: 5'7"

You're not detoxing, you're having an allergic reaction. How is the pollen in your area (it's CRAZY here!)? Do you have seasonal allergies? Have you tried taking a Benadryl?
TheSecondHalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 11:42 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 0/9/40

Height: 5' 1.25"

Oooh, itchy skin sounds terrible. Although it does sound like the start I had to an allergy to an antibiotic it did soon develop into hives. I do not have any experience with this, but when I was lurking a couple of weeks ago, I did see another post about this with some thoughts and some things you could try. Sorry, I don't remember the specifics, but maybe you could search and find that post. Good luck with that
Jeaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 11:48 AM   #4  

Thanks you two!

I've never had allergies before. Would benadryl take me out of ketosis (if I'm in it already?)

I'll try to search for the itchy thread! :-)

Thanks again!!
SS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:57 PM   #5  
started IP Aug 7 2012

S/C/G: 215/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6

I get itchy skin if I eat products with too much soy. I make sure I dont eat two soy packets in a row soy puffs yum
zoological26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 01:33 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 291/240.6/147

Height: 5'7"

I don't know if a Benadryl will take you out of ketosis, but the next thing after itchy skin is respiratory failure. I'm not saying that's what you're headed for but you can NOT mess around with allergies that cause skin itching. Prioritize. Breathing before ketosis
TheSecondHalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 02:10 PM   #7  
Started IP 3/8/2013

S/C/G: 163/146/115

Height: 5'1"

The list of medications in this book may be helpful. The capsule or tablet form of Benadryl may be safe but the children's liquid sometimes has high fructose corn syrup as an ingredient.
http://books.google.com/books?id=ema...etosis&f=false
kellyrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 03:38 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 219/141/130

Height: 5'1''

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS14 View Post
Thanks you two!

I've never had allergies before. Would benadryl take me out of ketosis (if I'm in it already?)

I'll try to search for the itchy thread! :-)

Thanks again!!
i have severe allergies (carry an Epi-pen and Benedryl at all times). I have used Benedryl quite a bit on the program and it never affected my loss. I used to have a terrible reaction to the IP Leek soup (itching, swollen throat). However, there is a big difference between dry skin itching (something I have now because I live in Denver and the air is so dry) and allergic itching. If the itching is not relieved with lotion (dry skin brushing before showering each morning, then use lotion after getting out of the shower), then it is an allergy.

If it is an allergy-you need to start recording everything you eat and monitoring your body's reaction.

Good luck!!

Last edited by WorldTraveleronIP; 03-27-2013 at 03:39 PM.
WorldTraveleronIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 03:49 PM   #9  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

I'm now in maintenance, but just a couple of months ago I noticed that my ankles (of all places) were very itchy when I first woke up in the am. Curious, I got looking around here at another thread and someone was saying that this itchiness can be a side-effect of the detox that our bodies are going through, and that dry brushing can help. So I tried that - and it did work. I've been dry brushing my skin a few times/week ever since then... No more itchy ankles. Might be worth a try.

Last edited by evepet; 03-27-2013 at 03:50 PM.
evepet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 12:16 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 221.2/205.2/150

Height: 5'5"

I know this thread is kinda old but I thought I would try responding and share my information.

Three weeks into IP, I started getting extremely itchy hands especially at night! I too thought this was an allergic reaction to kale or brussel sprouts. After going to the Urgent Care and ER, I saw a dermatologist. He said I have Eczema. He gave me some strong steriod creme which isnt that helpful.

I spoke to my coach yesterday about this. She suggested upping my Omega so instead of taking 3x a day, I've doubled it. I'm hoping it works.

Hopefully this helps you all! Good luck!
KeepMovingForward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 02:26 PM   #11  

I have the same issue, 3rd day of my plan and bam!
I have it for 3 years now, I can not lose weight, i am really stressed, now I am trying to do it with Zirtek, which is hard because it increases my appetite.
I have red bumps on my head, extremely itchy, if I don't treat them they'll go all over my body. Driving me crazy, really!

Does anybody have any solution to this?

Thanks...
silvine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 08:21 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvine View Post
I have the same issue, 3rd day of my plan and bam!
I have it for 3 years now, I can not lose weight, i am really stressed, now I am trying to do it with Zirtek, which is hard because it increases my appetite.
I have red bumps on my head, extremely itchy, if I don't treat them they'll go all over my body. Driving me crazy, really!

Does anybody have any solution to this?

Thanks...
Side effects of Zirtek are itching, rash, and hives.... sounds like what you've got.
http://www.drugs.com/uk/pdf/leaflet/704691.pdf Have you been taking the Zirtak for the past 3 yrs? Also if you are taking the oral solution it has sorbitol - a sugar alcohol and some people are bothered by sugar alcohols....

Hope you find the answer
Liana

Last edited by canadjineh; 04-11-2016 at 08:22 PM. Reason: spelling
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 05:50 AM   #13  

i had itchy and dry skin.during winter season i suffered a lot with dry patches.i was loking for remedy with natural ingredients and i tried foderma which gives immediate solution.recommend to all.no no no itchy.
yang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 10:01 PM   #14  

Recently I have suffered from the worst dry skni on scalp its Eczema flare at the same time. I could not dress up my hair was out of control.I have started applyin a foderma.its good on now.
terisita is offline   Reply With Quote