Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 06:07 AM   #1  

Default IP Daily Chat Wednesday 3/27/2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
and here Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 03-27-2013, 07:29 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 0/9/40

Height: 5' 1.25"

Thanks for reply JenRem. I do weigh first thing in morning, naked. (About 4 or 4:30). My weigh in was 10:45. I drink about 4 cups of 1/2 caffeine coffee, plus by that time I also had at least 32 oz of water, plus my spinach and protein drink. In the first few days I had 1-2 egg whites plus 1-2 mini dill pickles. Finding I don't need them quite as much last couple of days. But do have a couple cooked up for emergencies. I did go to Sam's and get some of their EAS Advantage drinks and their Pure Protein bars ( as restricted items) to stretch my budget some.

I will post 2 days of menu ( I think the worst or most off).
I started on Tuesday the 19th
Saturday:
B: 1 1/2 c spinach and celery, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, choc drink
Snack: egg white and pickle
L: 2 c. Veggies, 1 T WF dressing, spaghetti mix
Dinner: Mac in a bowl (1/2 # lean beef), 1/2 cup veggies, lettuce, 2 T WF dressing
Snack: pure protein bar
(On Sunday morning review noticed that I had 2 restricted for Saturday! I had a slight gain of .2)
Sunday:
B: 1 1/2 cups spinach, vanilla drink
L: split up...1 bite of restricted bar after church and then 2 hour visit with Mom in Alzheimer's unit, finished bar on way home, then had 1 1/2 cups veggies with 2 T WF dressing
D: 5 oz chicken, 1/2 cup rutabaga, 1/2 tsp EVOO, lettuce with 1/2 cup veggies and WF dressing
S: IP banana pudding
I realized I did not have full amount of cooked protein-but would have barfed if I forced more. I had planned on finishing full chicken amount plus adding 1 egg, but....

I usually do 1-2 egg whites with a pickle after water aerobics, rest then do lunch. Coach told me water aerobics ok, but drop egg whites, and split my morning protein for before and after swim.

I also wanted to pick up my line dance lessons again (maybe adding in some extra protein after). I am generally pretty inactive except for those activities as I am retired.

Sorry this is so long....but some help here would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:34 AM   #3  

I forgot to add in that I drink an extra 2 cups of water to cover my coffee...for a total of 80-84 oz.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:49 AM   #4  
Started IP Feb 19, 2013

Height: 5'5"

I'm first this morning, it MUST be early. Wednesday already and a short week.

I have been thinking about my goal weight and may have to revise. In order to reach it I still have almost 20 pounds to lose, that would take me down 2 more sizes to size 5. I can't be that thin, I am not built that way. I am thinking instead of 150, I will raise that to 155 and that will still give me a buffer for phasing off. If I settle at 160, I will be happy. I am 5'5" with a med-large bone structure.

Well I was first when I started!!

Last edited by Donna Gel; 03-27-2013 at 07:56 AM.
Old 03-27-2013, 08:12 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 251/188/135

Height: 5' 4"

NSV
I LOVE COFFEE! I also love about 4 tsp of sugar (at minimum, I actually just pour until I think it's enough so no true measurement) in my coffee as well as half a cow! Since joining IP in January I have only had it once and was not able to finish it due to not caring for artificial sweeteners and skim milk.
This morning I broke down and decided to try what so many of you have done. I added my morning vanilla shake (1/2 of it ) to my coffee as well as a shot of SF o/o/o english toffee syrup. It is actually almost as good as my original before IP version!!!!! I will have the other half of my vanilla shake after I'm done with my coffee and that will be that!
Thanks for the advice, encouragement and random posts. If you lurk long enough (or not so long even) you can find out so much!
I love it here!!!!

Last edited by aliboo723; 03-27-2013 at 08:13 AM.
Old 03-27-2013, 08:37 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

In the summer I love to make an iced coffee and dump an entire Vanilla RTD in there...so good!
Old 03-27-2013, 08:40 AM   #7  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Jeaner you didn't list the oil. Don't forget to have the daily allotment of oil. Don't count the small amount you are cooking with, just measure and count what you are putting directly on your food.

Exercise will not accelerate your losses, it typically will slow it down. Actually, you aren't supposed to exercise for the first 3 weeks at all. You might want to try skipping the water aerobics for 1-2 weeks to see how your losses go. Your body needs some time to get used to this very low calorie diet.

Donna Gel goal weights are definitely an individual thing, and they aren't set in stone. I've changed my goal several times, but ultimately it comes down to if I like how I look. My goal is based on a 23% body fat, but it may change again because I have no idea if I'll be happy with that.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:11 AM   #8  
IP start date 12/12/12

S/C/G: 197.6/191.8/150

Height: 5'5.5"

Huh...I posted yesterday about not losing pounds but my belt is getting to be too big. Well I stepped on the scale again this morning and I am down 2 lbs from yesterday which puts me at 1.2 lbs down from last WI. My official WI is tomorrow morning but I'm pretty surprised that I will have a loss this week...given the wine I drank over the weekend.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:20 AM   #9  
Started IP Alt. 01/02/13

S/C/G: 193.4/see ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Good morning all!

Did my WI this morning and am down 3.2 pounds which I am thrilled with - particularly given it is my TOM and it was a rough week emotionally wise. Getting closer and closer to my goal weight :-)
Old 03-27-2013, 11:08 AM   #10  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskuby View Post
Huh...I posted yesterday about not losing pounds but my belt is getting to be too big. Well I stepped on the scale again this morning and I am down 2 lbs from yesterday which puts me at 1.2 lbs down from last WI. My official WI is tomorrow morning but I'm pretty surprised that I will have a loss this week...given the wine I drank over the weekend.
Well, here's hoping the scale holds and that you got away with it!

WI today, down 2 more! Yippeee! That's 21.5 for me so far. I had really begun to wonder whether my body was actually capable of losing weight -- I am so thrilled and relieved to see that it can!! I began this plan at the start of lent, so, as of today, that is 21.5 lbs gone in 42 days. I am thrilled.

Congrats Psycht on the 3.2 loss! Way to go!

Jeaner -- I can't imagine how frustrating and confusing it must have been to actually see a gain after week 1. I am sure others here with more experience will give you great technical advice. I just want to cheer you on to stay with it, make adjustments where needed, and get to next week where you will most definitely see good results. Hang in there!

My son is out of school for spring break in 1 hour. It will be a good exercise in self-control and sacrifice for me this week -- Easter + 12 y/o boy = food, food, food. We already made white chocolate Easter lambs this week . . . good thing I don't like white chocolate! That said, I will make sure my family has an enjoyable, traditional Easter and I will be making the substitutions necessary to continue on this weight loss journey. I'm not even discussing it with myself (after this, lol).

Have a good day, all!
Old 03-27-2013, 11:17 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 275/ticker/195

Height: 5'10"

Congrats, SylviesGirl and Psycht on the losses!!
Old 03-27-2013, 11:20 AM   #12  

Ragdoll...you caught me just as I was going out that door for water aerobics...so I changed gears and will not do water aerobics for a couple of weeks. I will also not line dance for a couple of weeks.

I did forget to mention the oil when listing my menu for those two days. That is something that I do forget to pay attention to for the most part. I wanted to remember to add at least 1 tsp to my morning smoothie with the spinach, but since I was also told I should not split up my veggies I think I will switch from WF dressings to EVOO and vinegar or lemon on my veggies. So, I have been inconsistent with the oil. Too bad about the 'no spinach' morning smoothie....I really did like that.
Old 03-27-2013, 11:26 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 216/209.6/180

Height: 5'9

Congrats Sylvie's girl. Wow you are losing at a great rate! It must feel good. And to Jeaner I agree with Sylvie's girl. It must be so frustrating for you. I am really hoping your 2nd weigh in will give you the results you are looking for. Good for you and your determination to see it work. It will! Eventually!

I am happy to report my stomach seems to have settled. Still not sure what it was.... Could have been a bug, allergies, or the diegestive enzymes I am taking are working. Hard to know for sure. I do know that next time I phase off, I will be watching for allergies. One question I am going to put out there, my digestive enzymes say do not take for more than two weeks. Anyone know why? Lisa? Thanks and everyone have a great day!
Old 03-27-2013, 11:29 AM   #14  

Sylviesgirl....Thanks for the encouragement. I was pretty down about it yesterday, but I did stay OP, so I guess that is a NSV. I KNOW this has to work, it just makes sense! Thanks for all the tips everyone. Every little thing that someone with experience can see from my short menu, or other thoughts can help me tweek this so I can be a fat burning machine! Have a great day everyone. One of my goals today might be to complete my profile and Do a ticker...I finally made 20 posts. Woot-woot.......
Old 03-27-2013, 11:32 AM   #15  
IP start date 12/12/12

S/C/G: 197.6/191.8/150

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylviesGirl View Post
Well, here's hoping the scale holds and that you got away with it!

WI today, down 2 more! Yippeee! That's 21.5 for me so far. I had really begun to wonder whether my body was actually capable of losing weight -- I am so thrilled and relieved to see that it can!! I began this plan at the start of lent, so, as of today, that is 21.5 lbs gone in 42 days. I am thrilled.

Congrats Psycht on the 3.2 loss! Way to go!

Jeaner -- I can't imagine how frustrating and confusing it must have been to actually see a gain after week 1. I am sure others here with more experience will give you great technical advice. I just want to cheer you on to stay with it, make adjustments where needed, and get to next week where you will most definitely see good results. Hang in there!

My son is out of school for spring break in 1 hour. It will be a good exercise in self-control and sacrifice for me this week -- Easter + 12 y/o boy = food, food, food. We already made white chocolate Easter lambs this week . . . good thing I don't like white chocolate! That said, I will make sure my family has an enjoyable, traditional Easter and I will be making the substitutions necessary to continue on this weight loss journey. I'm not even discussing it with myself (after this, lol).

Have a good day, all!
Congrats on your loss!!! Here's hoping that mine holds till tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeaner View Post
Ragdoll...you caught me just as I was going out that door for water aerobics...so I changed gears and will not do water aerobics for a couple of weeks. I will also not line dance for a couple of weeks.

I did forget to mention the oil when listing my menu for those two days. That is something that I do forget to pay attention to for the most part. I wanted to remember to add at least 1 tsp to my morning smoothie with the spinach, but since I was also told I should not split up my veggies I think I will switch from WF dressings to EVOO and vinegar or lemon on my veggies. So, I have been inconsistent with the oil. Too bad about the 'no spinach' morning smoothie....I really did like that.
I don't understand why your coach told you not to split it up...lots of people do it, especially with the spinach smoothie for breakfast...My bet is on the exercise...
Closed Thread