Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 06:06 AM   #1  

Default IP Daily Chat Tuesday 3/26/2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
and here Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 03-26-2013, 06:27 AM   #2  
Reboot Jan 2018

Height: 5'7"

Hope everyone has a great Tuesday. I'm fighting a stomach flu right now so think I will be staying home on my couch today. I managed to get in all my food yesterday even though the last thing I want to do is eat. I hate being sick.
Old 03-26-2013, 06:52 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 219/Start IP at 206/172/135

Height: 5 feet 3 inches

Default Happy Tuesday everyone

Hello,

In Toronto for work for 3 days this week. Well NSV yesterday. Did some shopping to get some spring clothes as my closet is almost empty.

Well I be damn, I bought medium, fits nicely, not even tight and not even close to my goal weight. wow Only bought 2 stretch tops so I can wear them for a while, but I honestly think the last time I bought medium was when I was dating my husband over 25 years ago. What a feeling.

On a funny note, spend most of my shopping time looking for a sleeveless pj I could wear while I get ready in the morning (lots of hot flashes when getting ready) or walk in my backyard during the summer. I am literally floating in my pjs.

Problem wasn't the sizes, but could not find a pj that was NOT see through unless is was granny style with a flowered print or so short, well you get the drift. I know I am a grandmother, but just not ready to wear those kinds of pjs.

I surely am not the only one who need a pj presentable in front of family and friends... really. quite the eye opener. Not even The Bay or Sears, two stores at the Eaton Center that have like 6 floors or more. Any way, 3 hours later, no pj, but 2 beautiful medium tops.

Just thought I'd share my pj story. Have a great day everyone.
Old 03-26-2013, 06:56 AM   #4  
11/30/2015

S/C/G: 143/see ticker/140

Ginettepv: congrats on the NSV! I love the pj story,
Old 03-26-2013, 06:57 AM   #5  
11/30/2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheekyskeeter View Post
Hope everyone has a great Tuesday. I'm fighting a stomach flu right now so think I will be staying home on my couch today. I managed to get in all my food yesterday even though the last thing I want to do is eat. I hate being sick.
I hope you feel better soon!
Old 03-26-2013, 06:59 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginettepv View Post
On a funny note, spend most of my shopping time looking for a sleeveless pj I could wear while I get ready in the morning (lots of hot flashes when getting ready) or walk in my backyard during the summer. I am literally floating in my pjs.

Problem wasn't the sizes, but could not find a pj that was NOT see through unless is was granny style with a flowered print or so short, well you get the drift. I know I am a grandmother, but just not ready to wear those kinds of pjs.

I surely am not the only one who need a pj presentable in front of family and friends... really.
That's why I wear big t shirts with workout-type shorts or yoga pants!
Old 03-26-2013, 07:40 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 192/172/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi Ladies,
Do any of you use a website to track your calories and nutrients? I use Loseit on my phone but it's too confusing to make another account. He's have stomach and allergy issues and I want to start tracking what he's eating.

THanks for your help.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:03 AM   #8  

S/C/G: IP 140/115/115

Height: 5'1"

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheekyskeeter View Post
Oh so sorry you have that dreaded stomach flu!
Hope you feel better soon! Nothing worse is what I say!

WI tonight, scale at home says down 2, but by the end of the
day that could be 1 at the clinic. Any loss is a good loss!!!!
Ill take it. Okay off to work!
Have a great day everyone! Stay OP!!!
Ttyal!

D
Old 03-26-2013, 08:17 AM   #9  
Started IP Feb 19, 2013

Height: 5'5"

WI this morning, won't even hazard a guess this time as I have been so wrong before. I know I have lost both pounds and inches.

I am out of everything this morning, so I will have to shop while I am there. Because I don't get to the clinic every week I buy a couple at a time.

I read a lot about using alternatives and I have thought about it. I decided to stay 100% IP. I don't want to mess with a good thing. This is working therefore I want to stay with it, as is. My coach is as determined that I succeed as I am so loyalty plays a big part.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:34 AM   #10  
IP Start 01/25/13

S/C/G: 223/182/170

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna Gel View Post
I read a lot about using alternatives and I have thought about it. I decided to stay 100% IP. I don't want to mess with a good thing. This is working therefore I want to stay with it, as is. My coach is as determined that I succeed as I am so loyalty plays a big part.
I feel the same way about my coach as well. DW and I do use Quest Bars on occasion due to the convenience. It's a lot easier to drop a bar in your pocket when you're on the go versus trying to deal with a shaker.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:37 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 160/130/135

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginettepv View Post
Hello,

In Toronto for work for 3 days this week. Well NSV yesterday. Did some shopping to get some spring clothes as my closet is almost empty.

Well I be damn, I bought medium, fits nicely, not even tight and not even close to my goal weight. wow Only bought 2 stretch tops so I can wear them for a while, but I honestly think the last time I bought medium was when I was dating my husband over 25 years ago. What a feeling.

I surely am not the only one who need a pj presentable in front of family and friends... really. quite the eye opener. Not even The Bay or Sears, two stores at the Eaton Center that have like 6 floors or more. Any way, 3 hours later, no pj, but 2 beautiful medium tops.

Just thought I'd share my pj story. Have a great day everyone.
First, congrats on the "Mediums"! What a great accomplishment! On another note, I live in Toronto. If you need PJ's that are not see through and family appropriate, try a store by the name of "La Senza" or "La Vie En Rose". I would imagine you could find what you are looking for there
Old 03-26-2013, 08:38 AM   #12  
Reboot Jan 2018

I'm also staying 100% IP as I love my coach and its working so decided not to mess with a good thing. I've only got a few more weeks with her so even though I'd love to save some money I will wait it out.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:38 AM   #13  
IP start: 21 October 2012

S/C/G: 190.6/135.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildviolets View Post
Hi Ladies,
Do any of you use a website to track your calories and nutrients? I use Loseit on my phone but it's too confusing to make another account. He's have stomach and allergy issues and I want to start tracking what he's eating.

THanks for your help.
My Fitness Pal. You can set up the account (it's free) and enter food, exercise, etc online. If you download the app to your phone (also free) you can make entries that way. The app and online site sync with each other.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:38 AM   #14  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

I'm just keepin' on keepin' on over here. WI tomorrow. I hope it will be a good result, but I am setting my mind to be okay with whatever it shows. I have stayed OP, but I did a lot of physical exertion over the weekend (tiling and grouting) and TOM is here. I've been hungrier this week. I am looking at that as an "opportunity to use my 'stores'!"

Have a good day, all!

P.S. What a great discussion yesterday! Very interesting and insightful.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:45 AM   #15  
11/30/2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildviolets View Post
Hi Ladies,

THanks for your help.
I use My Fitness Pal, very easy, I've never had to add any foods manually, everything I've entered is in the database. I don't like tracking what I eat so you know this has to be easy!
Closed Thread