Old 03-25-2013, 02:44 PM   #1  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 172/160/135

Height: 5'7

Default First day on Ideal Protein

I just started Ideal protein this morning. Kind of scared and excited all in one. I need some pointers regarding foods that are tasty. I have tried the crispy cereal which I wasn't very fond of and the broccoli soup. Any help?

Last edited by nicholeg; 03-25-2013 at 02:45 PM.
nicholeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 02:48 PM   #2  
IP Start 01/25/13

S/C/G: 223/182/170

Height: 5'10"

It's really an individual taste sort of thing. I personally like the Wildberry Yogurt and Pina Colada Mixes the best of the unrestricteds. Almost everyone likes the Chocolate Drink mix (which you can have Hot or Cold).

As far as the Restricteds I like the Vanilla Crispy Square the best with just about any of the bars being pretty good.
M35A2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 02:57 PM   #3  
Fresh start

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholeg View Post
I just started Ideal protein this morning. Kind of scared and excited all in one. I need some pointers regarding foods that are tasty. I have tried the crispy cereal which I wasn't very fond of and the broccoli soup. Any help?
Welcome Nicholeg!
I'd love to tell you this and that are the best but really this is about your palate, I had a horrible experience with chicken/broccoli/leek soup however I know people who love those soups.
Hopefully your coach doesn't sell by the box so you can pick a variety of packets.
Good luck and keep in touch
foreveryoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 03:14 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Sometimes, if you doctor the taste slightly with some spices, you will find that something you didn't like all that much improves greatly!!

Crispy cereal - add a little cinnamon (or pumpkin pie spice) and some Splenda. It really makes the taste so much better. I even put a drop of vanilla extract in mine.

Soups - I add some garlic powder, cayenne, and other assorted spices depending on the soup and it really changes it for the better. I also often add vegetables. In fact, I make the soup a little thick (5 oz water) and then use it like a sauce over my vegetables.

Look back at threads that review products or offer recipes and you will get TONS of ideas!

WELCOME!!
Laurie

Last edited by JLUS; 03-25-2013 at 03:15 PM.
JLUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 04:06 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 143/133/120

Height: 5' 2"

A popular crispy cereal change is to mash it up and add 2 egg whites, 1/4 tsp baking soda, 1/4 tsp vanilla and some cinnamon. Cook it like a pancake and add walden farms pancake syrup. It is so yummy! I had tried the crispy cereal as is and had to gag it down but the pancake is my favorite.
Jujubie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 04:17 PM   #6  

Smile

Personally, I get into something I really like and stick to it for days. A couple of my faves for dinner: (If I haven't had my 3rd packet yet for the day)

-Chicken Soup packet with sauteed zucchini, mushrooms and ground turkey is a real great replacement for my old comfort food.

-Omelet packet with Eggs with the same as above sauteed veggies.

I think the hardest part for me to adjust to was having just a drink for breakfast. My favorite drink for bulk is the mango smoothie. It's way too thick for my palate so I throw some ice into a 32 oz cup pour the smoothie in and fill it to the top with water. If it needs some sweetness after that I add a couple drops of vanilla stevia. I can drink on that for an hour!

Hope this helps!
ZOMBIEDAWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 04:20 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jujubie View Post
A popular crispy cereal change is to mash it up and add 2 egg whites, 1/4 tsp baking soda, 1/4 tsp vanilla and some cinnamon. Cook it like a pancake and add walden farms pancake syrup. It is so yummy! I had tried the crispy cereal as is and had to gag it down but the pancake is my favorite.
Do you use a shaker to make the cereal? I made it without and it was so gross I haven't bothered re-ordering it! I am curious about this pancake made with it though....
ZOMBIEDAWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 04:22 PM   #8  
IP- a journey; not a race

S/C/G: 245/188/168

Height: 5'4" 41yo

WELCOME

Really, just keep it simple in the beginning and try only those foods that sound appealing to YOU. The first week or even the first month (IMHO) is not the time to be brave and try new IP foods. For example, I've never had cream of broccoli soup (ever) so the beginning of IP wasn't the time to try it. If I had and didn't like it..... would it have been because I don't like cream of broccoli soup of that I didn't like IP's cream of broccoli soup. Does this make sense???

In the beginning, you are "detoxing" off of your normal great tasting carbs. Also, they have some non-sugar sweeteners that may be new to you and have a different-off taste and sometimes even an after-taste.
Our taste buds change over time. Many people have shared that some IP food they hated in the beginning, later on they really liked.

Good Luck!
Visit this site daily or as often as you can. Many (almost all) would say that the encouragement/advice we get here on 3FC plays a huge part in our WL success!
JenRem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 04:24 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 143/133/120

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOMBIEDAWN View Post
Do you use a shaker to make the cereal? I made it without and it was so gross I haven't bothered re-ordering it! I am curious about this pancake made with it though....
I do put it all in the shaker and it pours out like batter.
Jujubie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 05:59 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 160/153/140

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Welcome, I am only three weeks into this journey but have to tell you that it is a wonderful program. With the cereal, I add a splenda to it and find it makes it enjoyable. With the broc. and cheese, I pour it over a couple of cups of broc. So far, the only food I did not like is the tom. soup but am sure that others may love it.

This board is wonderful, so many great tips to be found on it. I did have some shaky days during the first couple of weeks with light headness and such but now feel great.

Again - welcome - this is a wonderful plan.
safetylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 06:16 PM   #11  
start IP 3-3-13

S/C/G: 282/238/200

Height: 6'1

only into week 4....the first 3 days was hardest but each day got easier and easier..my favorite is the chicken patty wrapped in lettuce instead of bread...
the thousand island, sesame ginger, spicy bbq sauce from walden farms are pretty darn good....
billbrown72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:47 PM   #12  
Fresh start

Height: 5'8"

I don't use a shaker generally speaking, only for the puddings - I used to get grossed out with all the product left for me to clean... I use a fork instead for my cereal, oatmeal, etc.
foreveryoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:10 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 219/141/130

Height: 5'1''

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOMBIEDAWN View Post
Hi Dawn-it helps if you break up the cereal first. Before you open the packet, use a rolling pin to crush the crispies. Then add it to the shaker with the 2 egg whites, 1/4-1/2 tsp baking powder and whatever your tastes prefer-I like almond extract, cinnamon and cardamom. you may need to add a bit of water if it is too thick but be careful you don't make it too watery (like only 1-1.5 oz of water at the most). Good luck!
WorldTraveleronIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:19 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 219/141/130

Height: 5'1''

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholeg View Post
You are going to need to play and try out a variety of packets to find your favs. Also, it helps to add to the packets or improvise, mixing 2 packets and halving 1/2 serving. Examples: dark chocolate pudding and pina colada drink mixed in a blender with 10 oz water, ice cubes and a bit of sugar free Torani coconut syrup + Walden Farms chocolate syrup. I made this over the weekend as a snack and it was heavenly.

You can make soups thicker for veggie sauce, puddings thicker for "fudge" if you mix and freeze them, drinks and puddings can become smoothies or "frosties," there are loads of options. Read through the recipe threads and choose packets based upon your tastes. Also keep in mind your tastes will change the longer you remain on the diet. I have found that many of the foods I hated (crispy cereal for example) in the beginning, I love now.

Good luck and Welcome!!!
WorldTraveleronIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:30 AM   #15  
Reboot Jan 2018

Height: 5'7"

I personally like the cereal but don't have it often as I find its not as filling as a shake. I love most of the bars but my favourite is the caramel nut bar.....feels like I'm eating a chocolate bar which honestly I never used to eat many before IP....chips was always my downfall.
Cheekyskeeter is offline   Reply With Quote