South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 03-21-2013, 04:28 PM   #1  

Talking Doing SB the Gluten Free Way

I am starting this thread for those of us that are doing SB and are Gluten Free. We can exchange recipes, ideas and what have you. I am just starting out and from what I can see Phase 1 is already GF but I am very interested to hear what others are doing!

Look forward to hearing from y'all!
Wendy
Wendalina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 07:09 PM   #2  
Xan
serial rejoiner

S/C/G: 296/264/160

Height: 5' 8"

I am so glad you started this thread, Wendalina! I'm not sure I'm sensitive to gluten, but I know I feel a lot better when I don't eat wheat products. I'm looking forward to reading the ideas and recipe here.
Xan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:58 PM   #3  
Big Miss Sunshine

S/C/G: 280/See Ticker/175

Height: 72.5"

I saw the SB Gluten free recipe book on Amazon. Says it won't be out until November! Makes me think they haven't come up with many dishes!
MissKoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:42 AM   #4  

November???? wow

well I think I am going to make a batch of deviled eggs and slice some cucumbers to go with my roasted red pepper hummus. I need snacky things for the weekend when all 4 kids will be around. Also going to head out to Aldi in a few to get some fruit to have on hand for the kiddos. Now I wonder about doing a meatloaf for dinner... prob just like a regular meatloaf but maybe use almond meal/flour instead of the bread crumbs?

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Wendy
Old 03-24-2013, 10:51 AM   #5  

hola chicas!
I just found out that the SB Gluten solution is coming out on April 2.... cookbook wont be out until November though. I was in the check out lane and the cover of Womens World had as their main article....South-Beach Slimmer! Lose 17lbs on gluten-free South Beach! Needless to say I picked it up and its not a plethera of info but it did give sample menus and a guideline.

This morning for breakfast I warmed a corn tortilla and filled it with eggs then dipped it in chunky salsa.... YUMMY! This is definitely an option and I dont really like eggs...so BONUS!

Dinner is greek chicken, mixed greens and wild rice for the fam.

Happy Palm Sunday to y'all!
Old 04-01-2013, 06:15 PM   #6  
Professional dieter

S/C/G: 250/232/130

Height: 5'3"

I just pre-ordered my book on Amazon and I'll have it on April 4th

I am not sure that I am necessarily gluten sensitive, but I have found that I feel bloated when I eat things like bread. So, I am gonna give it a shot. I have been doing some research on gluten and I wonder if it is to blame for mine and my husband's acid reflux problems. Either way, I am totally in this with you.

I slept in today since it is my Bday. (read: I went back to bed after getting the kids on the bus lol) When I woke up, I made myself some sauteed zucchini and mushrooms and a couple scrambled eggs. I used to eat these with a whole wheat tortilla and taco sauce but that is out now. I wonder if I can find non-GMO corn tortillas. I am trying to eliminate GMO's everywhere that I can.
For a snack I had cucumbers and hummus. And for dinner, we are going to a steakhouse. So, I am gonna get a lean steak with a sweet potato and a dinner salad (hold the croutons). I can totally do this.
Jennie527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 06:19 PM   #7  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Count me in. I have gluten intolerance.

I naturally seem to follow SB diet.
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote